Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Food Interactions (Update 19th March 2024)

by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2024 at 11:11 AM by TheFoodGroup : New Resources

1033 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 821 Feedback Posts, 211 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 34 of 42
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#826 Old 12th May 2020 at 6:24 AM
Love the update.
Test Subject
#827 Old 12th May 2020 at 11:22 AM Last edited by regulus-blakc : 12th May 2020 at 5:57 PM.
The custom foods menu isn't showing up. The option appears on the fridge but when I click it nothing happens. The food recipes show up under "Have Dinner" and I can cook them, the menu just doesn't work. The drinks work fine so I don't know what it is. Both files are directly in the mods folder and script mods are turned on in settings, I've tried removing all other mods and it still doesn't work
Icy Spicy
#828 Old 13th May 2020 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by regulus-blakc
The custom foods menu isn't showing up. The option appears on the fridge but when I click it nothing happens. The food recipes show up under "Have Dinner" and I can cook them, the menu just doesn't work. The drinks work fine so I don't know what it is. Both files are directly in the mods folder and script mods are turned on in settings, I've tried removing all other mods and it still doesn't work

The reason for these issues as reported by a few people have been -

- Outdated xml injector
- The Jambalaya file which
- Outdated Graycurse's fridge overhaul mod
Test Subject
#829 Old 14th May 2020 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
The reason for these issues as reported by a few people have been -

- Outdated xml injector
- The Jambalaya file which
- Outdated Graycurse's fridge overhaul mod

It was the jambalaya file! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#830 Old 29th May 2020 at 1:14 AM
I think all of the food is great but I want to make a burger restaurant and can’t because nobody makes different kinds of burgers lol No bacon burger? Double patty burger? Veggie burger? Bison, ostrich, tuna? Heck I would take chicken sandwiches too. Just odd there’s no variety of burgers.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#831 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 8:56 PM
Is it normal that I have custom foods menus everywhere I click? on windows, on objects?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Top Secret Researcher
#832 Old 4th Jun 2020 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
Is it normal that I have custom foods menus everywhere I click? on windows, on objects?

I would think that is not normal...maybe it broke for the recent patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#833 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 11:29 AM
Does this still work since the newest update? Haven't updated the game yet.
Icy Spicy
#834 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UglyChris98
Does this still work since the newest update? Haven't updated the game yet.

Yep. It works
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#835 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 8:04 PM
I do not have menu for making gourmet meals on fridges and stoves also

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Icy Spicy
#836 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
I do not have menu for making gourmet meals on fridges and stoves also

Hmm...can you check whether you have any older version of the mod hiding in your folders somewhere ?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#837 Old 15th Jun 2020 at 4:23 AM
Thank you for updating!
Test Subject
#838 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 11:34 AM Last edited by biancaxx : 16th Jun 2020 at 2:52 PM.
hi, i really need help. so, i have your mods exactly only in one folder (yes the BOTH files package and script are there), no double folder inside or anything (and yes it's in the mods folder), the script mod is allowed, also i don't use Srsly mod bcs it conflicts with your latest update (it makes ALL the interactions with my fridges and stoves not available (the original pies menu showed up, but when i clicked, there's nothing happened), when i open the custom food pies menu, there's no custom meal pies menu and i wonder why? since i have the custom foods recipes downloaded but it won't show, it only shows custom snack, custom snack for toddlers, and custom snacks for vampire. and the custom menu pies wont even shows up at stove. and no, i dont have jambalaya files nor use the xml injector.
Test Subject
#839 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 3:14 PM
is leniad's crafting enabler compatible?
Test Subject
#840 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 7:39 AM
i wonder why the mods clashing with the mod itself and created an error in the tuning
Screenshots
Test Subject
#841 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 10:39 PM Last edited by dogoreyals : 21st Jun 2020 at 1:06 PM.
Default Missing Custom Food Selection
Hi,

I'm in a bit of trouble, I have the Custom Food Interaction working just fine, but somehow some selections are missing, crosschecking from the screenshots here, I've noticed that I don't have the "bake custom" "cook custom meal" etc, What I only have every time I check on the fridge are the following "vampire friendly, toddler food & custom snack"

Edible Junk foods are actually working just fine.

I cross checked my Custom Content and it seems that some of the CC are active, ex: "Rice Pudding, Crab legs, etc"
all the script and food packages are already in the main folder, still Custom Food is nowhere to be found.

one more thing, how come Crab legs appeared under the Toddler Food Selection and why is it that High Chair is required, like it's part of the recipe?

Right now I have, Crab Legs, Lasagna, Peach Pie, Rice Pudding, Stu Surprise and Stuffed Pepper.

