Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Food Interactions (Update 19th March 2024)

by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2024 at 11:11 AM by TheFoodGroup : New Resources

1033 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 821 Feedback Posts, 211 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 42
Test Subject
#226 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 3:13 PM
Mod works great for me, my game is fully updated and I have all EPs and GPs. The only problem I had at first was I couldn't find the options for custom meals at all when clicking the fridge. This confused me because I know it was working perfectly not too long ago, but then I realized that I just bought City Living and the custom meal option doesn't show up on the "new" used fridge. You know, the one that is grimy and even worse quality than the worst fridge? My problem was fixed once I bought the base game fridge for my sims, but it would be nice to have the custom food option on the used fridge too. So my down-in-the-dumps sims can still eat their cheap ramen~
But other than that, I absolutely love this mod and thank you for it! I wish I knew how to make custom foods because food and cooking are one of my favorite things about sims 4.
Icy Spicy
#227 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThyGoddessWithin
Mod works great for me, my game is fully updated and I have all EPs and GPs. The only problem I had at first was I couldn't find the options for custom meals at all when clicking the fridge. This confused me because I know it was working perfectly not too long ago, but then I realized that I just bought City Living and the custom meal option doesn't show up on the "new" used fridge. You know, the one that is grimy and even worse quality than the worst fridge? My problem was fixed once I bought the base game fridge for my sims, but it would be nice to have the custom food option on the used fridge too. So my down-in-the-dumps sims can still eat their cheap ramen~
But other than that, I absolutely love this mod and thank you for it! I wish I knew how to make custom foods because food and cooking are one of my favorite things about sims 4.

Oh thanks for the reminder! We completely forgot that there was a new fridge with CL. Will add it in the next update.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#228 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 9:54 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#229 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 4:36 AM
Thanks!
Updated Chinese translation for new version(V2.1)!
Code:
Buy Custom Ice Cream(購買自訂冰淇淋)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#230 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 6:00 PM
Perfect!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#231 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 8:52 AM
Thanks for this Cool Custom Food Interactions Mod! :)
Test Subject
#232 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 9:16 PM
Please help solve this!
Quote: Originally posted by MoozyFoozy
I made an account just to talk about this.
So I had the previous mod, but since it stopped working with the new update, I updated it. It still doesn't work.
I've done everything written on the page. I've deleted it and downloaded it again. The custom food options show up, but my Sim stops halfway through like a lot of people are experiencing.
It's unzipped, in the right folders, duplicates deleted, EVERYTHING.
Unless I'm missing something, there's probably something wrong with it. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: None of the food interactions are properly working, even base game stuff.

Im having this same problem! please how to stop this problem?
Icy Spicy
#233 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 10:31 PM
@MoozyFoozy , @jsol210 , it seems to be working fine for me post the Toddler Update.

1) Do you have the newest game update ?
2) Can you check without any other mod with only this mod in your Mods folder ?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#234 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 12:13 AM
I had to make a priority subfolder in my mods folder, named it "aaa priority" to make this mod work. It's loaded ffirst.

Oops, meant to make this post feedback.
Test Subject
#235 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 1:12 AM
My sim can't cook. She always puts the food back into the fridge after the toddler update :\
Icy Spicy
#236 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 10:46 AM
Default Latest Patch issues
The issue appears to be with certain custom recipes ( which use custom meshes and custom tuning) . We will unvestigate further and let you guys know.
In the meantime - Can you guys list which custom recipes you have tested and which ones are not working ?
Test Subject
#237 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 4:34 PM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
The issue appears to be with certain custom recipes ( which use custom meshes and custom tuning) . We will unvestigate further and let you guys know.
In the meantime - Can you guys list which custom recipes you have tested and which ones are not working ?

most of my foods come from ohmysims, pbox, icemunmum and pies from this website. But i can't wait for the new update because not one custom food works so my sims food is effected greatly.
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 5:37 PM Last edited by nocturna76 : 13th Jan 2017 at 11:01 PM.
i'm not happy to say that i don't think this mod is the cause of the problem (not happy, cause if it was, i could just wait for an update to it)...i originally had the mod in the game at the time of the toddlers patch & my sim had problems cooking a custom recipe (getting route fail when trying to use 1 of the 3 completely unblocked counters)...i then told her to finish making garden salad that her bf had just left sitting on the floor, again, route fail...so i exited the game, took out this mod & restarted, then i still couldn't get her to finish the salad, so i told her to just make mac & cheese....then everyone in the house would just freeze mid-action, i had to pause & unpause 5x to get her to finish cooking & then to eat...then i decided to try to exit to world management & reload the house, THEN i got a crash...& all of this was AFTER removing this mod, so it pains me to say that the problem could very well be with EA, not the mod at all, & who knows when/if it will get fixed, & how many other things that patch will break

