Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 4:56 AM
Default Would it be possible to change the way sims listen to lectures?
If you buy the podium from UNI and put it in your house and have a sim give a lecture about a skill, the sims stand up to listen. I was wondering if it'd be possible to make them sit down while listening to the lecture instead of standing to make it more school-like and if so, how could it be done? I'd be willing to try, but I haven't an idea where to start.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 5:02 AM
I also believe its the same with the whiteboard, they stand and watch.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 6:15 AM
I'd start looking at the code for listening to a lecture. See where it defines they stand up and do a custom listen to lecture interaction where they sit. I don't know is this interaction a sim to sim interaction, or sim to object interaction but by looking at the code you will figure it out and there are tutorials on this section on how to add interactions to both sims and objects.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 3:29 PM
What ani_ said. This would involve using C# programming language for scripting, and I suspect you'd have to replace the interaction for the podium.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 11:18 PM
Thanks for replying. It sounds simple, but I have no modding experience. I don't know how to get to the code and how to change it to replace the interaction. I've been searching the MTS tutorials and the internet but I can't figure out what exactly to use to do that. I'm really willing to try since this bugs me so much but this all sounds like Chinese to me lol
(btw CmarNYC I love your picture lol I didn't notice it was moving at first)
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 4:38 PM
I have yet to try it, but I suspect if you put the table and chair that came WITH university, the sims would sit down and listen (just like the nonrabbit-hole lecture)
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#7 Old 14th Dec 2020 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nimsay_simmer
I have yet to try it, but I suspect if you put the table and chair that came WITH university, the sims would sit down and listen (just like the nonrabbit-hole lecture)

If you are posting this in response to someone who posted earlier in this thread, be aware that this is a thread from 2014. Posting relevant information to advance an old creation issue is possible I think though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nimsay_simmer

Unfortunately, it has been many years, and I don't think that it works. If it did, it would be as easy as copying the script from those chairs/tables to any other table or chair to use, but I don't really know if it would work or if there is anything special about the ones that came with university...though I wish it could be that easy. I never found a solution, sadly. When I posted this, I was in middle school. I had no idea lol.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 11:46 PM
Have we figured out what exactly handles EA's lectures pushing attending sims to behave the way they do? And could that system be reimplemented in a different way?
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 2:25 PM
Am not trying necro a thread at all so sorry, but I believe I might have helpful info. After trying to just change the clip file, I found that the interactions where they sit are under "lecturehallsituation". So presumably, it is a lecture hall event/situation that pushes them to sit. The behvaior seems independent of the objects themsevles but I am a noob so who knows. Btw, these files are (for me at least) in Fullbuild_p18. That file was in my origin folder under specifically the uni game file (EP 9) and not in the regualr game file.

Also, I opened the jazz file for the regular watch lecture and watch presentation (meaning not lecture hall situation) and the podium uses animations from the "generic wacth" jazz file (it doesn't seem to have it's own special thing based on the SS3A file I opened with reflector for the podium) and the white board uses "wacth presentation", which uses animations from both the reporter interview and paparazzi (this is what I saw in the jazz file anyway).

I have zero script modding skill, but hopefully this helps someone who has more talent down the path.