Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2020 at 11:17 PM
Default Architecture lovers unite!
I'm sure I'm not the first or last person to play The Sims in large part because of my love of all sorts of architecture, but I don't recall ever seeing a thread about it on MTS. Assuming my hypothesis is correct, there will be other people here who also have such a thing as a favourite building or architect. I was reading up on one of ours, Dutch boy and rectangle enthousiast Willem Dudok just now and figured his portfolio was possibly worth messing around with in-game. But before I get ahead of myself, let's talk about it!

What's your favourite architectural movement? Your favourite local building? Your favourite tropes of a certain era?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th May 2020 at 11:21 PM
I'd like to start off with mentioning the late, great Ieoh Ming Pei who did some really rather neat things with boxes in the 60s and triangles in the 80s.

Just the geometric sort of harmony of it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2020 at 11:24 PM
And while I'm sure you could argue there's no art to the '50s-'60s International style box, I beg to differ and raise you pretty much everything Mies van der Rohe had built during that period. We're unfortunate to have largely missed out on that here in urbanized Europe.

insert signature here