Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 11:25 AM
Default Dark Mode UI Overhaul
Every time I load up Sims 4 (which, admittedly, isn't very often as I much prefer Sims 3, but it just runs so poorly in comparison), it feels like getting punched in the fact by the sun at noon in an Arizona summer. It takes a good 30 seconds or so adapt, more when playing at night. Not to mention, at night, the game attracts are the little flying critters (I live in a garage in Arkansas, so those little things are plentiful). As such, I would LOVE to have a dark UI. I very much enjoy the interface style EA went with this time. Smooth, sleek, and modern-feeling. Basically, all I am looking for here is mod which takes each UI element and turns them from white to a dark gray (or even almost black), similar to this site's "Slate" theme, or the Dark as Night mod for the Sims 3.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 1:31 PM
There was announcement of dark mode by Arnie (really great modder by the way, things he does with this game are amazing, for example he creates custom open world for sims 4 with functional airplane
https://www.patreon.com/posts/announcement-to-35335190
But this was in march this year and from what I see, there was nothing new in this topic so far. I guess it's worth keeping an eye on his social media in case there are any news about this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 8:58 PM
So, no one has managed to do this yet? It's good to see that Arnie is still active (based on other posts on that site, such as the one released September 17th; so last week, mentioning the release of that open-world map on October 1st).
Hopefully, not long after, we can get that dark mode.