Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 2:46 PM Last edited by lizcandor : 30th Aug 2020 at 7:33 PM.
Default How do you test if a commodity kind is working?
I've made commodity kinds and associated motives for my custom traits and had to inject them kind of weirdly (they need to be added before any traits referring to them are, so I can't just put them in the traits list for traits created with Arsil's mod or everything breaks), and from my debugging messages it seems like that worked but I'm not sure how to verify that effectively. Any suggestions on setting up a test for this? I'm thinking I could get a bunch of nearly-identical sims and put them in identical rooms all over a lot on Builder's Island, and just log how often each sim in each testing cubicle does the interactions, but if I've tuned my interactions well enough for them to not be intrusive that might be pretty slow.

[Edit] Actually, I just did a new test and it looks like my addition of custom commodity kinds is failing after all - have to do some more testing on that.

[Edit 2] Solved the previous problem; I was getting the InteractionTuning objects for interactions incorrectly and then getting a null object found exception when I tried to edit their InteractionTuning.mTradeoffs.mOutputs entries. Example of the correct way to get an already existing InteractionTuning object for editing, learned from the SimsMX Hypochondriasis mod:

Code:
			InteractionTuning itun = null;
                        foreach (InteractionTuning value in InteractionTuning.sAllTunings.Values)
			{
				if (value.FullInteractionName == "lizcandor.Polyamory.Interactions." + data.Key + "+Definition" && value.FullObjectName == "Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim")
				{
					itun = value;
					break;
				}
			}