Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 7:12 AM
Default What Made Your Day Today?
Over at the old Sims Community Forums we had one of these threads. (Psst... we also have one in The Girls Club social group if anyone wants to join ) I'm not sure if it somehow got purged with the transition to MTS or if it's lost in the mass of threads but here's a brand new shiny thread for you Simmers.

I'll start:

Today I paid it forward at Wholes Food by offering to pay for the groceries of the gentleman behind me in line. My bestfriend just saw the film "Pay It Forward" last week and has been getting on my nerves about "paying it forward" to someone, I go "but no one paid it forward to me yet?" And she hands me one of her bitten fish sticks and goes "their, the act of sharing" The man didn't let me pay for his groceries however, as he said he couldn't let me do that, but he did let me put them in his car for him, and said it was such a kind gesture he would consider paying for someone elses groceries the next time around. So their, I paid it forward and the guy said he would pay it forward so my best friend can leave me alone!

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 8:09 AM
I actually had a really, really crappy day, but my friends made it better. Basically, I took on too heavy a course load this semester and, after taking the final today, I'm pretty sure I failed one of my classes. It's a class that they only offer in the fall, the prerequisites place it as a senior year class, the teacher is the worst teacher I've ever had, and it is required for me to graduate, which means that I'm going to have to postpone grad school to come back for that one class next fall. On top of that, my current lab PI told me that there wasn't a place for me in the lab rotations next semester and I was rejected a couple of days ago for another, admittedly competitive, internship I had applied for. So I'm looking at my college timeline being screwed up - not to mention a hefty drop in my GPA - and I'm in lab work limbo, as I have to wait for an email response from another professor I emailed to see if I can continue to do some kind of lab work next semester, which is absolutely critical for my desired career.

So I basically had a meltdown. I almost never cry, and I was really trying not to, but, when I got back to my room, I couldn't hold it in. I woke up my roommate and her boyfriend - two of my closest friends - and they were really comforting. They hugged me, reassured me, and made me laugh. We played Magic and then watched a movie together, and, while I'm still rightly concerned about how things are going to go, it doesn't feel like the end of the world anymore.
Scholar
#3 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 2:37 PM
This > http://youtu.be/jiDTufRNL10

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 1:22 AM
I kinda made my own day by making my familys day. My parents were napping so I decided to make dinner for every one I made pork shoulder steak and potatoes and my mother was happy she didn't have to cook and got to eat something other than raman noodles and my brother was so pleased with dinner too so that made my day.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 2:31 AM
I heard that Tiny Tim song again, and watched the P!nk video. Fun! :D

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 2:35 AM
Sadly, School holidays made my day

HoNk HoNk MiRiCaLs :o)
Forum Resident
#7 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 4:41 AM
well, this was a few days ago, but it was so awesome so i'm going to post it. (but it's kind of pathetic, to be honest) my crush complimented my hair
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 11:39 PM
DrownyFishy and Digital Sympathies made my day. I ran into someone I once knew. And...soon...within the next hour...I will see my sweet son again!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 6:07 PM
I passed a quiz. : )
Inventor
#10 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 6:14 PM
I officially applied for graduation. One more semester and I'll be a College Graduate (effin' about time).

"Goonies never say die."
Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 8:10 PM
Giga, what are you studying?

Inventor
#12 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 8:19 PM
I'm doubling in European History and Literature with a minor in Theater.

Don't ask what I want to do with that career-wise, because I have no friggin' clue.

"Goonies never say die."
Banned
#13 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 5:46 AM
I was watch aepisode of family guy when peter gets mad at this amnish guy for not letting peters daughter date his son. Then they talk about it and stuff and become friends...for a minute
Then...

Peter: hey you amnish people listen to music?

Amnish guy: we dont belive in such stuff

Peter: well introducing.... Rock and roll!

*peter starts playing highway to hell by AC/DC on boombox*

peter: highway to hell! High way to hell! High way to he-

*amnish guy turns off boombox*

amnish guy: you are banished from our community at once! And bring your hoer dauther with you!

