Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 8:05 PM
Default Was this site Hacked, or is it a bad banner?
The issue happens when I'm not logged into my account and access Sims 4 Downloads for the first time. There is a large transparent banner that overlaps the clickable buttons for Build Mode, Game Mods, Buy Mode, etc. When I click on them I'm redirected to an offline site that Norton immediately closes due to harmful content. I haven't been able to repeat the situation since logging into my account.

Not sure if this sequence helps, but ...
- Open Browser when not logged in
- Go to MTS Sims 4 Downloads page
- Click any of the buttons
- Sent to a harmful site
- Close that pop-up
- Browse downloads as normal.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 3:56 AM
Weird. I'm not getting this, but you are not the first person reporting something similar in the past couple of months. Are you able to repeat the problem?

Can you give us the address of the page that first presents the issue?

Also try posting your findings in: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=24

I highly recommend you install a Malwarebytes from www.malwarebytes.org and run a scan.

There are a few ways malware, hackers, and even your own Internet Service Provider can inject ads into your internet traffic.