Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 11:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Does cloning with moveobjects corrupt your game?
I wanted to get some good reference screenshots, so I picked my Sim up with the MoveObjects cheat and cloned her with Shift. I deleted the clones afterwards, and quit without saving. But I'm still worried if that could corrupt my game. Any ideas?

(Apologies for being so paranoid, heh. I'm always overly cautious when it comes to corruption after my megahood became a BFBVFS.)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 1:29 AM
I don't think it will corrupt your game (I had no idea you could even clone a Sim like that; I guess I've never tried it!) because it's still the same Sim. Picking up Sims and deleting them through Buy Mode is ok, and can sometimes even be used to fix glitches.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 1:41 AM
If the clones are allowed to interact socially it would probably cause the met self memory and give them a relationship with themselves, but if you just deleted them without unpausing it's probably fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If the clones are allowed to interact socially it would probably cause the met self memory and give them a relationship with themselves, but if you just deleted them without unpausing it's probably fine.

I unpaused the game and checked her relations, but she didn't have herself in the relations panel. The memory of her meeting herself wouldn't get saved anyway because I have the "No trash memories" mod by Boiling Oil.

But let's say that theoretically, she might have the memory of meeting herself. Would the bad memory still cause problems, even if I quit without saving?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 2:05 PM
I know that there was at least one thing that could cause a sim to meet themselves that caused neighborhood corruption (bartending on a community lot). I don't know if that was because of the sim meeting themselves, or because of something else that was just fixed with the same mod, though.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 3:48 PM
BoilingOil made a mod for me to stop Sims getting "met self" memories. As I recall, he said they weren't in themselves dangerous. I'll try to get a link to it, but I'd expect it to be somewhere on Leefish.

The "usual" fix is Pescado's dramafix, but I didn't have University at the time, and anyway, now that I do have Uni, my Romance Sims want their fun with the drama professors! (dramafix mods the drama / fun out.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 5:56 PM
So I just came across this video by Marticore which does mention the thing about duplicate sims. It's apart of her video discussing creepy instances in the Sims 2 and she does mention that there is no second character file created so it is safe to delete the second sim in move objects if you want.

Call me Seth!