Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Food Interactions (Update 19th March 2024)

by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2024 at 11:11 AM by TheFoodGroup : New Resources

1033 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 821 Feedback Posts, 211 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 33 of 42
Icy Spicy
#801 Old 10th Mar 2020 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaraCroftEyes1
I download your custom food update from Simfileshare
get Food script py and the same for custom food interactions pyc, what does it mean?

Hey you would get the .py and the .pyc if you extract the .ts4script. The mod wont work if the script is in the form of .py and .pyc unless its in a specific file structure. Its btter to use the .ts4script file as it is!
Field Researcher
#802 Old 10th Mar 2020 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Hey you would get the .py and the .pyc if you extract the .ts4script. The mod wont work if the script is in the form of .py and .pyc unless its in a specific file structure. Its btter to use the .ts4script file as it is!

Thank you Icemunmun.
Field Researcher
#803 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by countominous
What I meant to say was that the recipe picker for the game was blank and no recipes were showing...I tried the link but there is still the same problem.

srsly have a no ingredient folder remove it u see them then
Test Subject
#804 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lataya25
srsly have a no ingredient folder remove it u see them then

Thank you!
Test Subject
#805 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 9:12 PM
Hey...make sure the individual recipes are in .package format. Also, make sure that your sims have the required skill points for the particular recipe. Vampire menus are empty because I have not yet had time to upload those yet.

The list of the foods are here - https://icemunmun.blogspot.com/p/li...ustom-food.html

Thanks for the help
Test Subject
#806 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 12:21 AM
I have all package files downloaded but when I click on "cook custom food" nothing happens. No secondary menu pops up. Please help!
Icy Spicy
#807 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladysapphiretee
I have all package files downloaded but when I click on "cook custom food" nothing happens. No secondary menu pops up. Please help!

Hey do you use any other mods for the fridge/stove ? Any cooking overhaul ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#808 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 8:34 PM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
#809 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 1:24 AM
You say to remove the Jambalaya custom recipe as it's currently broken. Is that just the one that uses custom ingredients? Does the no custom version work?
Icy Spicy
#810 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nessa Narmolanya
You say to remove the Jambalaya custom recipe as it's currently broken. Is that just the one that uses custom ingredients? Does the no custom version work?

The no custom version also doesnt work. I am going to update it sometime soon
Test Subject
#811 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 1:00 PM
Crab Legs
Hello,

I was wondering about the Crab Legs recipe. It's doesnt come up in the gourmet food menu but it does come up in the toddler food menu. I do have Srsly's mod for reference.

Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#812 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 6:35 PM
I downloaded the files correctly, but all the food I downloaded won't show up anywhere.
Test Subject
#813 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 6:45 AM
So I downloaded the files, but none of the food shoes up? When I click on the custom food, no secondary menu shows up. I also can't cook normal EA foods either, I've tried deleting everything and putting them back, but nothing seems to work.
Icy Spicy
#814 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melaninunicorn
I downloaded the files correctly, but all the food I downloaded won't show up anywhere.

Quote: Originally posted by TaeTaeBae
So I downloaded the files, but none of the food shoes up? When I click on the custom food, no secondary menu shows up. I also can't cook normal EA foods either, I've tried deleting everything and putting them back, but nothing seems to work.

1. Check if you have other outdated mods ( Greycurse's overhaul )
2. Make sure your mods and scripts are enabled
3. Put only those above files +/- MCCC in your mods folder
4. Test in a fresh 'test' save
5. Do you get the menus now ?
6. Put in the recipes in .package format and check whether the recipes appear. Make sure that your sim has enough skill points
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#815 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 4:06 AM
Thanks for this!!! Question... (sorry, I didn't go through all 35pgs to ask this) .. Does this mod conflict with Srsly's cooking overhaul, or could I just add your recipes to my game and they work with that mod?
Icy Spicy
#816 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PortiaRaven
Thanks for this!!! Question... (sorry, I didn't go through all 35pgs to ask this) .. Does this mod conflict with Srsly's cooking overhaul, or could I just add your recipes to my game and they work with that mod?

