Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 1:04 PM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 7th Jan 2021 at 2:39 PM.
Default Counter Recolor Choices Available But Not Changing when selected
This is the first counter I have attempted to make using Sims3 Meshes and Textures to convert into a Sims2 objects.
Prior to doing this I read about counter problems and downloaded Numenor's Counter Templates and guide.
However when it comes to Counter Island Templates, they are slaved to the matching Counter; would you believe the Dive Counter Island does not have a matching counter!
I plod on, cloning from the Uni Cafeteria Style Island Counter and would you believe it worked!
I then did the two other recolors on SimPE and went in-game to check them but only the original mesh color was displaying. Aahh!
Back to SimPE, changed my settings and disabled CEP, exited SimPE, back in again and recreated the Mesh and two recolors.
Time to check my Sims2 game: -

But when I try to place or change to e.g. the green counter in game, only the original color is generated.
I exited my Sims2 game, moved the Enable Color Options GMND to the desktop and tried again but to no avail.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 3:35 PM
I have now tried making this Island Counter six times using other counters and with/without CEP and CEP extra; unfortunately it is still the same.
I can't understand why all other objects work and can change to another color using the design tool?

I have even tried making this item not Stand Alone - some of the original colors appear but they won't change either - is it my Sims2 game?
I thought maybe I had switched something off in error - but I have now created a couple of new items and they have color options that will change when you select them.
This is absolutely baffling me!
Any help is most welcome.
Thank you in advance!

P.S. If anyone wants me to upload any screenshots from SimPE, I would be happy to.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 8:14 PM
Can you upload the master and repo'd object? It's probably something in the files that's not right, but there are several places it could've gone wrong, and that's a lot of screenshots (SHPEs, GMNDs, etc.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Can you upload the master and repo'd object? It's probably something in the files that's not right, but there are several places it could've gone wrong, and that's a lot of screenshots (SHPEs, GMNDs, etc.)

Hello simmer22,
Thank you for your reply.
Do you mean the SimPE package file and the 2 recolors?
The most recent version I have is a Stand Alone with CEP enabled item cloning with the Catamaran Kitchen Island.
The three color options are available in game but when I select any of them to place in the lot, it reverts to the original color.
I have recolored the Catamaran Kitchen Island and this works in game - also recolored the Catamaran Surface Counter (drawers and doors).
Is it something to do with the PJSE: Text List Editor?

Thank you in advance for any further help.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 1:58 PM
The files you need for them to show up, and at least one recolor.

While I have that string of thought in my head - have you done the GUID properly? Remember to only update the MMATs for the main GUID/OBJD if there's more than one OBJD. If you don't, the MMATs won't pick up the recolors, because they're not seeing the proper GUID number.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Dec 2020 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The files you need for them to show up, and at least one recolor.

While I have that string of thought in my head - have you done the GUID properly? Remember to only update the MMATs for the main GUID/OBJD if there's more than one OBJD. If you don't, the MMATs won't pick up the recolors, because they're not seeing the proper GUID number.

Hello simmer22,
There is only one Object Data to update MMATS when using the Catamaran Kitchen Island.
It is funny that I expected to have a problem with kitchen counters that they would not link and also read about new counters created were holding on to the cloned kitchen counter colors.
I thought I had won a watch when my textures were accepted and in game the counters linked - even with the Professional Bar Dive Edition. BTW, I created the Professional Bar Dive Edition first and no issue with all three colors.
Do you think that I should have created the Kitchen Island Counters first?
I have attached the DBPF files.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Ladysimplayer8
Attached files:
File Type: zip  The Dive Counter Island - Catamaran Counter used.zip (618.6 KB, 8 downloads)
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 5:24 PM
Every day I have been still trying to place the recolors of this counter in my game - with no success.

I have tried unticking default colors only, thus not needing to do recolors separately.
All colors show available in game and regardless of the color selected, only the original mesh color can be placed in the lot. .
I looked at Material Overrides - I noticed that the majority of default material seem to be false (for above), so updated 'clean' materials to true and 'dirty' unchanged if false. Checked in game but still unable to place other counter colors in lot.
I tried using other counters with this scenario but to no avail.

I remade a mesh (Stand Alone and reticked default colors). I checked the Materials Overrides (MMAT) and they were what I expected for clean and dirty materials.
I recolored the mesh; this time not only updating the textures with the other colors; but also checked and updated the MMAT as the default material were both 'false'. I hoped this would now resolve it but alas...

If anyone can offer any advice, it would be most welcome.
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 10:04 PM
I did take a really good look at this and can't figure out why it's not working but I can tell you where. If you disable the 'CT - Update Dirty State' behave it will work, that behave is used in every other counter without problem so I can't work out why it is causing this issue for this one, I can see nothing wrong.
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I did take a really good look at this and can't figure out why it's not working but I can tell you where. If you disable the 'CT - Update Dirty State' behave it will work, that behave is used in every other counter without problem so I can't work out why it is causing this issue for this one, I can see nothing wrong.

Thank you very, very much for this! It works!
Screenshots