Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Update Jan 17/20: Seasons Automatic Lot Based Weather Control

by Sophie-David Posted 23rd Feb 2014 at 2:39 AM - Updated 18th Jan 2020 at 2:08 AM by Sophie-David : The Rocks of Perpetual Recolours no longer override the Transport Urn default texture.

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 4:52 AM
Very neat idea I normally use the aspiration reward to keep my weather in check when I need it, but that takes space and looks out of place, so I am sure there are loooots of people out there that will love this
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 5:19 AM
OMGoodness! A real weather rock! We have one in RL, but it's calibrated to the BIL's farm in Michigan; we live in Florida... So, it's not very accurate I can't wait to load this in my game and try it out! YAY!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 6:13 AM
Brilliant, as usual!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 5:02 PM
Good stuff! I'm tempted to use the one for hail/firestorm on Alpha Base, a space colony..hmm..hope the inhabitants have steel helmets!

Great work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 11:00 PM
Thanks! I totally needed this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 2:46 AM
What an intriguing idea. This has so many possibilities my mind boggles. I have a holiday destination that I'd like to have permanently snowy and was wondering if these wonderful objects will work on community lots?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 12:41 PM
Well...you've inspired several new lot creations from me now and made my download folder weep. I love you for it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 5:18 PM
Oh wow, this is amazing! There's totally going to be a chance of firestorms when visit the ruins on Twikki Island now.
Theorist
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 4:28 AM
Thank you all for the encouragment!
Quote: Originally posted by Simgirlsam
What an intriguing idea. This has so many possibilities my mind boggles. I have a holiday destination that I'd like to have permanently snowy and was wondering if these wonderful objects will work on community lots?
Yes these will work on all lots. I too wanted a snow controller that would work automatically when visiting a snowy community lot in an arctic vacation neighbourhood. The other reason I started this project was to have the possibility of no weather at all on my underground (under the mountain) lots.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 11:42 AM
By the buddha, i can force firestorm for my wizards without weather controller. Thanks a lot :D

Does force firestorm work on community lots likes the others ?
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 4:54 PM
You're welcome. Yes, all the controllers, including the firestorm, will work automatically on all lots. The only difference with firestorms is that you might want to have several controllers spaced around the lot so as to spread the firestorm effect around. These could be all firestorm controllers if you want firestorms on the lot all the time, or a mixture with other controllers (such as Seasonal) if you want a lesser chance of firestorms.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 2:38 AM
This is awesome! In what folder do they appear in?
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 2:40 AM
Thank you. They all appear in Build Mode/Garden Center/Shrubs.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 7:40 PM
(Why isn't this a Picked Upload?) Ah, I always wanted to have perpetual snow on some lots. This is so much better than the weather machine. And there's nothing like a good rainstorm when you need one.
Thank you, David!
Lama
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Feb 2014 at 8:30 PM
You're welcome and thank you Lady Lama.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 2:28 AM
You rock Sophie-David!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 12:00 AM
Wonderful as always! Thanks for great additions to our gameplay.
Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 6:58 AM
Thank you for the encouragement, Flarz and twerplina.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:28 AM
Thank you!!! I am sick to death of having to use the achievement award to get the results I want! I have a few winter themed lots and it never snows when I want it to so this is perfect!
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 2:49 AM
Great! Glad you like it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 6:10 PM
Doesnt work on Sims 2, it says only Display dark something like tht ONLY
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArminWoozen
Doesnt work on Sims 2, it says only Display dark something like tht ONLY
Although this upload is basegame compatible, the controllers are only functional for weather control if Seasons is installed. Without Seasons there is no weather.

However, the menu option to Display Shadows or Hide Shadows around the shrub or rock controller is a purely cosmetic one, and available even without Seasons.

BTW, welcome to the MTS community!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 4:36 PM
Awesome, as always, David!
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 6:16 PM
Thanks you Rugs, that is very kind.
Page 1 of 3