Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1585
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 43 (Who?), Viewed: 2202 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Sep 2020, 8:21 PM DefaultWhat's for dinner? #1
Noa1500
Original Poster

Scholar

Basically its "what you got cookin' 2.0" cos the original got zapped a few days ago. It doesn't have to be dinner, you don't have to have made any of the food, but its about our favourite time of the day because we get to do our favourite thing: enjoy some delicious munchable things (liquids are acceptable too)

Also what's the Cheese category? Can I put this under Cheese cos that would be really appropriate? It's going under Cheese I'm not changing my mind unless tpb say so.

I haven't had dinner yet, but I've had lunch (which I didn't make) and it was totally delicious I had a chicken pita gyros: hummus spread on the pita, with white cabbage and carrots sliced really thin (grated?), lovely pile of shredded chicken, pickels, and homemade fries. Its the first time I've ever had one cos I just never got round to eating one. Why didn't I eat this sooner?
Old 12th Sep 2020, 8:41 PM #2
Smyrrna
Lab Assistant

That sounds delicious! Though given my vegetarian nature I would prefer falafel or something like that instead of the chicken.

As I had zero sleep (really, not kidding, I mean that) last night and only 45 minutes this noon and the kids were going crazy this evening we opted for delivery pizza and asked our neighbours to give us a recommendation for a good delivery service. I had a ruccola e grana pizza and it was so good! I wolfed it down though in the silent 15 minutes before the teething baby was calling my name again
Old 12th Sep 2020, 11:02 PM #3
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

We're having spaghetti.┬* We've been busy all afternoon doing yard work. I don't have the energy to make anything exciting.
Old 14th Sep 2020, 4:32 AM #4
AverageMcPosterman
Test Subject

Some of that microwaveable minute pasta....but instead of using a reasonable sauce, orange sauce.

BEEP BOOP FELLOW HUMANS
Old 14th Sep 2020, 4:34 PM #5
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

I had some chicken nuggets. I haven't been eating much due to my metformin dosage. Still, it was the first decent bit of solid food I had in the past couple of days.

Definitely would like a word with Dr. VB in endocrinology.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Old 14th Sep 2020, 5:11 PM #6
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Omelette.
So. tired. of. omelette.

But chocolate cake for later (already ate some, kind of for breakfast... and ended up reorganizing my closet I guess that's what happens if you give me enough sugar for breakfast . I guess it's best to power down with some actual proper fuel...)
Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Sep 2020 at 6:48 PM.
Old 19th Sep 2020, 4:06 PM #7
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Guys in the house are going to have Sweet Teryaki chicken wings with brown rice.┬* The chicken was supposed to be a freezer meal, but since I don't have any ideas of what to feed everybody tonight, this is what they're having.

Since I can't have chicken, I've got shredded beef in the pressure cooker with some beef broth. I'll have that with brown rice and veggies.
Old 20th Sep 2020, 4:59 PM #8
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

I have 2 steaks thawing in the fridge. One is for dinner tonight which is going to be steak and sweet potato fries, the other is going to be cut up and added to a stir fry freezer meal.
Old 26th Sep 2020, 1:41 PM #9
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Loaded potato soup.┬* For dessert which is something I don't usually make; blueberry muffins.┬*┬* This sounds gross mixed together, but I got some jumbo muffin tins that are waiting to be put to use.
Old 28th Sep 2020, 3:46 AM #10
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Mac and cheese. Shared some with my mother.

Old 28th Sep 2020, 6:06 PM #11
Noa1500
Original Poster

Scholar

Lentil soup. Fact: the Turkish one will always be superior.
Old 28th Sep 2020, 6:46 PM #12
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Tailgate Chili

This is different from what I usually make.┬* There is something in the pre-made, store bought salsa that doesn't agree with me. This new recipe requires canned whole tomatoes instead. I also beef'd up the veggies as they were lacking.
Old 29th Sep 2020, 4:37 AM #13
HarVee
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Piz of the za.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Old 1st Oct 2020, 9:52 AM #14
palmahoule
Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa1500
png to ico Basically its "what you got cookin' 2.0" cos the original got zapped a few days ago. It doesn't have to be dinner, you don't have to have made any of the food, but its about our favourite time of the day because we get to do our favourite thing: enjoy some delicious munchable things (liquids are acceptable too)

Also what's the Cheese category? Can I put this under Cheese cos that would be really appropriate? It's going under Cheese I'm not changing my mind unless tpb say so.

I haven't had dinner yet, but I've had lunch (which I didn't make) and it was totally delicious I had a chicken pita gyros: hummus spread on the pita, with white cabbage and carrots sliced really thin (grated?), lovely pile of shredded chicken, pickels, and homemade fries. Its the first time I've ever had one cos I just never got round to eating one. Why didn't I eat this sooner?

Turkey burgers, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, sparkling mineral water and fresh blueberries.
Old 4th Oct 2020, 7:35 AM #15
BlackjackGabbiani
Inventor

Had some curry. The paste my dad used was made with shrimp which I can't stand but I couldn't taste it. I think he had added enough coconut milk and veggies to mask the taste.

Sadly I had to use rice with it which I know sounds great, but I'm diabetic and this limits the amount of rice I can have. The riced cauliflower went bad in the fridge even though it was only thawed for two days and this always happens when it comes in certain bags and it's really weird because everything else in them stays good. Ugh.
Old 4th Oct 2020, 10:42 PM #16
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese┬* ( It is a chili base with pasta instead of beans with cheddar cheese), and I made bread to go with it.┬*┬*

The applesauce I made in Vitamix is mine, all mine.
Old 7th Oct 2020, 11:35 PM #17
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Pi├▒a Colada flavored Shave Ice.

Did not have enough time tonight and the stove was commandeered tonight for chicken soup, because my mother caught my sick.

Old 7th Oct 2020, 11:57 PM #18
Bigsimsfan12
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

We had burgers. Ran out of ketchup though so they were pretty dry. Eugh.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 8th Oct 2020, 6:11 AM #19
Emmett Brown
Top Secret Researcher

Leftover tacos. I don't mean tacos that are left over, I mean leftovers stuffed into a taco shell, add hot sauce and microwave.

Sims are better than us.
Old 8th Oct 2020, 9:45 PM #20
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Dudes are having spaghetti made in the Instant Pot.┬* I'm stuffing my face with roasted veggies even though it is only going on 4:00 PM.┬* The gradual loss of daylight is messing with my internal clock.
Old 10th Oct 2020, 2:16 AM #21
Emmett Brown
Top Secret Researcher

Tuna fish on stale bread, cuz someone took my bread out of the freezer way too early.
Humm. Maybe not! I just had an idea! Tuna tacos!

Sims are better than us.
Old 10th Oct 2020, 3:26 AM #22
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Israeli couscous.

Old 10th Oct 2020, 10:32 PM #23
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Beef stew with bread to 'dunk' with.

I had a few apples I didn't know what to do with, so I made apple muffins for dessert, breakfast...whatever.
Old 12th Oct 2020, 3:02 PM #24
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Roasted Vegetable Baked Penne

It sounds fancier than what it really is. ┬*┬* Roasted veggies, pasta, a simple sauce and cheese.
Old 13th Oct 2020, 5:39 AM #25
PANDAQUEEN
Mad Poster

Udon in watered down bonito concentrate.

The soup mix powder is awful tasting. I buy concentrate of a special bonito broth. Tastes a helluva lot better than the powder it comes with.

Section jump: