Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 9:55 AM
Default DSUB Issue With Flatron Monitor when running Sims 4
Hi all

I have a LG Flatron W2753VC Monitor that I use for both my main computer and my back up computer.
The monitor, mouse and keyboard are linked to both computers via a toggle device. All are working well.

I have installed Sims 4 on both computers. The game starts and runs well on the main computer with no screen problems.

I did have the game running and showing well, on the backup computer, using the same monitor, mouse, keyboard and toggle device, but had to have the computer reformatted due to a computer starting issue

This issue is only with the new installation of the Sims 4. When I start Sims 4 on the back up computer, a black screen shows with a small window stating the following - DSUB OUT OF RANGE 75.0khz / 60 hz

I have tried several different screen resolutions but I still can not see the game.

When I open the Start Task Manager it states that the game is running,

Does any one know what I need to do to get the problem solved?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 10:10 AM
You are using a KVM switch? Is the Sims 4 running fullscreen? If so, try running in windowed mode instead.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:59 PM Last edited by tomboy : 30th Nov 2015 at 5:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You are using a KVM switch? Is the Sims 4 running fullscreen? If so, try running in windowed mode instead.

Yes, it is running full screen but how do I change any settings when I can not get access to the game to do so.

What I do not understand is, the game and the monitor were compatible prior to the reformat. So I need to know what has happened to change that.

EDIT - Found out how to start in window mode and can now play the game. Thankyou for the help
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomboy
EDIT - Found out how to start in window mode and can now play the game. Thankyou for the help

Ooh, good! Well done.