Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Trashamatic Garbage Disposal & Dishwasher

by Sophie-David Posted 1st Aug 2011 at 6:04 PM - Updated 13th Jul 2016 at 8:04 PM by Sophie-David : Added cheat mode menu

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 6:25 PM
OK to just make sure i got this. All of these are self emptying? and if you use a custom one for the trash compactor you can delete the trash bin outside the house? I thought that was a no no.

Great job though I've been wondering if there were ever going to be some self emptying trash bins and this fits my need.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 7:19 PM
Thanks so much! I've been looking everywhere for one of these
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
OK to just make sure i got this. All of these are self emptying? and if you use a custom one for the trash compactor you can delete the trash bin outside the house? I thought that was a no no.

Great job though I've been wondering if there were ever going to be some self emptying trash bins and this fits my need.
Yes, all Trashamatics are self-emptying, and any one of them can replace the galvanized trash can that is at the sidewalk.

Yes, provided you have somewhere else for the Sims to put trash you can delete the default trash can without consequences. Medieval enthusiasts were using Ye Olde Cooper's Trash Barrel in this way before I released the Default Replacement set.

Also, the default trash bin or one of the Trashamatics can be placed at any accessible location on the lot, not necessarily on the street.
RETROTROUT
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 7:53 AM
I love this download :D
Scholar
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 9:25 AM
Ha, I thought I recognized this from somewhere... Great to also have a modern version of those Barrels

Quote:
Caution: Sims may surprise you by placing something in either of the Custom Trashamatics where that object will be destroyed immediately. It is therefore a good idea to pay attention to the Sims actions around these special objects, if you do not want to lose something valuable. In practice, the particular placement of either Trashamatic relative to other usable surfaces can usually guide which type of objects the Sims will automatically trash.

I'd like that to be examplified. What exactly does "the particular placement ... relative to other usable surfaces" mean? Such a phrase is somewhat too generic and cryptic to mean much to me without ANY examples. What specifically gets destroyed when I place it where? I dread having to go figure all this out in-game...
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 2nd Aug 2011 at 6:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
Ha, I thought I recognized this from somewhere... Great to also have a modern version of those Barrels
Thank you for encouragement.

Actually the Trashamatics are based on the Cooper's Barrels in the same sense that the Cooper's Barrels are based on the Community Trash Can and Seasons planter. It took a lot of new coding to have garbage and dishes be recreated in the correct deletion slot and slowly destroyed in an ionizing field rather than instantly vanishing - to say nothing of the new meshing, mapping and texturing.

Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
I'd like that to be examplified. What exactly does "the particular placement ... relative to other usable surfaces" mean? Such a phrase is somewhat too generic and cryptic to mean much to me without ANY examples. What specifically gets destroyed when I place it where? I dread having to go figure all this out in-game...
Three criteria must be met for the Trashamatic Custom to automatically destroy an object that is not normally considered to be trash:

1) It must be held in a Sim's hand
2) It must be placeable on a table
3) It must be reasonably convenient to a Sim

This last paramater tends to be rather variable, because I have seen Sims route to very inconvenient locations at times, especially if they have done it once before.

As an example, a baby is handheld, but is not placeable on a table, so therefore babies cannot be deposited in a Trashamatic. A nice roast turkey that is a serving for six is both handheld and placeable on a table, so potentially a Sim can deposit the whole freshly cooked serving dish of prize turkey directly in a Trashamatic Custom!

However, if the Trashamatic Custom is out on the street somewhere and there are convenient table or counter slots available in the kitchen, chances are slim that a Sim will walk all the way out to the street to place the turkey in the Trashamatic table slot - but it is not impossible.

To reduce the potential for accidents I would suggest that an under-counter Trashamatic 3000 located in the kitchen as the garbage disposal/dishwasher be a Standard model rather than a Custom - then your meals are safe from deletion accidents within the kitchen itself. However, Sims will still use the Trashamatic Standard when it is time to clean up plates that have been eaten from, or if you actually direct them to dispose of the turkey by menu command.

The difference between Standard and Custom is that Standard will always be targeted for normal trash and dish disposal, whereas the Custom will in addition be targeted by Sims looking for a place to put a handheld object.

Personally I rather like the bit of unpredictability involved in using a Custom - it makes for some interesting Karmic paybacks for the advantages of destroying bills and homework automatically. If you do not want to take this chance, use the Standard or Default models only.

Incidentally, all these remarks apply identically to the Barrels for Brigands vs the standard or default Cooper's trash barrels and buckets.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 1:54 AM
Combo appliance is very nifty, but my favorite bit is the sound. George in the pics makes me laugh. :D

I like the homework eating function, but not as an autonomous action. Don't want them doing stuff like that when I'm not looking, so if I get this, I'm making it non-autonomous.

What do you recommend for learning to change sound and add custom sounds?
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
What do you recommend for learning to change sound and add custom sounds?

I learned by looking at EA code. Its actually quite easy to add a built-in sound - only one setup is required, as follows:

Add a Sounds STR with an instance of 0x00004132
In this case the contents is
tele_ship_hover_loop

Then have a BHAV call Primitive 0x0017 to start the sound:
In this case the BHAV is Sub - Fade Out [DelObj] -
[prim 0x0017] Play / Stop Sound Event (Play "tele_ship_hover_loop" [Sound:0x00 (Private)],
source: Stack Object's 0x000B (object id),
auto vary: False,
sample rate: 0x0000,
volume: 0x00)

Adding another BHAV reference to Primitive 0x0017 stops the sound:
See BHAV Sub - End Delete Effects [StackObj] -
[prim 0x0017] Play / Stop Sound Event (Stop "tele_ship_hover_loop" [Sound:0x00 (Private)],
source: Stack Object's 0x000B (object id),
auto vary: False,
sample rate: 0x0000,
volume: 0x00)

That's it. Some sounds play once only so you do not need to stop the sound. But tele_ship_hover_loop is a sound loop so you do need to explicitly stop it.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 5:55 AM
Thanks! I assume to add a custom sound, rather than an EA sound, you need to make a new sound resource. Will need to see if SimPE can clone sound resources, and import sounds.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 7:11 PM
At this point I haven't used a custom sound, but there is this tutorial: Custom Sound for Sims2.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 1:51 AM
Thank you for brightening my day!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 3:10 AM
What a nice thing to say! You're welcome.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 9:15 PM
if you put a sim by draging it on the trash thing it disapears. to move a sim put in this cheatr code: moveobjects on, to disactivate: moveobjects off
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by buck0320
if you put a sim by draging it on the trash thing it disapears. to move a sim put in this cheatr code: moveobjects on, to disactivate: moveobjects off
Yes that's true! No harm done though, they're not dead. Residents will return to the lot upon reload - and they'll feel strangely refreshed.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 2:33 AM
This is absolutely brilliant, and will be of great use in my lots. Downloading post haste.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 3:20 AM
That's a great compliment - thanks for the encouragement Jason.

More recolours are on the way (I ran out of time last month).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 3:33 AM
Brilliant thank you so much!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Aug 2011 at 4:03 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 11th Sep 2011 at 4:52 PM.
You're welcome Cin77, thank you for your encouragement.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 12:41 PM
0_o These downloads are AWESOME!

Thanks
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 4:53 PM
Thank you Alister.
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 6:59 AM Last edited by Sophie-David : 5th Oct 2011 at 5:51 PM.
Default NPC Worker Bugfix: October 4, 2011
NPC Worker Bugfix: October 4, 2011

Please re-download sdTrashamatic.zip to fix the following issues:

1) NPC workers no longer continue to carry around duplicates of the trash or dishes that they just placed in the Trashamatic.

2) NPC workers no longer try to retrieve the object that they just placed in the Trashamatic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 3:18 AM
Woo Hoo!!! Thank you for sharing. :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#24 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 3:31 AM
You're welcome roband3ladies, I hope this works out for your sci-fi scenarios.
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 3:02 AM
Default Updated on March 2, 2014 to Add These Features:
1) The Custom (Cheater) Trashamatics now have a cheat mode menu so that the devices can be configured for "Trash All" (the original and default mode), "No Cheats", "Trash Bills" (only), "Trash Bills & Homework" (only), or "Trash Homework" (only).

2) All Trashamatics have been slightly reduced in size.
Page 1 of 2