EDIT: the problem described above is only happening in the 1 house i made with a toddler, tried another house & they had no problems with food preparation, which makes me think that it is indeed a problem on EA's end with the new patch
Test Subject
#239 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nocturna76
i'm not happy to say that i don't think this mod is the cause of the problem (not happy, cause if it was, i could just wait for an update to it)...i originally had the mod in the game at the time of the toddlers patch & my sim had problems cooking a custom recipe (getting route fail when trying to use 1 of the 3 completely unblocked counters)...i then told her to finish making garden salad that her bf had just left sitting on the floor, again, route fail...so i exited the game, took out this mod & restarted, then i still couldn't get her to finish the salad, so i told her to just make mac & cheese....then everyone in the house would just freeze mid-action, i had to pause & unpause 5x to get her to finish cooking & then to eat...then i decided to try to exit to world management & reload the house, THEN i got a crash...& all of this was AFTER removing this mod, so it pains me to say that the problem could very well be with EA, not the mod at all, & who knows when/if it will get fixed, & how many other things that patch will break

OMG really?! Crazy bc my sims can make non custom foods without a problem but i just can't go anywhere near the custom food area. After my sim makes the food they sit down normally and eat it without any problems. Your sims can't do this?
Icy Spicy
#240 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 6:35 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 14th Jan 2017 at 9:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jsol210
most of my foods come from ohmysims, pbox, icemunmum and pies from this website. But i can't wait for the new update because not one custom food works so my sims food is effected greatly.

A few of the custom food will require updating...but not all(some of them are actually working)! I suggest wait for the custom food updates and redownload this mod and all the updated recipes .
Icy Spicy
#241 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nocturna76

I have seen some unusually long pauses while cooking base game recipes in a vanilla game too. So yeah...there appears to be some patch issues. hopefully, they get solved soon.
Test Subject
#242 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 6:54 PM
A few of the custom food will require updating...but not all(most of them are actually working)! I suggest wait for the custom food updates and redownload this mod and all the updated recipes .

So OK i will re download this mod and the other modes to see if that works.
Test Subject
#243 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 8:33 PM
I can cook base game and custom food but i can't eat any of them. The plates disappears for base game food or fall on the floor for custom food when I tried to eat, then I don't have the "eat" option anymore on the plate. When I removed the custom food mod, i got a new bug : i can cook, but i got two "eat" options. Only one works. And it's not the default one... I didn't try to remove my other mods but they aren't relative to food so... i think we should wait for a patch.
Test Subject
#244 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 9:35 PM
I have seen some unusually long pauses while cooking base game recipes in a vanilla game too. So yeah...there appears to be some patch issues. hopefully, they get solved soon.

I tried it but it didn't work. Omg this is crazy!!
Test Subject
#245 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 1:58 AM
Default Not Working
I am having a hard time telling. None of my custom food can be eaten or made. I also can't cook anything.
Test Subject
#246 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 2:24 AM

Last message, but I been planning to wait for a fix either way. However, do you plan to update this interaction and recipes that you have created? If so, that's great I will be waiting.
Lab Assistant
#247 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 4:29 AM Last edited by ohmysims : 14th Jan 2017 at 8:18 PM.
I'm writing this here instead of posting the same thing to all my food threads. I am aware that ALL my custom foods are broken (because I edited object tuning for chopsticks), and of course working on fixes. But please be patient this will take awhile. It's been only 1 or 2 day since the path was out and I have a life outside of this game like all of you.

By the way, the custom food interaction script itself still works fine. So, although all my foods are broken, the chances are that some other foods still work since patch.
Test Subject
#248 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohmysims
I'm writing this here instead of posting the same thing to all my food threads. I am aware that ALL my custom foods are broken (because I edited object tuning for chopsticks), and of course working on fixes. But please be patient this will take awhile. It's been only 1 or 2 day since the path is out and I have a life outside of this game like all of you.

By the way, the custom food interaction script itself still works fine. So, although all my foods are broken, the chances are that some other foods still work since patch.

Sounds great! I'm glad there is a solution and that it can be fixed. Take your time I don't mind waiting at all. Thanks for the Help!
Test Subject
#249 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohmysims
I'm writing this here instead of posting the same thing to all my food threads. I am aware that ALL my custom foods are broken (because I edited object tuning for chopsticks), and of course working on fixes. But please be patient this will take awhile. It's been only 1 or 2 day since the path was out and I have a life outside of this game like all of you.

okie dokie! Just let us know when is ready. :D
Test Subject
#250 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 8:05 AM

I have tested the pies by Leniad (not sure if they are in this group or not since name is not posted) and I am able to make and eat them. I didn't test the pizzas since Necrodog said they needed updating. The title for the Carrot cupcakes are missing from the custom food menu for the baking in the stove option. I don't have any other foods in my game at this time.
Page 10 of 42