Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#1451 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 7:05 PM
Behold

I have to get the hang of it again, I noticed how rusty I am.
Screenshots

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1452 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 8:14 PM
Oh. ^_^ Reminds me of my old dad's village. That was in 90's when I was young and village was under construction. Those village was poor and all neighbors were raised their houses made by themeselves mostly. There was also few house copies there made from one blueprint. This house with open veranda under sloped roof was DIY maserpiece and made by human desire of cozy. Owners were enclosed those veranda by windows then.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#1453 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 1:03 AM
Did you get a new PC?
Your TS2 skills aren't looking too shabby there
The house looks very "real" - I like that.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1454 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 7:36 AM
I was installed Sims 2 last weekend. Was pleased very much by its natural colours. Oh, and I forgot to say one thing. I like your houses too, Johnny ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Alchemist
#1455 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 5:27 PM
The nostalgia was immense when I fired up the game for the first time, last time I've played it was in 2009.

I'll see if I can make some homes worth uploading, it takes some getting used to the games' restricions, the missing CASt, the camera, and UI navigation since my (muscle) memory is wired to TS3.

I don't have a new pc yet, I'm using my laptop for now.

#1456 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 6:41 PM
I know that ts4 is running fluently on laptop. I tested myself and it does not fry processor as ts3 do. I am curious why did you install ts2? Why not ts4?

Alchemist
#1457 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I know that ts4 is running fluently on laptop. I tested myself and it does not fry processor as ts3 do. I am curious why did you install ts2? Why not ts4?

I only have the base game of TS4, and the first impression I had with it was rather... meh. It somehow feels incredibly empty and heartless, and it seems like it's lacking things even more then the TS2 and TS3 BG's. Like it went back to TS1 with even less things to start with, and the neighbourhoods look dull. I do like all the architectural elements added with EP's, but that's really not worth it to me to get them.

Maybe in 20 years we'll get a Sims 4 Ultimate Collection, then I'll give it a try, but for now I'm good with TS3 and TS2.

#1458 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 9:03 PM
I also has just base game. I like Sims 4 however. It has a lot of nice features. And i made few houses there. I was glad to play it but then uninstalled cause had there lack of joy. This game is much for entertainment rather then joy.

Mad Poster
#1459 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 10:13 PM
I'm obviously a huge TS2 fan. I've never played the others, but from what I've read, it seems TS2 has the best building environment - especially if you use a few CC pieces

Here's one I've been working on:

It is actually 5 levels in a side-side split plan. 4 bedrooms, garage, front and side roof/decks and a back porch/deck. It is grid-adjusted all over the place!
I have to clean up the pictures, but I'm hoping to have it ready for upload sometime next week...
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1460 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I'm obviously a huge TS2 fan. I've never played the others, but from what I've read, it seems TS2 has the best building environment - especially if you use a few CC pieces

Here's one I've been working on:

It is actually 5 levels in a side-side split plan. 4 bedrooms, garage, front and side roof/decks and a back porch/deck. It is grid-adjusted all over the place!
I have to clean up the pictures, but I'm hoping to have it ready for upload sometime next week...

Hmmm very interesting love tp see the floorplans

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1461 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 4:42 AM
LOL! :lovestruc Well... they're not cleaned up and presentable yet - but here's the rough floorplan pix:
This is the entry level - it's a standard 4-click height. The kitchen is straight back. Up half a level to the right is the living and dining rooms.

And down the center stairs (half a flight) to the basement levels. On the right side: two "kids" bedrooms and a TV lounge. Down more stairs to the left side - bathroom with sauna, games/family room, and library/study.

Then, all the way to the top - two more bedrooms. The Master Suite (mauve) and a smaller second suite (aqua), with a lounge area and access to the front deck/balcony. Going up the stairs to the right - is the rooftop side deck.

I like to use basic furniture and sparse decorations when I build houses for upload - so it's more of a suggestion. I'm a builder, not a decorator - I sincerely hope that the peeps who DL my houses CC-them-up real good once they are in their games
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1462 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 4:31 PM
It took me half of hour to relate what and where at your house, Cat

Mad Poster
#1463 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
It took me half of hour to relate what and where at your house, Cat

If you were a burglar, that would be a good thing! LOL .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#1464 Old 15th Oct 2020 at 6:24 PM
Lovely design, not that hard to navigate :p

#1465 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 12:56 AM
Very interesting design. bet it was a pain in the ass to get it the way you want

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1466 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 2:45 PM
LOL - yes. it. was.
But, I think I have a pretty good handle on how to use the grid-adjuster now .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1467 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 3:25 PM
Heres what i started about a week ago! Hopefully this house reminds you of halloween

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1468 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 4:26 AM
That is a huge house! Is that TS3 or 4?
It definitely has a spooky-vibe goin' on - I like the combo of different siding materials. That really adds visual interest.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1469 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
That is a huge house! Is that TS3 or 4?
It definitely has a spooky-vibe goin' on - I like the combo of different siding materials. That really adds visual interest.

Its TS3 and thanks! I really thought so too

Its one of my smaller houses and on a 40x40 lot!

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1470 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 5:09 PM
OK guys be honest how many Works in Progress do you guys have going ?

Me Too many to county hahaha

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1471 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
OK guys be honest how many Works in Progress do you guys have going ?

Me Too many to county hahaha

About 25-30, around a dozen of which are done, or close to done and only need testing, and around 5 of which will probably never get uploaded for various reasons. I recently uploaded pictures of many of them here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=9360
Mad Poster
#1472 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 4:30 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 19th Oct 2020 at 5:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
...how many Works in Progress do you guys have going ?

I've got 4 or 5 that are tested/packaged/photoed - the photos need processing (I hate that part!) then they are ready to upload.
I have another 3 or 4 still under construction.
And I have another... oh, maybe 8 or 9, that are planned out, but not actually started yet.

I've been dealing with a lot of computer issues lately, and that's really hampered my 'creative process' *sigh*

Today I'm really getting the urge to build - so I might just chuck everything else and load up my building game

ETA: Not only did I build; I got the pictures done for this one... YAY!
It is uploaded now: Caldwell

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1473 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 8:34 PM
Heey. I have a house made of congruent cubes here
I have zero WIPs now. I even has no ideas about what to build.

Mad Poster
#1474 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 11:31 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 20th Oct 2020 at 3:15 PM.
@Victor_tor WOW! That's not a house, it's a castle! I'm not familiar with TS4, was that tricky to build?
It looks amazing

ETA: If you're looking for something to do - why don't you jump over to TS2 and learn the Grid-Adjuster?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1475 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 1:17 AM
I updated my spooky mansion a little! added a 4 storey tower now
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88

Page 59 of 98