Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 7:16 AM
Default Need help with my music recording
Hey guys!
Just wondering if it is possible to record audio using the sound engine pre-sets from my Yamaha digital piano into Garageband, using an Ipad? If yes how?
I know how it is done on Macbook but just curious about how to do this on my iPad.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 5:40 PM
To record audio into an iPad from an instrument, you'll need some kind of USB audio interface specifically for the iPad. along with that you can plugin the audio interface into the iPad, and connect your keyboard to the interface, and after that it will be ready to record your audio

I was using Garageband on my windows with some method I found online. But that doesn’t work any longer. Do you know if there is some other way?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2020 at 6:49 PM
Thank you! I would like to know if there is a specific name for these types of USB interface?
I did not know you can use macOS apps in Windows but you mentioned that you were using it that way, so, I was looking on google about this and came across this guide. You can try these methods and see if that works.
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th May 2020 at 5:45 PM
If you just started with DAW, then garageband is really best app! It is quite easily to learn. Later you can use some pro tools like FL studio