Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 3:29 AM
Default 45 degree split level problem
As I stated in the "perfectly petite" thread.....I have a problem building a split level that has 45 degree walls.......I cant keep the 45 degree walls from being all jagged......any thoughts?
TIA ! ! ! ! !

I'm ALWAYS sincere....even when I dont mean it !
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 6:11 AM
Are your split levels made from the OFB stage foundation tool? Ore are they made another way?
Post a pic here so we can all see what exactly you mean
Also, whan you are viewing your home, and these 'jagged walls', are you viewing with the walls up or down?
Sometimes when I build split levels with the OFB stage thingy, and I place a wall near that, I cant actually see the wall properly till I put the walls up!
Hope this helps a bit

fev

On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 11:58 AM
That triangle thing is a problem I see all the time in my constructions. After you have adjusted the wall height, go back and delete the diagonal wall with the triangle thing on the top, and then put the wall back in. Viola -- its level again. (If it isn't -- look carefully, it is probably the wall below that is pointy and needs this treatment.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 12:12 PM
Yea....I've tried replacing the walls on the 1st and 2nd level.......I can replace the upper wall and that fixes the "triagle" affect but leaves the wall warped still.....If I replace the lower wall it causes the wall heighth to reset and leaves me to start leveling process all over which results in the "triangle" affect again.....I am using Jonesi's tutorial for split levels... I have Ofb and I'm using the standard foundation. Here is a test building that I'm using to figure this out with. The wall that has only one "triagle sticking up is as close as I can seem to get it.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 12:20 PM
Replacing the top wall only, gets me this effect.......

Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 1:05 PM
May just ignore that and save the lot and/or reload the lot...
It looks only the graphical glitch to me so far.

The graphics will be fixed after a lot reload if that's the case.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 1:41 PM
Ah HA ! ! ! ! re-loading seems to have gotten it so far..... my floor plan is MUCH more complexed than my test lot, so I'll try the floor plan that I'm using and see if the same holds true.....THANX SO MUCH.....you peeps is GREAT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 4:08 AM
I have a quick and easy solution to your jagged wall thingy!!!!
Jusr go to the top level......choose any floor tile........then place the floortile near the jagged wall (on the inside of wall).....may need to place a couple of floortiles near the wall. This is assuming you still have the cheat activated (boolprop constrainfloorelevation FALSE), if not activate this cheat first before doing what I said above. After you have done this, deactivate the cheat!!!!
Then remove the floor tiles by Ctrl and shift!!!

Always works for me

fev

On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 4:21 PM
Yep.....that got it....way better than re-loading it......THANX!!!

Scholar
#10 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 8:54 PM
You could also try deleting the "foundation wall" and then the top wall, then clicking undo twice - always works for me

Can also place floortiles over the pointed square - the point will poke through the floortile, then delete the wall, then click undo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 11:45 PM
Yea....I found the "double un-do" thing worked also.....thanx so much.....it was weird cause I'm not actually building a "split level" but rather a house with a couple of sunken rooms.....works the same though.

Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies