Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1469
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 162 (Who?), Viewed: 6786 times.
Search this Thread
Old 14th Sep 2020, 12:06 PM #151
Noa1500
Scholar

I was going to buy me a new pair of jeans cos why not only to find that the cut isn't the same any more? Anyways trying on things that should fit don't actually fit. Which is ridiculous because my old pair of jeans is a model which is still for sale but its been "updated" and of course it doesn't fit! Has anyone noticed that everyone seems to be walking around with a wedgie these days? Like that normally happens if your bum's too big for your jeans but its happening to all the rail thin people too. I held up my old pair and the one for sale together to see the difference and it was huge. There is so much less fabric in that specific area its a no wonder nothing felt right. And the jeans are like €10 more

On the plus side the new trousers I got dad were that little bit too wide for him so they're mine now
Old 15th Sep 2020, 9:37 PM #152
Rafael!
Field Researcher

2 Achievements

In case anyone miss the thread "Monsanto accepted the Bayer Deal" in Off Topics, it was deleted after 4 years. Not by me, I guess cause of the new rules here. Okay then I post the latest facts about the Company somewhere else.
Old 19th Sep 2020, 2:18 PM #153
PANDAQUEEN
Original Poster

Mad Poster

Did not sleep well. Felt like cat was attempting to shove me off.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Old 24th Sep 2020, 3:23 AM #154
Emmett Brown
Scholar

My day has been ruined by insurance agents. They aren't honest; "Can I have five minutes of your time" becomes an hour. You agree and pay up an that's when the mister nice guy stops and they tell you a whole bunch of stuff that you'd never have agreed to had they said it up front, but now they have a big chunk of your change. And their website is horrible! And you contact one and 3 more show up trying to sell you using the same tactics.

Sims are better than us.
Old 29th Sep 2020, 6:24 AM #155
MIKYA
Lab Assistant

5 Achievements

This time last year I was in a hospital for the same problem I’m having right now. I’m not going to go back to that hospital. that experience was traumatic and made things worse in the long run. I do have some pleasant memories of the other patients in the hospital, and occasionally those do surface; we managed to have fun sometimes even though we were all suffering through the treatments.

I dunno, I’ve just been thinking about it a lot today. My day was objectively pretty good, and I’m happy that I’m not inpatient this year. I’ve just had so much on my mind. That plus brain fog from the problem aforementioned.
Old 1st Oct 2020, 3:26 AM #156
Emmett Brown
Scholar

I just got chewed out for trying to clean the carpet with the carpet cleaner and vacuum. I don't know what to say! Should I mix up some mud and grease and put it back?

Sims are better than us.
Old 1st Oct 2020, 12:03 PM #157
Gargoyle Cat
Mad Poster

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
I just got chewed out for trying to clean the carpet with the carpet cleaner and vacuum. I don't know what to say! Should I mix up some mud and grease and put it back?

I'm guessing this was a rhetorical question rather than wanting a answer, but I had a similar problem a long time ago.

The only way to get to the washing machine without changing the whole room around is to walk in front of the TV downstairs.* A certain somebody didn't like the fact that I did laundry during TV watching / video game playing time and I would have my ass chewed because of it.* It didn't matter the reason I was doing laundry at that time which was usually because either my son or one of the dogs we had at the time was sick and as kids and dogs go,* they usually puke on something that needs to be thrown in the wash. I digress.

I got sick of this bullshit really fast and put it out there that if my passing by the TV was so bothersome, said certain somebody could get off his ass and do the laundry himself.* This of course lead down the rabbithole of I was making excuses for not doing things around the house, blah,blah,blah.* Ignoring the projections, I left the pile of laundry on the floor and waited for it to be dealt with.

It took a few rounds of this nonsense before it was figured out that my passing by the TV wasn't such a big deal. It may or may not have also taken me actually standing in front of the TV versus passing by it to make a point that there is a distinct difference between the two.

