Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Versailles Two Story Window Set *Updated* 6/11/12

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,210 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 85,690 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 31st May 2012 at 3:10 PM
Updated: 19th Jun 2012 at 3:24 PM by TDC95
With permission from my friend TheJim07 i have converted his Versailles window's (Originally found here http://www.modthesims.info/d/352251 ) From TS2 to TS3.

They look great in palaces old manors or anything that looks like "Old Money" Or "Old World" Style.
They are inspired of the windows at Versailles in Galerie des Glaces or in English hall or mirrors, though they will look great in any room not just in ballrooms.

Update 6/11/12 Hi everyone! So i guess my windows didn't work previously when placed on diagonal walls, i have updated them now, but sadly even though they can now be placed on diagonal walls there is an issue it seems that there are holes popping through the wall (this only occurs when placed diagonally) due to a issue with the sims 3 pets and the patch that came after it all walls masks where affected, thus my windows have been affected also. With this update though i have improved the windows in 3 ways:

1. The previous specular on my windows caused my mesh to be very shiny in-game this has been fixed.

2. I also forgot to make a wall shadow, as you can see here i have now added one which makes them seem just a bit more realistic

3. The 3rd top piece to the set was a bit short in width by just the slightest degree, i have now updated it to fit the bottom piece exactly.

I have attached a new file with the updated windows Entitled "Versailles Two Story Window Set Fixed" please download the new version.

End of Update

NamePriceIn-game locationPolly CountChannels
Top Piece 1$475Buy-mode > windows1445 Faces2
Top Piece 2$475Buy-mode > windows653 Faces2
Bottom Piece$475Buy-mode > windows1017 Faces2

I cloned a Base-Game window to make these so nothing but The Sims 3 Base-Game is Required in-order for these to work in your game.

Happy Simming and Enjoy!

Polygon Counts:
Top Piece 1 1445 Faces

Top Piece 2 653 Faces

Bottom Piece 1017 Faces

Additional Credits:
TheJim07 - Making the original Mesh.

Orangemittens & BloomsBase - Giving tips on UV mapping.

Blender & Milkshape - Editing the meshes.

UV mapper PRO - Great tool for UV mapping.

Gimp - Editing my Textures.