Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Food Interactions (Update 13th March 2024)

by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2024 at 6:55 PM by TheFoodGroup : New Resources

1033 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 821 Feedback Posts, 211 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 42
Test Subject
#101 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 10:40 PM Last edited by mewmewmiku : 10th Jul 2016 at 12:31 AM.
Default Good but...
I download the most recent versions, and the custom food does show up, but sometime halfway through cooking the interaction will be canceled and the sims will wave their arms around complaining there isn't enough space. The Chocolate Pudding works fine as so the Fruit Salad. But the Maki Sushi plus other sushi sets has this problem. I have not uploaded to the latest patches, is this possibly a reason why i'm having this error?
Icy Spicy
#102 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mewmewmiku
I download the most recent versions, and the custom food does show up, but sometime halfway through cooking the interaction will be canceled and the sims will wave their arms around complaining there isn't enough space. The Chocolate Pudding works fine as so the Fruit Salad. But the Maki Sushi plus other sushi sets has this problem. I have not uploaded to the latest patches, is this possibly a reason why i'm having this error?

You do require the Dine out patch( Not the GP,just the patch) as it changed the recipe files quite a lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 7:42 PM
I'm patched to the most current patch and the files I have downloaded for the Sushi and the Tempura & aren't in any folder except for the Sims 4/Mods/ folder. I have the Custom Interactions v1.6 downloaded and also in the Mods folder, yet it's still not working for me? >: I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I've missed. Usually with a little work and reading the comments, I can find out why but it seems like I just might be missing something. The Custom Meal pie option shows up and everything, it's just the food that won't.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 11:59 PM
Ltayana make sure your cc and script mods are checked in options, and you should also delete the localthumbcache.package before starting.

I did not see anything in the patch today that should have affected this, but the team will let us know.
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 8:13 PM
Custom Food Interaction v1.6 and custom food recipes by me and icemunmun work fine with the latest patch (PC Version 1.21.32.1020 / Mac Version 1.21.32.1220). Those recipes by plasticbox works at home, but need to be updated to appear on the restaurant menu.

@LTatyana, I read your comment several times to make sure I didn't miss anything. And I really can't tell what keeps you from using the recipes. All I can say is to delete cache files and make sure there is no duplicates in the Mods folder.
Test Subject
#106 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 1:54 PM
Hi,
I'm getting a error with all custom food where they stop cooking the food on the stove and can't finish the meal??? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 16th Jul 2016 at 3:30 PM Last edited by ohmysims : 17th Jul 2016 at 4:26 PM.
Hi, @SamCarr21, the troubleshooting below may help.

1. Halfway through cooking the interaction will be canceled and the sims will wave their arms around complaining there isn't enough space.
>>>> Make sure your game version is up to date. It should be at least PC Version 1.20.60.1020 / Mac Version 1.20.60.1220 (the Dine Out patch.)

2. I updated my game, but [Cook Custom Meal] interaction still won't show up from stoves/fridges.
>>>> Make sure your custom interaction script is also the latest version.
>>>> The ts4script file can go only one layer deep with folders by default. In other words, it should be either,

\Sims 4\Mods\mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions.ts4script, or
\Sims 4\Mods\Subfolder\mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions.ts4script

3. I can see certain food only on the menu.
>>>> Each recipe requires certain cooking level. If your sim doesn't have enough skill, some recipes won't appear!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 2:08 PM
When the sims updated a day or two ago my game wouldnt play, and i narrowed it down to the custom foods folder i have. that folder does not include the mod itself, but just the foods themselves. How to fix this? (Also, do some foods only appear when youre on a certain cooking level? Because before this update, the only food I can see is the one with a little octopus on it, i forget the name. Thanks.) (Also I've never commented here before and I have no idea if I'm doing this right haha)
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SOFTWATERCOLOUR
When the sims updated a day or two ago my game wouldnt play, and i narrowed it down to the custom foods folder i have. that folder does not include the mod itself, but just the foods themselves. How to fix this? (Also, do some foods only appear when youre on a certain cooking level? Because before this update, the only food I can see is the one with a little octopus on it, i forget the name. Thanks.) (Also I've never commented here before and I have no idea if I'm doing this right haha)

The script and recipes should be compatible to the patch version 1.21. Please check other mods first, and if the problem still persists, please let me know which food you installed so I can take a look.

And yes, some dishes require certain cooking level. So, just like EA recipes, some custom recipes won't appear on the menu until sims reach the required skill As of my custom food, the sushi set requires cooking level 3. No skill is required for the rest.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
The strings:

[0]: Key 0xBE4CF59C, Flags 0x00 : Cook Custom Meal
[1]: Key 0x95FB68D1, Flags 0x00 : Have Dessert
[2]: Key 0x9D2E413B, Flags 0x00 : Serve Dessert

Thank you but I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do with that. I've only done strings translations for the sims 3 so how does that work ? I remember I'd dowload a file with all the quotes, replace them with the French version and then send it back to the creator to be added.
I'm not sure I understand what your keys are or anything...
Icy Spicy
#111 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cinthila
Thank you but I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do with that. I've only done strings translations for the sims 3 so how does that work ? I remember I'd dowload a file with all the quotes, replace them with the French version and then send it back to the creator to be added.
I'm not sure I understand what your keys are or anything...

