Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 2:58 AM
Default New Milkshape Mesh won't transfer to TSRW or CAS unitool
I'm new to creating for Sims 3 (kind of late in the game, I know), and I've figured out how to convert a mesh for teens in Milkshape thanks to Anubis360's tutorial, and I've even got the morph states created, but now I'm stuck. Whenever I try to import my mesh into TSR Workshop, the model goes invisible and my mesh won't show up and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've also tried importing my mesh into the CAS unitool, and I can't figure that out either. If someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, or point me towards a good tutorial on how to do this, I would really appreciate it!!!
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 3:20 AM
Are you using the latest version of TSRW from the website? If you are, it's not optimized for Sims 3--you need version 2.0.88 (or earlier).

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 10:34 AM
The version on my tumblr is a version higher, but that one was the first ever released ts4 and ts3, but, you already guessed it probably, it didn't work with the sims 4. Right now it's the oppisite problem. I'm one of these people who have contacted TSRW months ago, telling me that they can't locate the problem (even though I told them it's the plugins who are made for both the sims 4 and the sims 3 which is a big mistake to even do.)\

But if you want to try it out, here is the link. I still use it everyday. If you're creating walls or floors, you probably need to use @spladoum's suggested TSRW version.

http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172

If the version of TSRW is not the case, maybe it's the way your mesh is. Make sure you haven't flipped the mesh inside out, but if that was the case, Milkshape wouldn't have given you a visible mesh.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 8:11 PM
Thank you both!!! <3 I tried Greenplumbob's version of TSRW and my mesh shows up now.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 10:31 AM