Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:15 PM
Default Edit hair to enable showering with them
Hello Experts.

I have some custom hair and the problem is that my sims do not shower with them, they change hair befor going to shower and turn back after showering. It is annoying.

I thought I might be able to change the hair to make them work under shower and the CAS Testure Unitool may be the right way.

However, when I open a package File and change the [] I think I have to change ([x] Naked) and save the file back and import it to Sims 3, the Sims still change the hair.

Is there anyone that can give me advice or tut?

Best regards!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:25 PM
If you make a new sim and give them that hair, do they still change it when they shower? I'm thinking the wrong hair may be assigned as part of that sim's nude outfit.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
the wrong hair may be assigned as part of that sim's nude outfit.

As much as I do understand that problem it is because the custom hair is not valid for nude outfit. So I should find a way to modify the hair for nudity.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:52 PM
Yes, you need to enable the hair for naked, but you also need to set it as that sim's nude hair. Which is why I suggested trying a new sim - if you make a new sim and that sim still changes their hair, then there is still a problem with the hair. If you make a new sim and that sim doesn't change their hair, then you have fixed the hair, and you just need to find a way to set it as your other sims' nude hair.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Yes, you need to enable the hair for naked, but you also need to set it as that sim's nude hair. Which is why I suggested trying a new sim - if you make a new sim and that sim still changes their hair, then there is still a problem with the hair. If you make a new sim and that sim doesn't change their hair, then you have fixed the hair, and you just need to find a way to set it as your other sims' nude hair.

Thank you for your advice, it seems to be correct. I tried the edited hair on a completely new sim, he did not change. Right now I am testing it on a new copy of the same sim. I already saved it in CAS (planing outfit). Hope it will work on that new copy of this sim. Will keep you up to date.

EDIT: No, it doesn't work, he still changes hair while showering. So the next question is: How can I tell this stu... ah wonderfull game to change this Sims naked hare? xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TobyS28
So the next question is: How can I tell this stu... ah wonderfull game to change this Sims naked hare? xD

I tried to change the age (tried child and elder) in cas bevor adding the sim to the household. And it worked. After changing age back to normal (adult) he did no longer change hair.

So the steps to solve this problems are:
- Edit hair with CTU (whispering thanks to Delphy)
- Add the edited hair to the game
- Save sim with melfunctioning hair to library
- Create a new sim and changhe the age so the age gives the sim other hair
- Change the age back and readjust outfit and other stuff and add the sim to the household.
- Do not forget to delete the old one.

Thanks for your help!
Inventor
#7 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 10:02 PM
The easiest way to fix this is using s3pe. Make sure you have the latest version. Open the hair, find the CASP tag and select it, now go click on the "Grid" button below, and under ClothingCategory you can enable it for Naked. Remember to "Save As..." and give it different name (like adding "_fixed" at the end), never overwrite or you could have problems.
Thanks to Robodl for this technique ^-^
Theorist
#8 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 10:21 PM
Tutorial is here if you need further information or pictures

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TobyS28
I tried to change the age (tried child and elder) in cas bevor adding the sim to the household. And it worked. After changing age back to normal (adult) he did no longer change hair.

So the steps to solve this problems are:
- Edit hair with CTU (whispering thanks to Delphy)
- Add the edited hair to the game
- Save sim with melfunctioning hair to library
- Create a new sim and changhe the age so the age gives the sim other hair
- Change the age back and readjust outfit and other stuff and add the sim to the household.
- Do not forget to delete the old one.

Hi there May I ask, what did you actually did between step4-5? I mean, did you used a pre-made sim, or what
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 6:11 PM
Steps 4 and 5 are using the same sim, one you've just made.

Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:34 PM
I know this is old...but there was a much easier method of solving the issue. I quoted this from Robodl95 over here: http://lookaplumbob.blogspot.com/20...tiptourial.html
It worked perfectly for me! And it seems much easier than altering files It does require Twallan's Master Controller though.
He suggested:

"Click on sim [while naked] , then on NRaas / Master Controller
Go to advanced and click on Edit in CAS
ONLY click on the hair button, set it to the hair you want while naked, then click on checkmark at bottom to save. Important thing to remember is to NOT edit anything else.
Hope that works for you, tho I will say that occasionally it will revert to changing the hairstyle, usually after a semi-major event as age group or pregnancy change. Been my experience at least."
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MadeOfSunshine
I know this is old...but there was a much easier method of solving the issue. I quoted this from Robodl95 over here: http://lookaplumbob.blogspot.com/20...tiptourial.html
It worked perfectly for me! And it seems much easier than altering files It does require Twallan's Master Controller though.
He suggested:

ONLY click on the hair button, set it to the hair you want while naked, then click on checkmark at bottom to save. Important thing to remember is to NOT edit anything else.
Hope that works for you, tho I will say that occasionally it will revert to changing the hairstyle, usually after a semi-major event as age group or pregnancy change. Been my experience at least."

It doesn't work for my, I do that and then there's no hair styles to select to change the one the sim gets when she's nude... I hate it I can't find the solution!
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 1:22 AM
I'm also having this issue. She changes into pigtails, which is definitely NOT her normal hair.. I'm going to try to MasterController method.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MadeOfSunshine
He suggested:

It Works like a charm.... thanks in advance...
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 1:40 PM
Still working after many many years.