Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 2:48 AM
Hey Jawusa..I might take you up on that offer if all else fails.

I think its absolute NUMBER of files that are called upon at one go, not the size of them, that is the issue. Something that could merge bunches of files into single ones would be ideal-io. Has to work for Mac.
If anyone knows such a thing, pls pm me with details.

Belive me, I would happily PAY to have a nice custom Sims 2 and 3 dedicated Windows PC built for me if I could find some mousing device as comfortable as Mac's magic trackpad. (with pinch to zoom function) If there is such a thing now, pls someone PM me so as not to (further) derail this thread. I used to play using a custom built gaming Windows machine..I know game is much more stable on those and no stoopid file limit crap.

*sits back to await updates from others..is already a fan of TLC and jealous of those of you who get to play him*

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#27 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 4:41 PM
You could merge all of your CC into one big massive package but this doesn't work for neighborhoods and lots. Otherwise, those lots will be missing in the neighborhood. And for merging CC, you'll need SimPE. I'm not sure whether SimPE works on a Mac or not but if I remember correctly, it doesn't.

So it's because of the zoom function? I believe there are 3rd-party programs which enable that for Windows but I'm not sure.
But you can also zoom in the game using '+' and '-' on your keyboard.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#28 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 3:11 PM
Anyway, I have just attached Quadington University to my neighborhood (called Arcadia Peaks).
So far, I have played the Finicky Fidgeties and Girly Friends households until they wrote their final exams (for the first term).
Not much has happened in the Finicky Fidgeties household. Polly, Bruno and Jun were all quiet and studied all the time.

But the Girly Friends household was quite a busy one!
Kelly threw a toga party and invited her sister Moriah (the cheerleader), Warren and TLC.
The party went well but it became a disaster after TLC attempted to flirt with Kelly, which made Warren furious because he 'caught' Kelly cheating with TLC. Shortly after, the cow mascot came and ruined the party further. I could save the party at the end, when Kelly and TLC had their first kiss. Phew!
The next day, it was time for Cindy's party. She invited Keith, Warren and Moriah but Moriah didn't come. Warren was still mad at Kelly because of yesterday... so he shoved her all the time. I hoped the cow mascot wouldn't come but she did and 'flirted' with Cindy right in front of Keith. (The same scenario as above with Kelly and Warren). Keith 'caught' Cindy cheating and slapped her. The party ended up being a disaster. Poor Cindy.
Bonnie didn't throw a party. She was busy writing her assignments.
The Girly Friends didn't get good results in their final exams though. But they were able to pass it. Thankfully, they didn't get expelled.

Now, I'll have to play the Fratties, Sweethearts, Newcomers and Quadington households. I can't wait to see how it will end up.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
#29 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 11:08 PM Last edited by blupest : 7th Dec 2015 at 11:20 PM.
Please post pix here or in your Simblr, if you have time, Jawusa!

(As for me, still considering my game set-up and options.)

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Trainee Moderator
#30 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 5:58 AM
I forgot to take pictures but I'll take them now if I play further.

Quote: Originally posted by blupest
As for me, still considering my game set-up and options.

I think there's a way to use Magic Trackpad with Windows.
As for LotCompressor, did it work for you?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#31 Old 30th May 2018 at 6:34 PM
My hood is now more than zombies; werewolves now exist (the best students LIKE being werewolves!). And (for those I want to get rid of), 24 hours as a vampire will be excitement, followed by death. I've added some aliens, and would post pics of them but Modyourpanties is (AGAIN!) not working for me.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#32 Old 30th May 2018 at 7:20 PM
When you make a post, click the "Go Advanced" button. There are options to attach photos to your post from there. (I don't think MYP is working for anybody right now. It's apparently had problems recently.)
Mad Poster
#33 Old 30th May 2018 at 11:02 PM
Why have I not used this for an Apocalypse? I need to do this.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#34 Old 31st May 2018 at 9:49 AM
only thing i used from this hood was getting melody quadington to marry someone in my main hood she got cured and now has three kids

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#35 Old 15th Jun 2019 at 4:50 PM
My fav student, TLC (etc); like all the rest, he is a zombie. I didn't realize his parents were ALIENS! And now he just INSISTS on being a werewolf! All this makes for some interesting skin...
Screenshots

Scholar
#36 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 12:22 AM
Adding Quaddungton to Rematra soon.
Due to the ability of zombies to spread the apocalypse, there will be a mass curation when the region is re entered.
This will be a massive undertaking
Mad Poster
#37 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 3:45 PM
Another take on TLC, this time madly in love with the Quadington "outcast" girl. Both have stopped their "zombie" ways, and given actual personalities. Their twins are also ..... interesting..
Screenshots

Trainee Moderator
#38 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 2:22 PM
I mean.. they both have interesting noses. :P
Love how their childrens turned out, lol!

My Simblr
Page 2 of 2