Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 5:44 PM
Default Graphics Card upgrade
Hello, I have a question.. Should I upgrade my graphics card to 750 ti or 760?
I built the PC myself back in October.. I felt like I should upgrade for more performance boost. I had Radeon Pro to keep my fps locked because it went over 100 fps then when I locked it to 60 it stays between 10-25. I switched back to CCC, it's the same thing with V-sync on. I play in 1920x1080. no matter what resolution, it's the same thing. I went over to TS3 Forums, they felt like I shouldn't upgrade so soon
I have 1GB 7770 Ghz Gigabyte graphics card. My specs are:
FX-8320
8GB Ram
1TB Harddrive
500w Corsair CX Power Supply

I want to upgrade for sims 3 for clearer graphics and performance boost.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 4:10 AM
So if I understand correctly you have a 7770 which runs The Sims 3 at 100 fps normally. You're using a FPS limiter, but when you use the limiter your FPS drops to 10-25? Is that right?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
So if I understand correctly you have a 7770 which runs The Sims 3 at 100 fps normally. You're using a FPS limiter, but when you use the limiter your FPS drops to 10-25? Is that right?

Yes, it drops to 10-25 fps. I don't use FPS limiter anymore with the RadeonPro, I uninstalled the program. Used V-sync, the game reset the resolutiona and graphics, I reset to high with 1920x1080 with everything except high detail lots to 2 which makes my fps lower if its high.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 3:59 AM
So is everything okay now with high detail lots set to 2?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 4:30 AM
It's still 10-25fps no matter what.. :/
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 4:46 AM
If you turn off V-Sync does it go back to 100?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 8:26 AM
Frame drop in sims 3 is very normal thing especially when CPU is bottlenecked like play big mansion in 64x64 lot.
7770 can play sims 3 at max in Full HD resolution , don't waste money to upgrade except you play more demanding games.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 6:20 AM
Ajaxsirius, no I haven't check that but I don't want to fry my card just for smooth fps if its going to go over 100.

enterprise24, I don't really play other games, but I keep feeling the need to upgrade because my graphics are bit blurry up close and i don't use HQ Mod but if it's not worth the upgrade, I won't upgrade then.
Scholar
#9 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 9:32 AM
simplybrea install GPU-Z, found here: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/. The latest version when I checked was v0.7.7

It's a program that gives you information on your graphics card, including temperature. Once it's installed, run the program and switch to the "Sensors" tab located at the top of the window. You'll see a bunch of meters, and an option to "Log to file" at the bottom. Check the box and a new window will open asking you where to save the log file. Choose somewhere easy to find, like your desktop, and then click Save. Then turn off V-Sync and go play The Sims 3 normally for about 45min - 1hr. Post the log file here when you're done.

If at any time you get a warning about temperature (be sure to read the description of the warning) then stop and post the log file here.