Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 3:05 PM
Default Would this laptop work for TS2&TS4?
Hi! I was wondering if anyone could help me with my laptop search. I'm going to uni in a few months, and I'm getting a mac, however I don't want to destroy it with Sims, and I was hoping to get a second laptop ONLY for Sims (and probably internet for CC, I don't think I'll be doing anything else on it).

We've looked at the required and recommended specs for TS2 (and I know the specs for 4 won't be out for a few more days, this is, if they release it at E3, but they said it would be easier on lower quality machines), and we found a laptop that's not crazy expensive and meets the requirements. However, I've looked through all the laptop threads already in here, and I noticed that sometimes people think the laptop will work, but then they find out that some small thing that they missed is a serious deal breaker.

So right now I'm looking at the Lenovo ThinkPad Edge e545 20B20011US 15.6-inch Laptop [here on amazon]. It's got Windows 7, which I was careful to look for.

2.9 GHz AMD Dual-Core Accelerated Processor A6-5350M (up to 3.50GHz w/AMD Turbo Core technology, 1MB L2 cache); AMD Radeon HD 8450G Graphics
4 GB (16 GB MAX) DDR3L-1600/PC3-12800 SDRAM; 320 GB 5400 rpm HDD; DVD Burner
15.6" HD (1366x768) Color Anti-Glare LED Backlight Display; Built-In Spill-Resistant Numeric Keyboard, Multi-Touch Touchpad
802.11b/g/n; Gigabit Ethernet; Webcam; 3 x USB 3.0; USB 2.0; 6-Cell 48 Wh Li-Ion Battery (Up to 6.2 hours)
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit pre-installed / Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Upgrade Media and License Included

Thanks so much in advance for the help!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 3:19 PM
TS4? Unlikely. I wouldn't expect that laptop to run TS3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 3:24 PM
I don't think it even meets the requirements for TS3, I know. I don't have any interest in 3 though. I was reading up on the released info for 4 though, and they were saying that they were going to have it run better on lower end machines than 3 did, though how much better is unknown.
"We're really excited to say that players on lower-end machines are going to have a much better experience on The Sims 4 than they did with The Sims 3," producer Ryan Vaughn told Digital Spy at Gamescom.[x]
Do you think it would run TS2 well though? I have every expansion and stuff pack, and I'm worried it'll be too much.
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 3:55 PM
It should be okay for TS2.

I wouldn't believe what EA says about TS4. They are the ones trying sell the product after all so they're going to be saying whatever they need to say to sell the product. EA was the 3rd most hated company in America for good reasons.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 4:30 PM
Awesome. Thanks so much for your help!

I did find the expected specs on here for Sims 4, and yeah, I see what you mean. I guess it was a little naive of me to think that they would have actually gotten something right for once. I'll wait till E3 to make any decisions on this laptop and see what they release info-wise. I might not even end up getting 4, who knows.

And I am laughing because it is so frustratingly true how annoyed I have been with EA over the past ten years. That stat doesn't surprise me at all.

But thanks again for your help!