Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 6:19 AM
Default Adding More Names to the Default Name List
Hi there, hopefully this is the right place to ask this it didn't seem right to just post it over in the general discussions since it related to modding, but feel free to scold me if it doesn't go here

So I've been working on my own name replacement mod for the past week ish, gathered all my names and am replacing the templates now. But I only got 782 surnames because there was no way I could get the whole 3,000+ and have them all be ones I liked, BUT I did get all 1000+ female and male first names.
But I was just thinking, it seemed weird to me to have multiples of the surnames but only one of each first name. Usually irl you'll have like a Joe Smith and a Joe Johnson but not a Sam Williams and a Frank Williams idk if that makes sense.

But I really like all the first names I chose so I'd hate to have to get rid of some in order to duplicate them, and so I was curious if say you could have more than the 1037 male names and 1010 female names, and if so how I'd go about the random letter number things the template has (0xAC066484FAA337E7 etc).

Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 11:49 AM
Heya! 

Looking at the code that gets the sim's name, really all it does is "Hey I need a name, let's just grab one from the STBL list". So the amount of names really doesn't matter, as long as there is any  

From the looks of it though, the S3PE tool doesn't indeed give you the chance to add/delete any STBL. So this would probably help: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=489424

Hopefully this helps!