Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 10:08 AM
Default Making Custom Afterschool Activity
I followed mssyhissy tutorial, but for some reason the name of the afterschool activity doesn't show up in game what did I do wrong?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 5:21 AM
Hello RainbowGirl246! @MissyHissy is very supportive of new content creators and knowing her, I'm sure she'd be happy to help you with your creation challenges. I highly recommend you post your file here on her forum so she can look into potential coding errors.
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RainbowGirl246
I followed mssyhissy tutorial, but for some reason the name of the afterschool activity doesn't show up in game what did I do wrong?

Thanks for the tag, @MissPatTS3

Rainbowgirl, did you go through the stage with the UntranslatedKey mod installed? To get the numbers? That part can be a little tricky.
Also, have you got the correct language string file, and numbers to go with it? Feel free to share your file either here, or on my discord or forum. Always happy to help!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 10:55 AM
I've discovered my problem, when I was doing the English strings I add the 00 to the instance but it isn't changing and I don't know why

I made two afterschool activities but I didn't do last step on the Horseback Riding activity because I wasn't sure if it would mess it up, but I did all the steps on the Karate activity before I figured out what was wrong so I don't know if it's messed up or not.

Thanks missyhissy for your help.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Karate Activity.rar (3.8 KB, 3 downloads)
File Type: rar  Horseback Riding Activity.rar (3.9 KB, 4 downloads)
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 12:01 PM
I've discovered my problem, when I was doing the English strings I add the 00 to the instance but it isn't changing and I don't know why

I made two afterschool activities but I didn't do last step on the Horseback Riding activity because I wasn't sure if it would mess it up, but I did all the steps on the Karate activity before I figured out what was wrong so I don't know if it's messed up or not.

Thanks missyhissy for your help.

With the Karate, double click the English strings again and press the FNV64 again. Change the numbers then hit okay - it should change and the change should stick. If it doesn't, redo the English strings. Other than that, it looks good to go!

Same for your Horseback Riding. After that, I see no reason why you'd have a problem but keep me posted - I don't know whether the game will respond to the space between 'Horseback' and 'Riding' in the code.
Looking great though!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 5:46 PM
Oooooh I can't wait for these to be done!!! I want both the karate and the horseback riding!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 8:57 AM
Ok so I got the Horseback Riding activity to work but the Karate activity is blank when I click on the school but after my sim joins the activity its showing up as afterschool activity, any idea why that is?
Scholar
#8 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 7:52 AM
Ok so I got the Horseback Riding activity to work but the Karate activity is blank when I click on the school but after my sim joins the activity its showing up as afterschool activity, any idea why that is?

Check your language strings. You may have forgotten to change the numbers to fit your language