Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2010 at 8:40 PM
Default An honest question for Vedic
Quote: Originally posted by Vedic
I follow the pure words of Jesus but I don't read the bible. It would be nice to take some association with some devotees!

Take care everyone!

I have tried to find a way to ask this that doesn't sound argumentative, and I don't mean it to be...

How are you following the words of Jesus without reading them?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th May 2010 at 6:12 PM
Well...I think you can hear the bible without having to read it yourself and in that way follow Jesus, but that's a really easy way to become manipulated. Usually pastors are trustworthy but I think it's better to read it for yourself. I think it's important to see the context the words are in and not just think "well the majority of people seem to think Jesus meant this when he said that."
Although to be honest I've only read Luke and bits and pieces of the other gospels. I've never read the bible all the way through but I want to some day.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:00 AM
Just don't get bogged down in Leviticus and quit. Or when everything gets repeated with a few minor changes in Deuteronomy.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 1:54 PM
I'm actually the same way. (Thought I was the only one. Yay, I'm not!) I'm a Christian and love God and Jesus, yet I don't read the Bible. I mean, I've tried... a lot. It just gets boring when you get to reading the list of names of [person's name here]'s many children and blah blah blah. I know that makes me sound rude, but I'm being honest. I tend to lose interest, and focus, somewhat easily. x//x; When I think about it though, I tried reading the Bible years ago. Maybe I should try again, now that I'm older. =/ *shrug*
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th May 2011 at 6:01 AM
Indeed, you should try again. And when you are reaching some parts when you find it boring, just pass that text and continue the reading. That way, you won't give up in reading the Scriptures, which is the main need for a christian. God bless you!
Theorist
#6 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitTM
I'm actually the same way. (Thought I was the only one. Yay, I'm not!) I'm a Christian and love God and Jesus, yet I don't read the Bible. I mean, I've tried... a lot. It just gets boring when you get to reading the list of names of [person's name here]'s many children and blah blah blah. I know that makes me sound rude, but I'm being honest. I tend to lose interest, and focus, somewhat easily. x//x; When I think about it though, I tried reading the Bible years ago. Maybe I should try again, now that I'm older. =/ *shrug*

Don't read the list of names then. If you don't know nor understand the Bible, how are you going to rebut or defend your faith when an atheist/skeptic tries to question or mislead you with wrong Biblical quotes?