Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 6:07 PM
Default Greetings from a fledgling modder!
Hi everyone! You can call me mikya. I'm a music producer, writer, and baby mod developer with a passion for dark themes.

I've been simming since TS2, though TS4 is what really got me interested in becoming a creator. Video games have been a constant in my life since early childhood - my Nintendo Gamecube and DS were my favorite things to play with as a kid. I'm now very into run-and-hide survival horror such as Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and SOMA (if you couldn't tell I adore Frictional lol); surreal horror like American McGee's Alice; point-and-click horror/surreal games like Fran Bow and Detention; RPG horror/surreal games such as Corpse Party and OFF; and dark platform games like LIMBO and Inside (Playdead is my favorite studio to ever exist). Meta horror games like Doki Doki Literature Club are fascinating to me, too. But as always, I've retained my love for Nintendo from childhood and have played and will continue to play LoZ and Animal Crossing games until the day I die. Another thing you may notice if I post about music is that a lot of what I listen to are the soundtracks from my favorite games. The Fran Bow, OFF and Alice soundtracks are a huge inspiration to my music, and Playdead's OSTs to my ambience projects.
Pardon the ramble, I just love video games!

I'm just getting started in the world of modding, and just like with all things, a community is a great way to learn more. I have a lot of big dreams for mods that I'm currently jotting down, but for now, I'm focusing on extremely simple mods to get used to the language, such as autonomy tweaking and BB item stat editing.

As of this fall I will be a student in simulation and game development, and I'm eager to master and share the skills I learn from the program. I'm also very eager to learn from other creators here, and just to connect with everyone in our collective endeavors to make these games the best they can be.

Nice to meet you! :^)
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MIKYA
Hi everyone! You can call me mikya. I'm a music producer, writer, and baby mod developer with a passion for dark themes.

I've been simming since TS2, though TS4 is what really got me interested in becoming a creator. Video games have been a constant in my life since early childhood - my Nintendo Gamecube and DS were my favorite things to play with as a kid. I'm now very into run-and-hide survival horror such as Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and SOMA (if you couldn't tell I adore Frictional lol); surreal horror like American McGee's Alice; point-and-click horror/surreal games like Fran Bow and Detention; RPG horror/surreal games such as Corpse Party and OFF; and dark platform games like LIMBO and Inside (Playdead is my favorite studio to ever exist). Meta horror games like Doki Doki Literature Club are fascinating to me, too. But as always, I've retained my love for Nintendo from childhood and have played and will continue to play LoZ and Animal Crossing games until the day I die. Another thing you may notice if I post about music is that a lot of what I listen to are the soundtracks from my favorite games. The Fran Bow, OFF and Alice soundtracks are a huge inspiration to my music, and Playdead's OSTs to my ambience projects.
Pardon the ramble, I just love video games!

I'm just getting started in the world of modding, and just like with all things, a community is a great way to learn more. I have a lot of big dreams for mods that I'm currently jotting down, but for now, I'm focusing on extremely simple mods to get used to the language, such as autonomy tweaking and BB item stat editing.

As of this fall I will be a student in simulation and game development, and I'm eager to master and share the skills I learn from the program. I'm also very eager to learn from other creators here, and just to connect with everyone in our collective endeavors to make these games the best they can be.

Nice to meet you! :^)

Welcome to Mod the Sims. The community forums for the various sims games can be found under the specific game your seeking at the top of the page. The site rules and guidelines can be found here . Here you can find tutorials & information about modding for Sims 4 and get feedback for creations Link