Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 6:18 PM
Default Get Windows 10 pop-up
At first I just ignored this until the decision was made if I wanted to update. I've had windows 8.1 for about two years and still haven't figured this one out. I downloaded UC with no problems. All the negative things I read about 10 just don't appeal to me. I was recently told that older games will not totally work on 10 and I'm not all that pc literate and have no help if I need it.

Now the problem is every 10 minutes this annoying thing pops up and there's no option to say no. Even using Task Manager doesn't stop it. Is there a way to just remove it? I don't want to go to the site and have to register just to tell them I'm not interested. Nothing much more annoying than pushy sales! (: Thanks

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 6:56 PM
Try uninstalling the relevant Windows Update through control panel. Should be KB 3035583, unless they re-released it.

Although, if you are getting malicious pop-ups, that may indicate malware and not be a legitimate Windows message. I'd recommend to scan your computer also.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 11:02 PM
My computer gets scanned freguently and it is the windows 10 update, just annoying. Thanks, I' look for that in control panel.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 11:19 PM
There is way to disable it completely, by editing the system registry. More information about that can be found here as well as a few other useful methods for getting rid of it.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 4:29 PM
Here's a list of the updates you should remove: http://techne.alaya.net/?p=12499

(Note that it's not my list. Use at your own risk.)