Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 10:35 PM Last edited by cows : 8th Jan 2021 at 12:18 AM.
Default No TXTR for cloned object
I want to make a default replacement (model and texture) of an object - more specific an "accessory" (object workshop>unknown>accessory coffeemug) that sim use. when I make a clone of the object there is no TXTR resource (it does have a TXMT) for me to edit. I opened another creator's default replacement of the same object and theirs correctly have a texture file available. Why does my clone not have one? I also want to make it possible that I can later recolor the object too. Any help appreciated, thank you.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 4:01 AM
It appears that the TXMT merely colors the material grey, rather than calling a texture file. You can either clone more TXMTs and edit the color values in the lines ending in Coef under the "Properties" or "Categorized Properties" tabs to make simple recolors or import your own textures as TXTR files and edit TXMTs to point to them.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe