Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Update Jan 17/20: Seasons Automatic Lot Based Weather Control

by Sophie-David Posted 23rd Feb 2014 at 2:39 AM - Updated 18th Jan 2020 at 2:08 AM by Sophie-David : The Rocks of Perpetual Recolours no longer override the Transport Urn default texture.

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 9th May 2018 at 2:10 PM Last edited by croiduire : 18th May 2018 at 2:31 PM. Reason: Glitch
Ridiculously late to the party here, but thank you so very, very much! I recently started playing Strangetown, and the wholly inappropriate rain was driving me crazy; I minimised my game to search for some way to stop the incessant downpours. See, I live in the Sonoran Desert; rain once or twice a year would be about right...maybe six roses and one hydrangea?

Editing to add:
I've run across a small problem. Any invisible recolours flash blue on the neighbourhood screen. They look fine in lot view, so I'm not too worried about it, but I thought you should know.
Theorist
Original Poster
#52 Old 20th May 2018 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
Ridiculously late to the party here, but thank you so very, very much! I recently started playing Strangetown, and the wholly inappropriate rain was driving me crazy; I minimised my game to search for some way to stop the incessant downpours. See, I live in the Sonoran Desert; rain once or twice a year would be about right...maybe six roses and one hydrangea?
Thank you for the encouragement, croiduire. I was having a similar frustration with lots that were supposed to be underground be impacted by rain and snow storms.
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
Editing to add:
I've run across a small problem. Any invisible recolours flash blue on the neighbourhood screen. They look fine in lot view, so I'm not too worried about it, but I thought you should know.
You're right, croiduire, I had not noticed the flashing in neighbourhood view problem. Hence we now have a new release:

BUGFIX May 20, 2018

Thanks to croiduire's bug report, this update corrects the error that was causing a hedge that is recoloured invisible to flash blue in neighbourhood view. For convenience, this release also includes the invisible rock recolour included in 100+ Tiny Filesize Transport Urn Recolours project.
Theorist
Original Poster
#53 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 2:06 AM
Update January 17, 2020

In the original release, the Greater & Lesser Rocks of Perpetual Flurries contained a GreyStone recolour that overrode the default recolour for the basegame Transport Urn object. In retrospect, I believe this was a poor design decision, and this Update corrects that. The built-in Greystone texture no longer overrides the Transport Urn default recolour. Instead some new code automatically recolours the Rocks of Perpetual Flurries to use the Greystone texture before the rocks are placed.

The one disadvantage to this new technique is that when the Rocks are first recoloured manually, they initially revert to the default master texture, instead of pointing to the Greystone. However, this inconvenience can be ignored and the Rocks can be recoloured in the usual way.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#54 Old 27th Jan 2020 at 11:05 AM
Thanks!It looks like it might help in homesteaders challenges.
Page 3 of 3