Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 3:57 AM
Default Fan Video Game Reviews: Sonic World
Today, I am reviewing a Sonic the Hedgehog games made by and for fans of the series overall.

It's called Sonic World, which is a customizable Sonic games that features staple, returning, cult favorite and one timer characters complete with audio provided by the original actors via samples for characters like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and fan voiceovers for characters who did not make the jump to the Modern era of Sonic games.

When you start the game and are to play a level, you have the option to play as a single character, a pair or a team of three a la Sonic Heroes. When in team selection, you can choose premade teams, make a custom team with the 20+ characters in the collective, or a random team will be assembled if Random is chosen.

As of Release 6, the fourth option is Chao World, where you can raise Chao in a beautiful in a disorderly arrangement garden. I'll cover this later.

The game is easy to mod by following the group's instructions.

The levels that come with it are interesting, like the Tokyo Street level has an ad for Sweet Red Bean Pepsi on the building.

There are more levels that can be downloaded from the blog, just keep in mind that it has to correspond with the release version you have.

Like many Sonic games that use Rings as in-game currency, this currency is used to buy care items and eggs for Chao you can raise in the Chao Garden. The concept was introduced in 1998 in the Japanese release of Sonic Adventure and brought to the rest of the gaming world in 1999 upon the September 9, 1999 release. It was found in a few games but eventually was phased out to move stories along.

Feeding the Chao fruit from trees native to the garden or bought from the black market vendor helps improve their skill stats. Eggs are sold for those who like a little color to their garden.

Giving the Chao the drives (which resemble glow sticks) from robots you smashed in the levels you completed also boost the stats by one segment.

Chao can compete in two kinds of games, the former being obstacle course races and the later is a mashup between karate and sumo wrestling. Depending on the course in the races and your Chao's stats, this determines the outcome.

The levels in this game have wildly dramatic variances in difficulties.

Although I had very little time to play it through...if you're up for a challenge, try it out.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)