Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 9:33 PM
Default Moving sims from residential lot to another tens of times.
When my neighborhood is ready, I will have a little strange playing style. I want to play a game where all playable sims (around 90 of them) moves from one residential lot to another like constantly (tens of times during their lives). Moving will happen using a mod, for example using Inges teleport cat and "move in" -option.
My question is, will that be a problem and mess my game? Maybe corrupt it? Or will constant moving of sims to different lots and to different families mix up family trees or memories? For example Sim might move to another family and live there (as their guest) couple of days. The he moves to another residential lot and lives there five days, and then to another and so on... And all playable sims would do that. Do you consider that a problem?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 9:54 PM
In theory no, moving sims in and out of different families is safe and part of the game mechanics. But from a practical point of view, I would recommend to backup your game often, as if your game crashes or something goes wrong during the move process you may need to revert to the backup. This is something I would recommend for everyone to do anyway, if they value their games!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 12:37 AM
How would moving a sim many times destroy their data? I don't have your data and wonder how you drew your conclusion that the problem is with frequent moves rather than with any of the thousand other things happening in this complex game at the same time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 2:39 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 7th Jan 2021 at 2:51 AM.
I moved sims around in the hood by Sim Blender teleport and Move in options and nothing bad was happening, only thing that their needs get reset. So I used to move them around 6 a.m. making sure that sim what i wanted to move did not have any actions (just woke up and got out of bed). In this case they start with reset needs and full energy in the new place. Nothing gets lost and because they don't use any object at moment of move, all objects will be okay.
I played romance hood with only romance sims and 5 days for them was exactly enough to get bored from current partner, so i switched partners every season change.
Fun thing: all moved sims will leave examples of their clothes in wardrobe.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 6:30 AM
I've sometimes done it though evicting them to move them from apartments to their own house or from a boarding house to t real apartment and can see moving a teen or new adult kid from their home with the find own place even moving them to a new neighborhood if their town is big enough to have at least a shopping district and they're moving to the town center from the farming district.Moving to another neighborhood is only safe if it's to a shopping district,downtown or to the campus for high school though still within the same town as they were created in.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 7:43 AM
I cannot see any problem with moving sims in - used all the options myself although I actually prefer using the Ask - move in - from the game.

The only thing you should not do as far as moving is concerned is to move an occupied lot into the bin.

Backing up is a good idea under all circumstances.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 8:31 AM
Thanks everyone, good to know it is safe. I have spend now a year building my neighborhood and want to make sure that when I start to play it, nothing goes wrong. And like Simsample said, backups are good idea
Forum Resident
#8 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
I moved sims around in the hood by Sim Blender teleport and Move in options and nothing bad was happening, only thing that their needs get reset. So I used to move them around 6 a.m. making sure that sim what i wanted to move did not have any actions (just woke up and got out of bed). In this case they start with reset needs and full energy in the new place. Nothing gets lost and because they don't use any object at moment of move, all objects will be okay.
I played romance hood with only romance sims and 5 days for them was exactly enough to get bored from current partner, so i switched partners every season change.
Fun thing: all moved sims will leave examples of their clothes in wardrobe.

If any of the Sims have the Smart Milk learning bonus, that also gets lost when the Sim moves.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 2:23 PM
A little off topic question but could you share why the sims would be moving around so often? I'm just morbidly curious as to why someone would move tens of times, especially if there's 90 of them lol
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
If any of the Sims have the Smart Milk learning bonus, that also gets lost when the Sim moves.
You can fix that using the batbox debug mode make me smart.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....php?topic=72.0
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
A little off topic question but could you share why the sims would be moving around so often? I'm just morbidly curious as to why someone would move tens of times, especially if there's 90 of them lol

As you know ACR and romance sims does not work together, their ACR behavior and romance sim personality and wants are totally opposite, so I needed to move new possible conquest in with them and move out old one.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 8:49 PM
You don't have to move a sim in to romance them, and if anything, ACR seems most compatible with romance sims.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 8:53 PM
So you're avoiding use of community lots with this? Seems a bit extreme, but unlike other extreme behaviors it should be harmless.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You don't have to move a sim in to romance them, and if anything, ACR seems most compatible with romance sims.

You will be right if I can disable "The One" option.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
So you're avoiding use of community lots with this? Seems a bit extreme, but unlike other extreme behaviors it should be harmless.

I still need to build a community lot for them. My playstyle really is an extreme. I play my ideas, so some of the hoods does not live long time.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 10:00 PM
You can manually set The One to any sim who is currently on the lot, and as far as I can tell, The One doesn't actually affect much except for who is the target of the booty call anyway.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

Yes, that's right . The reason why I would do that is because I want to avoid community lots. I have written my own playing rules and random events. And there will be a lot of situations where sims from different households has to stay few nights in the forest, or in the ship, war area etc. There will be a servants that moves from house to house, jail, hospital and so on. I don't play vacation neighborhood, instead sims will spend vacation time in residential lots, where they move in and so on...All lots will be residential lots and all business is going to be home business. I admit, that maybe "moving tens of times" was a bit exaggerating, but anyway there will be a lot of moving around the map and between subhoods as well.
Scholar
#17 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 4:18 PM
I have had one isolated incidence of a move-in/move-out glitch: in Riverblossom Hills, Chloe and Patricia moved in with the O'Mackeys, and a few Simdays later Chloe moved out to marry Leod - but she also seemed to be stuck at the O'Mackeys' place. After moveobjects-deleting her a few times, she stopped showing as present on the lot during gameplay, but her icon remained in the 'family photo' and I could not get rid of it, even when other people moved in or out of the house. Neither the Batbox nor Hoodchecker could resolve it.

So it can happen, and obviously if you're moving people a lot more it has more opportunity to happen, but once in over a decade of playing is not really worth worrying about, especially as nobody else seems to have had a similar experience.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 6:25 PM
@BlueAlien -That's the kind of thing that can happen and is most likely to happen in one of the towns shipped with the game.I had something like that happen in Pleasantview just as it was starting to go down the drain.It's much less common if your town was an empty terrain to start with and you were the one adding the sims.It can also happen with find own place Mods allowing that with the full household.
Instructor
#19 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 3:59 AM
@BlueAlien - the "clear off" option on the sim teleporter really helps. I always use that before I save the lot that a sim has hust moved out of.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 6:40 AM
I used to not like travel to community lots that much in the old days before starting with things like first the time freezer clock to freeze my sims on arrival back home and later the community time project to fix community lot outings by making time pass while sims are out so they day only gets played once.I don't tend to have everybody move house that often though apartment residents who choose to stick with apartment living instead of owning a house will tend to move more frequiently because they have to move up to have more space while home owners on larger lots can build up and won't move as much.