Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 7:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, University Life, Island Paradise
Fps
Hello. I was recently looking for ways to limit my FPS in my game (yes I've done everything in the NVIDIA programs) and I was told that this 'program' would work as well: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34/?

I followed the instructions but my game doesn't want to startup with the files from that 'program' in the Bin location. Any ideas? Thanks .
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
use nvidia inspector

As I said in the OP, I have used that.

[I]Some people say that the jewels of our life are our children. I personally think that the jewels of our life are our memories, good and bad each as we go along. ♥
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 12:06 AM
Nvidia Inspector is not an Nvidia program, it is designed and provided by a third party so it's not a given that you would have already tried it.

It's very unusual for Nvidia Inspector to not provide a useful solution for when the built-in Nvidia Control Panel refuses to cap the frame rates. But the modern versions of the Control Panel do come with an explicit fps cap setting (you specify the fps rate to cap to) that they didn't have before, so even Inspector is not always required anymore. What card are you working with that is being so stubborn, are its drivers up to date, and does windowed mode vs. full-screen make any difference?

In any event, the next third party tool to try if Inspector is just not going to do the job would usually be RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS). It's what many of us with AMD Radeon cards use when the AMD control panel doesn't cap things either, but it should work on just about any card.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Nvidia Inspector is not an Nvidia program, it is designed and provided by a third party so it's not a given that you would have already tried it.

It's very unusual for Nvidia Inspector to not provide a useful solution for when the built-in Nvidia Control Panel refuses to cap the frame rates. But the modern versions of the Control Panel do come with an explicit fps cap setting (you specify the fps rate to cap to) that they didn't have before, so even Inspector is not always required anymore. What card are you working with that is being so stubborn, are its drivers up to date, and does windowed mode vs. full-screen make any difference?

In any event, the next third party tool to try if Inspector is just not going to do the job would usually be RivaTuner Stats Server (RTSS). It's what many of us with AMD Radeon cards use when the AMD control panel doesn't cap things either, but it should work on just about any card.

I don't think my card is being stubborn. I only want to get a program that helps me see if my FPS is actually being limited or not so that I don't overwork my card. My drivers are up to date and I only play on full-screen mode.

[I]Some people say that the jewels of our life are our children. I personally think that the jewels of our life are our memories, good and bad each as we go along. ♥
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxnaomibabeyxx
I only want to get a program that helps me see if my FPS is actually being limited or not so that I don't overwork my card. My drivers are up to date and I only play on full-screen mode.

RTSS will do that for you. It's fps numeric display can be as large or as small as you like and in any position on the screen.

But when it comes to TS3, you can see the actual fps you are getting in-game with Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheats console and type fps on (enter). To make the display go away, cheats console again and type fps off (enter).

I guess you are not going to tell us which card you are working with?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 7:59 PM
RTSS will do that for you. It's fps numeric display can be as large or as small as you like and in any position on the screen.

But when it comes to TS3, you can see the actual fps you are getting in-game with Ctrl+Shift+C to bring up the cheats console and type fps on (enter). To make the display go away, cheats console again and type fps off (enter).

I guess you are not going to tell us which card you are working with?

Thank you . My card is the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 8:11 PM
That's a wow, wish I had one that powerful kind of card, but not an unusual one to see players working with. It would be surprising (but not entirely unheard of) for the Nividia Control Panel and Inspector combination, with the fps caps explicitly set on each, to not be reeling that one in. Some do find they eventually get better results in windowed mode though, and choose to utilize Windowed Borderless Gaming so it looks like full screen, mostly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 8:59 PM
That's a wow, wish I had one that powerful kind of card, but not an unusual one to see players working with. It would be surprising (but not entirely unheard of) for the Nividia Control Panel and Inspector combination, with the fps caps explicitly set on each, to not be reeling that one in. Some do find they eventually get better results in windowed mode though, and choose to utilize Windowed Borderless Gaming so it looks like full screen, mostly.

It's a pretty good card I would say. How would I enable that mode (borderless)?

Mad Poster
#11 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 11:17 PM