I laughted for 20 minutes strait
Scholar
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:56 PM
Birthday! WOO.

Betcha can't guess the year.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Mad Poster
#15 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pare321
Birthday! WOO.

Betcha can't guess the year.

Of you? 17. Or 24, or 27.

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
I'm doubling in European History and Literature with a minor in Theater.

Don't ask what I want to do with that career-wise, because I have no friggin' clue.
My guess is that you probably won't use it in a career, but...writing or analytical skills? Research skills? Presentation (of ideas) skills? You could use those, of course! It's all in how you market yourself. And who knows: if you are lucky you will find a job that gives you some satisfaction and allows you to pursue or revel in some of your passions.

Scholar
#17 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 7:26 AM
It took 56 minutes for my freind to open his house warming gift from me. Only took me a minute to wrap. <3

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Banned
#18 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dordracio
I was watch aepisode of family guy when peter gets mad at this amnish guy for not letting peters daughter date his son. Then they talk about it and stuff and become friends...for a minute
Then...

Peter: hey you amnish people listen to music?

Amnish guy: we dont belive in such stuff

Peter: well introducing.... Rock and roll!

*peter starts playing highway to hell by AC/DC on boombox*

peter: highway to hell! High way to hell! High way to he-

*amnish guy turns off boombox*

amnish guy: you are banished from our community at once! And bring your hoer dauther with you!

I laughted for 20 minutes strait
I'm sorry. I've been wanting to say this since I first saw you on MTS. Your spelling is ATROCIOUS. G'day.

On a happier note...

My dog slid down the hallway and bonked his nose. Brought me joy. Lots and lots of joy. (He is an ASS.)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 5M0K3
My dog slid down the hallway and bonked his nose. Brought me joy. Lots and lots of joy. (He is an ASS.)

Ha, 5M0KE is funny.
(Adds to Friend list.) Day made 2.

Scholar
#20 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 5:49 PM
I checked my grades, and I didn't fail! I don't know how, but I ended up with a C when I felt certain I was going to get an F, or at best a D. I don't have to postpone grad school!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 8:31 PM
I have changed my glasses which provided me a good view of around ,i was like blind for a time.Besides that yesterday this video made me laugh so much that i am still smiling today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFIa9lTrJng

Today that did:

http://www.funswitcher.com/
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Dec 2011 at 9:25 PM
It's Christmas Ever! And my early Christmas present was Lady Gaga's Born This Way cd! Can't wait till Christmas, my aunt is making a fudge cake, yum!

♂ + ♂ = ♥ - ♀ + ♀ = ♥ - ♀ + ♂ = ♥
I am a rebel, I don't deny it, but I'm the good kind, the good rebel!
Alchemist
#23 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simrae92to7
It's Christmas Ever! And my early Christmas present was Lady Gaga's Born This Way cd!

Paws up!

First, it's Christmas, so merry Christmas or happy Hannukkah, MTS! Second, I got an awesome new laptop from my parents, which is also cool. Not cool, epic. Fucking amazing.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Mad Poster
#24 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 1:52 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 27th Dec 2011 at 12:21 AM.
Snow! <------ That was yesterday.

Today ------ > Watching my boyfriend play Sims 3. It was something he never intended to do, but he's setting up his new computer and wanted to install The Sims 3 for his children. This is a man who usually operates on one side of the brain only and whose idea of a good computer game is Soduko or cards. I told him he had to play a little after each installation. He made a blue Sim and was totally random on her traits and tastes. It was hysterical to listen to him be so concerned about fulfilling her needs and wants. He kept me updated with a blow by blow play of everything she needed as I made lunch and did dishes. I wish I had a movie camera. His kids would be impressed.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Dec 2011 at 8:50 PM Last edited by Dreamydre : 29th Dec 2011 at 9:10 PM.
I was sick on Christmas, but it still didn't stop me from having a great time! Happy Holidays!! xoxo

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Snow!

I am such a big kid when it comes to snow, one of the downsides of living in California sadly.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Locked thread | Locked by: Don Babilon Reason: No flaming, no mudtracking!
Page 1 of 118