Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Increased Fame from Working Non-Actor jobs

by wildride Posted 6th Jul 2020 at 11:11 AM - Updated 9th Jul 2020 at 3:29 PM by wildride

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 12:42 PM
Thank you so much! I was trying to get my celebrity chef to actual celebrity status but it's pretty hard.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 1:49 PM
Wow, thats the mod i've been missing from my Mods folder
Im wondering if you could also make payout increase with star level? Or make something to force NPC celebrities to be shown as co-star in acting career? (they have a lead role in a movie, why are they not famous, EA?:P) Maybe you could do something with VIP rope to make celebrities actually use them and go to VIP rooms?

I have sooo many ideas but Im not a modder so I don't know if this can be done Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2020 at 4:14 PM
Just uploaded Version 2.

What this does is include a small gain to the careers not listed aside from Civil Engineering as I dont have Eco and think thats why I cant find those files in studio.
Includes ESports at Uni, Conservationist, Education, Engineering, Gardening, Military, Law.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 12:15 AM
Many thanks! Will be downloading this ASAP!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 3:25 AM
Whoa, didn't know I needed this! Dunno about giving Secret Agent of all careers boosted fame, though... I think it's said that a famous spy is a failed one, after all!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lazurite
Whoa, didn't know I needed this! Dunno about giving Secret Agent of all careers boosted fame, though... I think it's said that a famous spy is a failed one, after all!

If you read the notes, its [REDACTED], its my play on the Diamond Agent having no fame attributed to it. EA did not have any for it and I did not add any for it. The Villain branch however did, and I can accept that as lets face it the bond Villains were somewhat famous.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Jul 2020 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wildride
If you read the notes, its [REDACTED], its my play on the Diamond Agent having no fame attributed to it. EA did not have any for it and I did not add any for it. The Villain branch however did, and I can accept that as lets face it the bond Villains were somewhat famous.

Yeah, fair. I'm not gonna lie, the Diamond Agent part was a little unclear...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 12:51 PM
This is brilliant. I only wished it could be availlable for some custom careers too. My sim at the moment is a supermodel and the only way that i can reach the famous level is through the video station. Unfortunately I know that this is probably impossible. Sigh!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 3:17 PM
It wouldnt be too hard to add for them, in fact some may have already without trying. As most jobs already had the line of code in them for fame gain, it was just terribly small.

Ill put a note for career mod creators as to what they need to add.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 5:21 AM
Thank you for this mod.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wildride

i think you mean infamous
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 9:39 PM
Does this still work with patch 1.66.139.1020 ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 10:07 AM
Just passing thru to say that 1) this mod still works beautifully and 2) i never knew i needed it until i needed it. My sim hubby is a global superstar for his hard work as an Astronaut and he just received his tile. we placed it right next to Judith lol thank you for sharing!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 11:55 AM
Does this mod still work with the most recent patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 1:46 AM
How do I add the fame gain line to my career levels using a custom career I created in Simneia beta tool & S4pe?
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:45 PM
Hi there, this mod is broken unfortunately, i've kept getting a mcc last exception error since the latest update (November 2020 patch) and by process of elimination of all my other mods it's this one which I've found to be broken.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 10:02 PM
can you update it?