I accidentally found all of it under build mode, but not under any category like "Kid's, Television, etc."

sorry, I'm a bit new to this modding...

can you help me please? thank you!
Test Subject
#842 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by biancaxx
i wonder why the mods clashing with the mod itself and created an error in the tuning

I am getting this same tuning error since the last update of this mod. Was not getting it prior to the June 10th upload
Test Subject
#843 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 7:45 PM
I am having some issues with custom food interactions. It worked just fine before the June 10th update. I've tried the update from June 10th and July 4th and am having the same problem. I don't have a jambalaya file or the xml injector. No other mods that would conflict with the fridge/stove. I can only get vampire food and toddler food to show up, no cook custom, cook custom gourmet, or bake custom. My sims have high enough skill. I've tried it with and without using MCCC in a new mod folder and a new fresh save and it still doesn't work. I've tried using the file from MTS and simfileshare. Sometimes the open option on the fridge will disappear, but sometimes it stays on the pie menu. By just having custom food interactions installed with no other mods or cc installed, I did get LE's. I'm not sure what else I can try but it is not working for me ever since before the June 10th update. It worked perfectly fine before that. I have tried everything under troubleshooting but nothing helps.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastException_63729655939.txt (20.7 KB, 97 downloads)
File Type: txt  lastException_63729656355.txt (60.3 KB, 15 downloads)
File Type: txt  lastException.txt (76.7 KB, 37 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#844 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 2:01 AM
I really am not good with the last exception thing and don't understand how it works so sorry if I don't make any sense. I noticed suddenly that I could not make any gourmet custom food (option was there, just no recipes showed up). I updated to yesterday's version, same problem. The only thing different was that I had just added the Nectar Maker. I removed the Nectar Maker and suddenly, the custom food was fixed. Either way, thanks for a great mod! I just love it!
Test Subject
#845 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 6:57 AM Last edited by laserhamster : 8th Jul 2020 at 2:32 AM.
Default Basegame and DLC Recipes
Hello! A lot of the time I'm mainly building in sims and sometimes I actually play the game. I've had quite a few mods and I've used this one before, though today I was looking more into this and never realized how many harvestables you've made. I downloaded pretty much all of them and recipes for them. I've deleted my old files for custom foods/drinks and have the new ones. I have the script one folder deep for a customfoods folder and another folder for the harvestables and one other seperate folder for all the recipes.

I'm having an issue where the basegame and expansion packs/stuff packs recipes are not showing up in-game. If I click on a fridge and go to "cook..." it shows nothing, even with unchecking use ingredients. I've cheated my skills to 10 and nothing too. As soon as I remove the folders for the custom foods things, it's fine and everything shows up. With the custom food mod in, I do see all the added recipes, though I actually haven't tested to see if I can make them, it's just good to know they show up for now. I've been doing trial and error with my mods folder for a few hrs now and I can't figure out the issue. I'm also having a LE problem with the mods folder completely gone. Found out it's a Seasons issue for making my own calendar events/holidays. But that's a whole nother thing.

Any help would be fantastic because having these harvestables and recipes really livens up the gameplay especially when I love cooking in real life and having more variety in-game. Thank you so much for this mod and thank you in advance if you can offer any suggestions from anyone that may read this

Edit: I figured out my issue. It's srsly's cooking mod. It's causing my issue and I assume it's because this mod was just updated 7/4 and srsly's hasn't updated and says it was working since 6/10 Sims 4 patch. So I'm guessing unless I'm doing something wrong, that I shouldn't use the srsly mod until it's been updated.
Test Subject
#846 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 4:32 PM
Hello,
So ive got the latest version of the custom food, i have 5 of your recipes and they dont show up in the custom food menu/option/section, theres only 3 options in the custom food, todler food,vampire food and snack food, for todler food, the recipes show up but in 1 piecies not as a whole, i dont know what i did wrong but ive tried everything and nothing seems to work, ive used 7zip and ive got the recipes as .pacakge, i know that youre busy but please help me out since im dying to use the custom food option and use your recipes :0 thank you
Icy Spicy
#847 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alanis
Hello,
So ive got the latest version of the custom food, i have 5 of your recipes and they dont show up in the custom food menu/option/section, theres only 3 options in the custom food, todler food,vampire food and snack food, for todler food, the recipes show up but in 1 piecies not as a whole, i dont know what i did wrong but ive tried everything and nothing seems to work, ive used 7zip and ive got the recipes as .pacakge, i know that youre busy but please help me out since im dying to use the custom food option and use your recipes :0 thank you

Can you redownload the latest version ?
Icy Spicy
#848 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rehall
I am having some issues with custom food interactions. It worked just fine before the June 10th update. I've tried the update from June 10th and July 4th and am having the same problem. I don't have a jambalaya file or the xml injector. No other mods that would conflict with the fridge/stove. I can only get vampire food and toddler food to show up, no cook custom, cook custom gourmet, or bake custom. My sims have high enough skill. I've tried it with and without using MCCC in a new mod folder and a new fresh save and it still doesn't work. I've tried using the file from MTS and simfileshare. Sometimes the open option on the fridge will disappear, but sometimes it stays on the pie menu. By just having custom food interactions installed with no other mods or cc installed, I did get LE's. I'm not sure what else I can try but it is not working for me ever since before the June 10th update. It worked perfectly fine before that. I have tried everything under troubleshooting but nothing helps.

Hey is your game updated ? I have added the new power options to the interactions mentioned in the LE
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#849 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 10:08 PM
Hey sweet lady. Does the July 4 2020 update say so on the files in the zip. Cause they are saying script files is dated for May-31-2020 and the interaction file is dated for June-27-2020. Thanks Love all your works.
Test Subject
#850 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Can you redownload the latest version ?

i have like 3 times it does the same thing
Page 34 of 42