Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1997 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1885 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 30 of 80
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#726 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcelebrity00
Do you know why the previous few versions do this to the hair meshes?

Please use the latest version and see if it gives the same problem. If so, please upload or link to the hair.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#727 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Please use the latest version and see if it gives the same problem. If so, please upload or link to the hair.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/stella-hair-39946443 is the hair.....it does the same thing with the latest version from November 18th.
Test Subject
#728 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 6:23 PM
https://www.patreon.com/posts/stella-hair-39946443 is the hair.....it does the same thing with the latest version from November 18th.

oh yeah the other thing is with the hair the mesh only gets messed up at the scalp area......the rest of the hair is fine
Test Subject
#729 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 5:24 AM
Default When's the update?

hey you said the update would come in a week or so...is it coming??? Me and alot of other people i know use it to make our previews
Test Subject
#730 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 5:26 AM
oh yeah the other thing is with the hair the mesh only gets messed up at the scalp area......the rest of the hair is fine

How do you seem to be everywhere I am? Are u following me? It's weird. Please stop. Thank you ????
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#731 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LolzloL
hey you said the update would come in a week or so...is it coming??? Me and alot of other people i know use it to make our previews

I've been preoccupied with decoding LRLE and I've been sick and unable to sit at my desk for long. Sorry for the delay but it's going to take longer than I thought and may not include the skin and makeup sliders.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#732 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 7:03 PM
I've been preoccupied with decoding LRLE and I've been sick and unable to sit at my desk for long. Sorry for the delay but it's going to take longer than I thought and may not include the skin and makeup sliders.

Oh I see. I'm just a little confused, how is it supposed to work with the update if skin and makeup don't work? Get well soon xx
Test Subject
#733 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 7:42 PM
Oh I see. I'm just a little confused, how is it supposed to work with the update if skin and makeup don't work? Get well soon xx

It's weird sim ripper actually works for my friend with the skintone update somehow. but i know it doesnt work for alot of people.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#734 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 10:20 PM

It'll work but without the adjustments in hue, saturation, brightness, and transparency that you can make now with the sliders, just the base makeup and skin color.

Btw, you should still be able to use it with games saved before the December patch. Maybe that's why it's working for some people and not others. I've already updated the save game format, I'll try to get back to it tomorrow or the next day.

Test Subject
#735 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 5:23 AM
It'll work but without the adjustments in hue, saturation, brightness, and transparency that you can make now with the sliders, just the base makeup and skin color.

Btw, you should still be able to use it with games saved before the December patch. Maybe that's why it's working for some people and not others. I've already updated the save game format, I'll try to get back to it tomorrow or the next day.

sounds good..thanks king...this program is everything and more...I can speak for alot of people when I say we are all looking forward for this serve to work again.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#736 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 7:43 PM
Version 3.4 uploaded, with support for the December patch, LRLE, and all makeup and skin definitions.

I've looked at the hair and something funky is going on with the transparency at the top and front, maybe a layering problem. I'll see if I can fix it later but for now it's not going to look right.

Test Subject
#737 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 5:45 AM

Hello there! For some reason, I get this issue when I try to save as dae and all the other formats. Do you have any idea why? I've reinstalled, tried running as administrator, checked my paths. Idk why it's doing this.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#738 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 6:55 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 7th Jan 2021 at 11:27 AM.
Hello there! For some reason, I get this issue when I try to save as dae and all the other formats. Do you have any idea why? I've reinstalled, tried running as administrator, checked my paths. Idk why it's doing this.

Sorry, I don't know either. It works for me, I didn't change that part of the program, and that's a rather infamous error that can mean anything from a bad image, to closing the image stream before saving the file, to a bad path, to lack of permissions, to a space at the end of a folder name, to lack of disk space, to your antivirus blocking it.

You could try saving to another location, that's all I can suggest at this time.

Test Subject
#739 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 9:49 PM
Hi there! So I saw that you pretty much know this already but I just wanted to report that I can't get any eyelashes on male young adults on the new preset EA skins since the December update. Even with the latest version (v3.4.0.0) of SimRipper. I've tried five different skin tones and they all had the same result. So far I've been able to get around it by Photoshopping the eyelashes on the texture from a pre-December update Sim, but it's not ideal.

This is what came out of the error listing:
Code:
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0x79FF62BF0FB24CC2
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0x670F265F9B24E9DB
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0x951417C2A377600D
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0x0E11A661821C6336
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0xA02C6281C3393D7C
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0xA98C3BA4371B4C53
Can't find LRLE texture 0x3453CF95-0x00000000-0xA3EC609A2DAB31D3
Can't find LRLE texture 0x3453CF95-0x00000000-0x8A4EC419617EFB8F
Can't find LRLE texture 0x3453CF95-0x00000000-0x983C2A528E708C94

I've included some screenshots and the Sim Information Listing down below.

I appreciate your hard work though! I've been using SimRipper to teach myself how to create a fully rigged VR avatar in Unity and so far I'm making great progress. I couldn't have done this without your tool, so massive thanks for creating it!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  SimInformation.txt (8.1 KB, 2 downloads)
Description: Sim Information
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#740 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wouter-s
Hi there! So I saw that you pretty much know this already but I just wanted to report that I can't get any eyelashes on male young adults on the new preset EA skins since the December update. Even with the latest version (v3.4.0.0) of SimRipper. I've tried five different skin tones and they all had the same result. So far I've been able to get around it by Photoshopping the eyelashes on the texture from a pre-December update Sim, but it's not ideal.

