Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATE Sept. 29, 2019: Elaine's Enchanted Picture (Television)

by Sophie-David Posted 28th Nov 2007 at 8:13 AM - Updated 2nd Oct 2019 at 4:20 AM by Sophie-David : Sept. 2019 Update

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Theorist
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crimsonbutterfly
Finally, I was wondering why anyone hadn't done something like this.
Having wrestled with this project for over a month now I can see why! I do have a working recolourable version on my computer now - with a workaround that supports the video game system - but there are several other things I want to tidy up and test before posting.

Quote: Originally posted by crimsonbutterfly
I was settling for recolors I made of the wall tv. Thank so much.
You are welcome!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 10:14 AM
Works beautifully. I have had this for months now and I've found so many uses for it.
Theorist
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 9:19 PM
Thank you yorkiemum, I am delighted you have found it useful, and appreciate you getting back to me after having it in your game for a while.

I have since been doing extensive work on a closely related project which will allow me to substantially upgrade this one. I will be sure to let you know when Elaine's Enchanted Picture is updated.
Instructor
#29 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 2:06 AM
this is one of the downloads that just makes a medieval/fantasy hood work. All the beautiful dresses in the world can't create a good hood without the right furniture, and my Sims sometimes have the annoying habit of wishing for cars and tvs no matter how 12th century their surroundings are. Very stubborn! So, many thanks from me and my entertainment-starved Sims.
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 30th Mar 2008 at 3:54 AM
Thank you alchemist. Yes, its challenging to try and keep everything in period. This painting would be out of place in a peasant's home, but even the peasants were invited to the great halls (community lots?) sometimes.

I was quite excited to discover hexameter's recent NPC vehicle replacement series, and neighbourhood vehicle replacements too. They go a long way towards period authenticity.
Test Subject
#31 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 4:12 PM
This is REALLY great! I really love this poem, and missed having TV's in ancient homes. And noe I can! Thanks!

"So don't let me go it alone" - Josh Groban (Never Let Go)

"He felt the pain in the music
and stood up from the p iano,
but when he saw the moon
emergin from a cloud,
death also seemed sweeter to him." - Josh Groban (Caruso)
Theorist
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 5:42 PM
Thank you JGfan.

I regret that it is unlikely that I will ever upgrade this object as I had planned. I actually put an incredible amount of work in developing a technology that would allow for this object to be completely recolourable, and was succesful in doing so. However, I did not actually implement these discoveries in a finished form suitable for uploading because I kept adding additional features. At this point I have lost all interest in developing for the Sims, so sorry to say, but as this object is now, is likely as it will stay.
#33 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 12:15 AM
Would you be willing to upload the updated version it its current form, so someone else can take over development, and finish it?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 9:04 PM
No GOD, that wouldn't work well because the coding got quite complex, especially after adding some extra features to the object that relate to its function as a painting. The effort taken for someone else to sort it out would be better spent in just starting from scratch. And if I were to help someone in trying to figure out the object as it exists on my hard drive I may as well put the time into finishing it myself.

Actually I would not rule out me returning to Sim 2 projects but likely not to until late next year. There are more significant calls on my time and attention right now.
#35 Old 18th Nov 2008 at 1:32 AM
Ah well, no harm in asking. Thank you for taking time to reply. I`ve got the current version, and I guess that it will just have to suffice for now.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Forum Resident
#36 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 11:23 PM
Outstanding!

Thank you.
Test Subject
#37 Old 6th May 2010 at 5:07 AM
This is awesome! Thanks for creating and sharing, it's great to have finally found something to replace a TV in an old-fashioned home...it just doesn't feel quite right to have a Victorian or Art Nouveau house with a plasma TV!
Theorist
Original Poster
#38 Old 6th May 2010 at 3:20 PM
You're welcome!

I do hope to return to this project and release a fully recolourable version.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:46 PM
I'm late in finding this but I'm so glad I did. It's just the thing for my castle. Now the occupants can finally have a TV. Their kids kept going to friends' houses just to keep up with the latest! Thanks so much!!
Theorist
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twerplina
I'm late in finding this but I'm so glad I did. It's just the thing for my castle. Now the occupants can finally have a TV. Their kids kept going to friends' houses just to keep up with the latest! Thanks so much!!

You're welcome - I'm glad you are finding it useful.

I would also suggest the "Insane Sorcerer Crystal Ball TV by wintermuteai1" which is no longer available at MTS separately, but may be found as part of the custom content in most of StephSim's Gwyrch lot series.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 6:59 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I have looked at but haven't downloaded her lots (which I really like) because I don't have all the EPs necessary for them. But I can at least look to see which might have the TV you mentioned and download it to get the TV
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 2:43 PM
Thank you for creating this. I still play Sims 2 often and this is just what I need in my themed hoods.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#43 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 5:58 PM
You're welcome, starry.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 2:39 AM
I love the description! I acutally have the John William Waterhouse painting of the Lady of Shalott on the wall. ^^
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#45 Old 21st Nov 2011 at 5:36 PM
Sounds neat! We have Rossetti prints on our walls.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 14th May 2016 at 4:28 PM
Thank You
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 4:08 AM
Love it!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 11:35 PM
You're welcome, mrslott369 and salamanderer.
Theorist
Original Poster
#49 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 2:09 AM
UPDATE September 29th, 2019

1) The "Disenchant" menu option now disables autonomous television viewing, rather than disabling television use completely.

2) Fixed a bug with channel and movie selection.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#50 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 6:21 AM
Thanks!I'd love this for my BACC service center or an apartment lot.
Page 2 of 2