Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Trashamatic Garbage Disposal & Dishwasher

by Sophie-David Posted 1st Aug 2011 at 6:04 PM - Updated 13th Jul 2016 at 8:04 PM by Sophie-David : Added cheat mode menu

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:05 AM
This is a relly good idea for me. Since then, I have a nice trashcan in my house. And I received the bills or homeworks, the Sims put them into the trashcan automatically, and I won't take care of the bills and so on. While, I still found a problem. When the neigbour sims walkby, they sometimes would tick the trashcan, I used to have to take the ones in common sense. But when the custom trashmatic be used, I cannot take the trashmatic ones. When I do something with e trashmatic, the sims will jump away. I don't know whether the other played engage this matter. If the author can explain, it will be highly appreciated. Thanks Sophie-David.
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:23 PM
I'm sorry, I don't understand what error you are having. What does not work?
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 3:34 AM
When the walkbys kicked down the "Trashamatic 3010 Residential Default", I cannot the raise the one. In the Maxis one, there is a lid on the trash can, while yours has no lid at all. I cannot cover as before done with the original one in the game. and As I order the SIM to raise the trashcan, the SIM ran away. The game run well without thinking of this matter, and no crash.
I deleted the "Trashamatic 3010 Residential Default ", and the trashcan remain the original one, the trouble resolved.
I wonder whether there should be add some active motion on it or not.
Theorist
Original Poster
#29 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:31 AM
This is definitely a bug. Sims are not supposed to be able to upset the trashcan because there is no way for them to put it upright again. I think the non-default Trashamatics may not have this problem. In any event I will get this fixed. Thanks for letting me know, liebesa.
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 5:07 AM
Thanks to liebesa's bug report, I have now posted a bugfix that prevents the Trashamatics from being knocked over.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:44 AM
Thanks! I was looking for something for another world! This fits the bill! Great Job!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 4:36 PM
You're welcome.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 5:11 PM
And, if the Wonderous Original Poster is still about...the Maxis trash can acts like a "homing device" for kids coming home from school...true also for your cans?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And, if the Wonderous Original Poster is still about...the Maxis trash can acts like a "homing device" for kids coming home from school...true also for your cans?
Actually, I was not aware of this "homing device" behavior. I did not do anything to intentionally encourage or suppress it. If the "homing device" phenomenon is based on the GUID of the original trash can then the default replacement version of this object would also be a homing device.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 1:27 AM
Quick Question... If I accidentally put the default replacement ones in and already created lots with them on it, what will happen if I decide to remove default replacements later?
Also, it'd be nice if it had a optional recolor that looked exactly like the original trash can.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 4:22 AM
Thanks for this!I could use this for my more modern homes and rusty tecolors for slums.
Page 2 of 2