This is what came out of the error listing:
Code:
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0x79FF62BF0FB24CC2
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0x670F265F9B24E9DB
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0x951417C2A377600D
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0x0E11A661821C6336
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0xA02C6281C3393D7C
Can't find LRLE texture 0x2BC04EDF-0x00000000-0xA98C3BA4371B4C53
Can't find LRLE texture 0x3453CF95-0x00000000-0xA3EC609A2DAB31D3
Can't find LRLE texture 0x3453CF95-0x00000000-0x8A4EC419617EFB8F
Can't find LRLE texture 0x3453CF95-0x00000000-0x983C2A528E708C94

I've included some screenshots and the Sim Information Listing down below.

I appreciate your hard work though! I've been using SimRipper to teach myself how to create a fully rigged VR avatar in Unity and so far I'm making great progress. I couldn't have done this without your tool, so massive thanks for creating it!

Thanks for the report! I thought eyelashes were working but the patch changes along with finally including LRLE support - which can get complicated because of the workarounds in various CC - means some things will have to be worked out. I'll look into it!

Test Subject
#741 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 1:53 PM
Hello! Happy New Year! Im dropping in again this time to say I found a very interesting issue!

on Standard textures sims have Eyebrows but on HQ.... some interesting things happen? (guess they decided they wanted a style change just cos they are extra! hahaha)

I haven't tried the Dog's coat texture we talked about last time not sure if that got fixed.

Anyway I hope you are well and that you had a happy holiday season :D
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#742 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missultimate
Hello! Happy New Year! Im dropping in again this time to say I found a very interesting issue!

on Standard textures sims have Eyebrows but on HQ.... some interesting things happen? (guess they decided they wanted a style change just cos they are extra! hahaha)

I haven't tried the Dog's coat texture we talked about last time not sure if that got fixed.

Anyway I hope you are well and that you had a happy holiday season :D

That is interesting! I haven't even looked at HQ yet. Are those EA or CC eyebrows?

I'm okay, still recovering and distracted by current events, thanks for asking. Christmas just didn't feel like Christmas.

Test Subject
#743 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 5:59 PM
That is interesting! I haven't even looked at HQ yet. Are those EA or CC eyebrows?

I'm okay, still recovering and distracted by current events, thanks for asking. Christmas just didn't feel like Christmas.

Awe Christmas didn't feel like Christmas for me either... (please know that if you do want someone to talk to though, my dms here or https://missultimate99.tumblr.com/ are always open for a chat) (sending hugs)

As for Pam's eyebrows, they are just plain EA and it was happening to my male sims with EA eyebrows too. I find it weird they just up and left they worked fine before the new update.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#744 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missultimate
Awe Christmas didn't feel like Christmas for me either... (please know that if you do want someone to talk to though, my dms here or https://missultimate99.tumblr.com/ are always open for a chat) (sending hugs)

As for Pam's eyebrows, they are just plain EA and it was happening to my male sims with EA eyebrows too. I find it weird they just up and left they worked fine before the new update.

Thanks!

Lol, this is what I get in HQ. Adding support for LRLE textures clearly messed up the resizing somehow. Your sim's eyebrows are probably on her butt or something.

I'll get it fixed.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#745 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 7:52 PM
Thanks!

Lol, this is what I get in HQ. Adding support for LRLE textures clearly messed up the resizing somehow. Your sim's eyebrows are probably on her butt or something.

I'll get it fixed.

damn.. i mean I've heard of people growing their body hair out but never of eyebrows on their butts

Speaking of LRLE i got one of those issues with a toddler the other day but I'll have to send her files along later cos I'm deadly tired, its 4 am here.

I think I also might have had an issue with the skin tones just not showing my sims up in the ripper at all but ill check that when I check the toddler.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#746 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 4:16 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 10th Jan 2021 at 4:29 PM.
Version 3.4.1 uploaded. I forgot to resize the LRLE textures, now fixed.

Quote: Originally posted by Wouter-s

I tested and eyelashes show up fine for me. If you're using HQ mode it could be the LRLE resizing problem that's fixed in the new version. If it still doesn't work, if you upload the sim troubleshooting info and your save game I'll take a look.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#747 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 1:02 PM

The tool seems doesn't see default skin replacements anymore.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#748 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 2:32 PM
Version 3.4.2 uploaded.

Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy
The tool seems doesn't see default skin replacements anymore.

Sorry about that, fixed with this update hopefully. With custom LRLE, RLE, and RLE disguised as LRLE to juggle there may be more glitches so let me know.

Lab Assistant
#749 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 8:30 PM Last edited by wild_guy : 13th Jan 2021 at 8:48 PM.
Version 3.4.2 uploaded.
Sorry about that, fixed with this update hopefully. With custom LRLE, RLE, and RLE disguised as LRLE to juggle there may be more glitches so let me know.

Seems to be working fine now, thank you very much!
Test Subject
#750 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 12:07 AM

I tested and eyelashes show up fine for me. If you're using HQ mode it could be the LRLE resizing problem that's fixed in the new version. If it still doesn't work, if you upload the sim troubleshooting info and your save game I'll take a look.

Hmm I'm still having the same problem in 3.4.2 unfortunately, both in Standard and HQ mode. No errors this time though since the Error Listing button stays disabled. Also the Sim Troubleshooting Info doesn't work because I'm not using any CC.
So I've only uploaded the Information Listing and the save game. The save file is a new game without any modifications. It just contains a household with 5 times the same Sim but with different skin colors. I've named them 'Sim Ripper', so it shouldn't be hard to find.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sim-Information-Listing.txt (8.0 KB, 1 downloads)
File Type: zip  savegame.zip (3.80 MB, 2 downloads)
Page 30 of 80