Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 4:54 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 25th Aug 2016 at 5:10 AM.
Default Considering getting high ticket items. Thoughts may help.
With my life starting over in West New Jersey...I have been thinking of making some big important purchases.

One is getting a bike as I need to be more independent. That and I am so out of practice, that I need to learn how to ride without training wheels.

Second, to keep my games separate from my work, I am think of getting a new PC. I would need to save, but SkyTech's Archangel would be nice.

Third, I need a HDTV Monitor combo that will replace my computer monitor and allow for TV viewing to keep DVRs from fighting in conflict. Burn-in proof ability so I don't need to worry about the afterimage.

Finally, shelving for my many books.

Any opinions?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 7:07 AM
First off I have to say that I totally read the topic title wrong. For some reason I only viewed it as "Considering getting high", yeah that I would definitely consider. I guess you can sort of see where my mind is at right now.

Anyway, I think a bike would be a good idea. Sure you may need to learn how to ride, but overall it would be good for you. It will give you a form of transportation, and it will be good for your health too. Exercise is always good, so I think getting a bike would be a smart move and in my opinion would be the best out of all those things for you to get.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haywud
First off I have to say that I totally read the topic title wrong. For some reason I only viewed it as "Considering getting high", yeah that I would definitely consider. I guess you can sort of see where my mind is at right now.

Anyway, I think a bike would be a good idea. Sure you may need to learn how to ride, but overall it would be good for you. It will give you a form of transportation, and it will be good for your health too. Exercise is always good, so I think getting a bike would be a smart move and in my opinion would be the best out of all those things for you to get.

Well, saving will be the hard part. I also want to put baskets on the handlebars and rear of the bike. Buying suitable safety gear and recommended peripherals such as a generator-based light during the dark period of the year in autumn may be needed to fully comply with safety laws.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#4 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 8:43 PM
Yeah you will definitely want to have enough safety gear. You especially want to make sure that other people can see you when it's dark outside. Trust me as a kid I used to hurt myself all the time on my bike because I never used any sort of protective gear, and probably more than anything I never used any common sense. I remember once my brakes went out and I ended up slamming into the back of a parked car, yeah it didn't feel too good. I didn't really hurt myself since I never seriously got hurt as a kid, but it really sucked!

Hey I know this is a weird place to ask this, but do you use Skype? I've been trying to get as many people as I can to chat using it, and you seem like a nice person so I figured I would ask.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2016 at 10:50 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 25th Aug 2016 at 11:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by haywud
Yeah you will definitely want to have enough safety gear. You especially want to make sure that other people can see you when it's dark outside. Trust me as a kid I used to hurt myself all the time on my bike because I never used any sort of protective gear, and probably more than anything I never used any common sense. I remember once my brakes went out and I ended up slamming into the back of a parked car, yeah it didn't feel too good. I didn't really hurt myself since I never seriously got hurt as a kid, but it really sucked!

Hey I know this is a weird place to ask this, but do you use Skype? I've been trying to get as many people as I can to chat using it, and you seem like a nice person so I figured I would ask.

Thanks for the nice assumption. I am starting to use Skype. Just got set up.

My second reward for saving is to buy a new computer. I also have a few peripherals to go with it, like head set, keyboard, optical mouse which are white and glow a rainbow of colors.

I have plans on buy a gaming computer to play all 4 versions of the Sims complete with add on data, Sonic the Hedgehog games through Steam and the fan made Sonic World.

Scholar
#6 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 1:28 AM
Hey I couldn't seem to find you, there are so many people using that name it's hard to find just the right one. If you want to send me a contact request search for either villehim666 or live:villehim666 (don't worry the 666 part means nothing to me, it just went well with the rest of the name). I should come up in the list as Max.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 5:43 AM
Thanks, haywud for the contact.

I have changed models in number for my SkyTech ArchAngel and decided to save for the $1,400 model with a burner for BD-Rs.

I have the idea of the model of bike. A Schwinn, white, built for women. The accessories include two baskets on the rear and one on the handle bars. The safety gear includes LED lighting powered by AAA batteries and a proper helmet.

Guess I have it basically planned out.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Thanks for the nice assumption. I am starting to use Skype. Just got set up.

You should add me on skype too! Me and Haywud talk on skype all the time, ask him for my username

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge