Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 7:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Vulkan 1-dll not found ERROR when launching
Hey guys, my game was running properly and my laptop batery died so I restarted it. Since then I have this error when I try to launch the game (screenshot attached )

I have tried reinstalling it as recommended and it ran properly the first time, but once I added all of my downloaded custom content and saved neighborhoods and stuff, I got this error launching again.

Anybody knows how to fix this?

Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 9:54 PM
According to this website, it could be due to out of date video card software. Perhaps try and install a later version, and see if that removes the error for "vulkan-1.dll". So visit the manufacturer's website (nVidia or AMD) and search for a video card software that's compatible with the video card installed in your computer.

EDIT: Wait, what is your graphics card? Like if it's not one of those two I mentioned, what would it be?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
According to this website, it could be due to out of date video card software. Perhaps try and install a later version, and see if that removes the error for "vulkan-1.dll". So visit the manufacturer's website (nVidia or AMD) and search for a video card software that's compatible with the video card installed in your computer.

EDIT: Wait, what is your graphics card? Like if it's not one of those two I mentioned, what would it be?

Thank you!

I have attached a screenshot of my graphics card
Screenshots
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 2:59 AM
So, have you installed the latest version of your graphics card software?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
So, have you installed the latest version of your graphics card software?

Hey, sorry I totally missed your reply!

I have actually tried to update it, but it said the latest version/update is installed.

I tried with some tutorial to "fix it" with downloading the vulkan dll, but then this error message popped - Application unable to start correctly 0xc0000005

I figured out later that when I put these couple of dll files for better resolution into the TS Bin - only then I can't run the Sims, otherwise works fine.

Not sure what happened to these Dll files and why it crashes now with them suddenly but this never happened before.. But I really need them so I can run my game with full HD details...

Any advice?