I haven't had my ass chewed about laundry or anything else I do around the house in a long time.* Sometimes, for reasons I don't understand, people just have to go there to see what will happen. I'm not suggesting my way is the best way of dealing with such situations, but I live with people that lean towards Drama Queens that need a reality check sometimes.*

~ You need StarWars TRADEMARK Journey to Baboo for My First Pet Stuff because your hamster can be a Jedi~
I stole this line from a YT video comment. Cheers to the person that said it.
Old 2nd Oct 2020, 2:47 AM #158
Emmett Brown
Scholar

I know pressure washers are dangerous. So here I am using my little pressure washer to clean out the gutters. My arm, which is all scratched up from the Blackberry wars, is kinda dirty and I thought "that's gonna get infected" so like an idiot I waved the pressure washer at it and got a nice big cut up my forearm. Well, now it looks like I had a real run in with the blackberries. Thank goodness my big pressure washer broke, that thing can cut wood.

Sims are better than us.
Old 16th Oct 2020, 9:54 AM #159
PANDAQUEEN
Original Poster

Mad Poster

My father won't talk to me until I take a shower (it's too cold!) and my my mother went complete Karen "bitch, bitch, bitch" and played Christmas music well before Halloween.

Anytime someone plays Christmas music before Halloween, my insides gets cooked to a crisp like the tanning bed urban myth. My birthday is October 23rd.

Communication failure. My day was a shit day before it started.

Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th Oct 2020 at 4:23 PM.
Old 16th Oct 2020, 10:42 PM #160
MIKYA
Lab Assistant

5 Achievements

Why must my favorite class also be the biggest PTSD stressor out of all of the ones I’m taking?

I’m disoriented from vasovagal syncope during class. It occurs off camera so luckily I don’t embarrass myself, but then I’m just left to wake up alone and scared and confused, sometimes with an instructor eventually asking me if I’ve been paying attention. It’s gotten too frequent. I do my best; I always go back and watch the recordings of the parts that I missed due to the fog and distress upon waking, and I’m doing really well with my grades. I just wish the events didn’t cause school as a whole to become a trigger.

I almost typed out an apology for using the word “trigger” but it needs to be understood as a legitimate term for PTSD stressors that people with PTSD actually experience. A trigger causes flashbacks, panic attacks, and other severe symptoms. The word has been bastardized by the people who use it on social media, and it is made fun of because of how people use it. However, it is an actual term and has been for a long time, long before people started using it to describe mild anxiety at seeing something they don’t like. Being “triggered” by something means being incapacitated for hours or even days afterwards, not just being uncomfortable for a while. Triggers for people with PTSD were not made up recently and the word is a legitimate descriptor as these things trigger these horrible symptoms. Much like poor air quality can trigger asthma episodes, some things related to traumatic events can trigger PTSD episodes. /end rant
Old 19th Oct 2020, 3:28 AM #161
PANDAQUEEN
Original Poster

Mad Poster

Found out my mother's aunt recently died from COVID-19. Had to couch my actions and approach carefully

Old Yesterday, 3:47 PM #162
Johnny_Bravo
Alchemist

14 Achievements

View My Journal

School starts this November. Almost all of Germany is labeled a 'Risk Area'. I don't like that I'll have to travel across half of Germany, in a full train, through several high risk areas, to then sit packed in a classroom, in yet another risk area having to wear a mask the whole day. I don't see how this is okay, but god forbid you're not keeping the safety distance behind the other customer in line at the supermarket.
Oh yeah, and because of the risk factor, it could happen that we get sent home unexpectedly. I hope that's what happens, to be honest. Because when I can finally head home after 7 weeks, it's Dec. 22nd. Commuting by train is already terrible enough, it's freaking HORRIBLE around holidays. Even better if the whole course would just be online instead.
The whole situation is still handled complicated and head-shaking.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
Old Today, 1:58 AM #163
Emmett Brown
Scholar

Wife and kid are fighting. Wife says my cooking smells like "human vomit" (it was an onion and cheese omelet with hot sauce).
I've been watching these "primitive technology" youtube videos. I've learned how to make clay bricks and tiles. Not sure how to make rope and twine using the plants where I'm at. Seems comfy but I'm 65 now and I'm pretty sure if I stop taking my pills I won't see 66. I could have done this primitive stuff back when I was 20

Sims are better than us.

Section jump: