Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 4:39 AM Last edited by Maladjusted : 11th Feb 2021 at 2:20 AM. Reason: Edited the title to reflect the fact that I solved the problem.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] InTeenimater: adults can't get jobs because they "need to get better grades and do their homework before being able to work"?????
Hi everyone. I know that there used to be forums dedicated to help with InTeenimater (on Simbology, linked in the User Guide provided in the zip file, and AE Studios). However, both are down, so I'm turning to this community and I hope it's alright. I recently updated my InTeenimater to the latest version 1.9. Having previously played with an outdated version, I thought this would improve my experience. While everything else seems to work perfectly, I do have a quite annoying problem… adults are now unable to get jobs at all. When I instruct them to look for a job and pick one, I then get a popup saying:
Quote:
"Don't you have homework to do? You need to improve your grades if you want to be able to get a job."

Or something along those lines, my game is in German. Obviously, since my Sims are adults, they don't go to school and have no homework to do nor grades to improve. It happens regardless of the method I use to make them look for a job, whether it be the newspaper, the computer, or the Career Adjuster from the inSIMenator. I've attempted it both with premade adult Sims and adult Sims fresh out of Create a Sim, the problem is present with both. I've run the Hack Conflict Detection Utility to no avail. The only mods that "conflict" with the InTeenimater are its flavours. The ones I have installed are:
  • NoAdultTeens
  • NoAgeOfConsent
  • NoCommittedRelationships
  • NoTeenJobsForElders
  • ResidentialGraduates
  • RiskyHoneymoon
  • RiskyRunaway
  • RiskySneakoutAndGoOut
I've tried removing NoAdultTeens, NoTeenJobsForElders, and even ResidentialGraduates, but the popup still shows up. I play with empty cache files set to read only so I don't think deleting those would help. Does anyone know what could cause this? I feel like I've tried everything I could think of and I'm at a complete loss. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 4:52 AM
Have you spawned your adult sims biological clocks and put those in your sims inventories?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Have you spawned your adult sims biological clocks and put those in your sims inventories?

I just tried, but that didn't do anything.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 5:19 AM
Hmm. That is the usual problem with adults not being able to get jobs: without having the clock in the inventory Inteen can't tell how old a sim is.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Systemic Anomaly
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 6:46 AM
HCDU can't detect all mod conflicts. Dialog popup text is one of them - so you might yet be dealing with a conflict with another mod. As a test, try removing ALL other mods (including the flavor paks) from your game and create a new neighborhood. The Pleasant family in Pleasantview is a good test case. Verify that the problem no longer exists. Assuming everything works, add the flavor paks back in, Retest. If that works, you'll need to divide and conquer and slowly re-introduce your other mods back into your game - each time testing the Pleasant family - until the problem resurfaces. With some trial and error, you should be able to identify the mod that is giving you issues.

You can also post a listing of the mods installed in your game here and I can see if anything jumps out as being suspect.

My initial thought is what Sunbee mentioned...some of the pre-made sims in the game are "cluttered" with random data that sometimes confuses InTeen in believing your adult sims are pregnant teens. Spawning the biological clock cleans that up, however, which you've tried. Create-A-Sim sims do not have this "clutter" and you've tried this as well, so this is not what's going on here either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jase439
HCDU can't detect all mod conflicts. Dialog popup text is one of them - so you might yet be dealing with a conflict with another mod. As a test, try removing ALL other mods (including the flavor paks) from your game and create a new neighborhood. The Pleasant family in Pleasantview is a good test case. Verify that the problem no longer exists. Assuming everything works, add the flavor paks back in, Retest. If that works, you'll need to divide and conquer and slowly re-introduce your other mods back into your game - each time testing the Pleasant family - until the problem resurfaces. With some trial and error, you should be able to identify the mod that is giving you issues.

You can also post a listing of the mods installed in your game here and I can see if anything jumps out as being suspect.

My initial thought is what Sunbee mentioned...some of the pre-made sims in the game are "cluttered" with random data that sometimes confuses InTeen in believing your adult sims are pregnant teens. Spawning the biological clock cleans that up, however, which you've tried. Create-A-Sim sims do not have this "clutter" and you've tried this as well, so this is not what's going on here either.

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. I found that my mistake was to download the Ultimate Collection version (with files last modified in 2017) when I do NOT have the Ultimate Collection and play with discs. Using the 1.9 version not specifically catered to the Ultimate Collection (with files last modified in 2009) solved the problem, my adults can now get jobs again. That's on me for not being careful enough when check the Read Me instructions (even though I read them several times), sorry for wasting everyone's time!
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll keep them in mind if another issue arises with InTeenimater in the future and I appreciate you taking the time.