They would work but you will need the .package from this mod (custom food interaction .package) as it contains all the custom utensils and props. You dont need the script if you use Srsly's cooking overhaul
Lab Assistant
#817 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 6:25 PM
I am again having the problem of the "open" option not being available when I have this mod installed. As well, there are no recipes appearing in the custom folders and when i click on the make custom food button my sim does nothing. There isn't even it like cancelling out, they just don't act as if I did anything. I removed all mods from my game that deal with food and recipes, except this one, and still the same problems. As soon as I remove this, then the "open" option appears. I did also download them from the link you provided in the comments section. I don't remember how we fixed this issue the last time.
Icy Spicy
#818 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cdshrout1171
I am again having the problem of the "open" option not being available when I have this mod installed. As well, there are no recipes appearing in the custom folders and when i click on the make custom food button my sim does nothing. There isn't even it like cancelling out, they just don't act as if I did anything. I removed all mods from my game that deal with food and recipes, except this one, and still the same problems. As soon as I remove this, then the "open" option appears. I did also download them from the link you provided in the comments section. I don't remember how we fixed this issue the last time.

Do you have the jambalaya ? Do you have the scumbumbo's injector ? Check that you have the latest version from the official site now - https://scumbumbomods.com/xml-injector/

Check only with the food interaction script + package in your folders +/- MCCC without any foods and see if you get the menu to open
Test Subject
#819 Old 2nd May 2020 at 9:22 PM
Default Food icon missing
Hi! so whenever I go to cook, I get most of the food displayed with icons and names but then are a few that do not have names and their display icon (where I would usually see how the food looks) don't show up. I tried making one of those recipes and the sims start making it but then at a certain point stops and can't keep making the food. Also whenever i just go to Have Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch/Dinner it shows up an option but just the price, no name. Is there any way to fix this? I have the Srly's Complete Cooking Overhaul mod installed as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#820 Old 2nd May 2020 at 10:15 PM
Thanks for your work guys! i would be happy to translate this mod to russian if it isn't yet, so would be nice if you will send me the strings)
Test Subject
#821 Old 10th May 2020 at 3:02 PM
They would work but you will need the .package from this mod (custom food interaction .package) as it contains all the custom utensils and props. You dont need the script if you use Srsly's cooking overhaul

Hi, i didn't find any correct installation note to understand how to install custom food interaction and custom drinks interaction with srsly cooking overhaul. (or maybe i'm bad at finding it )

I just installed custom food interaction, custom drinks interaction and Srsly cooking overhaul (following Srsly directives) and added all your recipes.
But i got constant LE, after making the drink / food, even if it's working apparently.

So if i understand i install the .package from custom food interaction and custom drinks interaction (but not the .ts4scripts) to make it work correctly ?

thanks !
Icy Spicy
#822 Old 10th May 2020 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Forzing
Hi, i didn't find any correct installation note to understand how to install custom food interaction and custom drinks interaction with srsly cooking overhaul. (or maybe i'm bad at finding it )

I just installed custom food interaction, custom drinks interaction and Srsly cooking overhaul (following Srsly directives) and added all your recipes.
But i got constant LE, after making the drink / food, even if it's working apparently.

So if i understand i install the .package from custom food interaction and custom drinks interaction (but not the .ts4scripts) to make it work correctly ?

thanks !

If you use srslysim's script, you need the food interaction package since the package consists of all the props for the recipes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#823 Old 11th May 2020 at 7:37 AM
Hi, guys. First and foremost thank you. It seems that it makes my game low down, my Sisms' movement are not smooth. And when I click on the fridge and then click the custom food, nothing happens. I took the mod off my Mods, and it worked well again.
Test Subject
#824 Old 11th May 2020 at 7:38 AM
It seems that it makes my game low down, my Sisms' movement are not smooth. And when I click on the fridge and then click the custom food, nothing happens. I took the mod off my Mods, and it worked well again.
Icy Spicy
#825 Old 11th May 2020 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Roccotito
It seems that it makes my game low down, my Sisms' movement are not smooth. And when I click on the fridge and then click the custom food, nothing happens. I took the mod off my Mods, and it worked well again.

What files are you using ? Do you have the jambalaya ?
Page 33 of 42