Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 11:07 PM
CAS Demo - Widescreen on a 4:3 monitor?
Hi,

I have a 4:3 monitor with a max resolution of 1280x1024, but I was wondering if there was a way to apply custom resolutions to the game, without distorting the picture (stretching the image or anything like that), as all the resolutions selectable in the options are for a 4:3 aspect ratio with no widescreen option available.

I prefer playing in widescreen, even if there is letterboxing (the black bars on the top and bottom) but can't afford to go out and buy a new monitor any time soon. I know I am able to do this with some games, however others prove to be more challenging (such as Fallout: NV, and I guess in The Sims 4 as well).

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it! I hope I posted this in the right place!

Edit: I am able to select 1280x720 as a default, however, it stretches.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:35 PM
Stretching vs not stretching is a function of your video card. What kind of video hardware do you have?

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Stretching vs not stretching is a function of your video card. What kind of video hardware do you have?

Thanks for the reply!

I have an AMD Radeon HD 8670D (I know it's not incredible, but it's what I got :p)
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 7:25 AM
It wouldn't be in the game setting themselves, try your video card settings, which you usually access from desktop or taskbar, look for your scaling options, enable gpu scaling, and check maintain aspect ratio.
Theorist
#5 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:45 PM
Yeah, in the System Tray you'll like have the AMD Catalyst Control Center. Under display properties should be a checkbox for Enable GPU Scaling which allows you to select "Maintain aspect ratio."

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 3:08 AM
Thanks again! I went to my Catalyst Control Center and checked Enabled GPU Scaling but the Maintain Aspect Ratio box remains greyed out and unselectable. I attached a screenshot:
Screenshots
Theorist
#7 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:50 PM
Could this workaround work for you?
http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68072

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Could this workaround work for you?
http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68072
'

Yup, that did the trick! Thank you so much!