Its basically the same as Sims 3.You can simply translate the English strings and post it here.I will update the strings. Or you can follow This Tutorial .The tutorial has a lot of info about stbl and translations!
Test Subject
#112 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 11:06 PM
i was wondering if anybody noticed that sims are constantly cooking Japanese food.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elishanight08
i was wondering if anybody noticed that sims are constantly cooking Japanese food.

Like the quote says below, that is a known issue :/ I will discuss with the Food Group members about this. But as for now, the only possible solution seems to be adding more custom food to lower the probability that sims cook certain food only.

The food obsession is a known issue...Plasticbox has somewhat explained it Here and Here >Hope that clarifies things a bit!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#114 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 12:07 AM
Hello. Thank for adding me.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 7:08 PM
Its basically the same as Sims 3.You can simply translate the English strings and post it here.I will update the strings. Or you can follow This Tutorial .The tutorial has a lot of info about stbl and translations!

Ok perfect so here you go :

[0]: Key 0xBE4CF59C, Flags 0x00 : Cuisiner un repas personnalisé
[1]: Key 0x95FB68D1, Flags 0x00 : Prendre un dessert
[2]: Key 0x9D2E413B, Flags 0x00 : Servir un dessert
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:21 PM
Thank you for the link to the tutorial on how to translate strings.

I would have another question though. I started dabbling with recipes this weekend and tried to create croissants which can be prepared at a normal stove. Basically the recipe works, I just haven't figured out how to create the dropdown menu which allows you to choose between cooking a single, medium or large portion of food. Currently the single portion is shown in the menu and my test-sim will randomly cook one of the available sizes. Looking at the recipes from the game I can't figure out, what I missed. Do any of you have an idea what I might have done wrong?
Field Researcher
#117 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 11:01 PM
Hello Anska_Stormblade. If you follow or saw my tut at sims 4 studio from custom food for a microwave. Yes its missing some date because recipes for stove differs. First you need to have your medium and large versions of the recipes and the single one of course. I see that you finish the single version. You need to link this single recipe on the large and medium version where its says something like base recipe on the recipes codes. Also you need to use a custom stove to link all the sizes of the recipes to work. In stove_startcrafting this is where you link all the recipes sizes in the recipes area and later test if works. Or send me a message with your package so i can dissect it and see what missing and send the results.

If you want I can talk to the other members of the group and later can add your recipe to the iteractions.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 1:13 AM
@Anska_Stormblade, the medium and large recipes have to be linked to the single one. Find the code below in both medium and large recipes and change the base recipe to the tuning ID of your single serving recipe.

Code:
  <T n="_retail_price">203</T>
  <T n="autonomy_weight">1</T>
  <T n="available_in_restaurant">False</T>
  <V t="enabled" n="base_recipe">
  <T n="enabled">14837598925386092224<!--ohmysims:recipe_Food_Homestyle_SushiNigiri-Single--></T>
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 10:42 AM
@ohmysims and @necrodog thanks to both of you for replying. The missing line Ohmysims mentioned did the trick, and the drop-down menu is working fine now. Also thank you very much for the dissection-offer, necrodog. I'll gladly come back to it in time, because there still is a bunch of things about the recipe-xmls that I don't quite understand yet - for example I haven't yet understood the point of the sim data xml which the S4S always extracts along when I extract a recipe tuning.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#120 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 11:58 AM
Could be done the mod without ingredients needs?
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
Could be done the mod without ingredients needs?

@catalina_45, ingredient requirement is controlled by each recipe, not this interaction script. So I'd recommend you to directly ask to the creator(s) of certain recipes that require ingredients. Btw, as far as I know, ingredients are optional for all the recipes currently available, except for those by plasticbox. But they are on a hiatus now...
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anska_Stormblade
for example I haven't yet understood the point of the sim data xml which the S4S always extracts along when I extract a recipe tuning.

@Anska_Stormblade, sim data xml (at least for food recipes) is required for the food to show up in the restaurant menu. So the name, recipe_tags, and restaurant_menu_icon_definition, etc must match with the values in the single recipe. (Sim Data for medium, large recipes are not needed. You can simply delete them.)

Also, S4S doesn't (yet?) automatically change the name and Instance of Sim Data to match with those of the single recipe. So the values have to be changed manually. If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me
Forum Resident
#123 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 3:10 PM Last edited by catalina_45 : 27th Jul 2016 at 4:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ohmysims
@catalina_45, ingredient requirement is controlled by each recipe, not this interaction script. So I'd recommend you to directly ask to the creator(s) of certain recipes that require ingredients. Btw, as far as I know, ingredients are optional for all the recipes currently available, except for those by plasticbox. But they are on a hiatus now...

The package (not the script) has inside recipe. I saw this line
<T n="use_ingredients_default_value">True</T>
All are made by pbox...
A asked to disable ingredients...

Edit: could I delete the pbox resource from package? It will remain only the new suport for custom pizza...
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 6:08 PM Last edited by ohmysims : 27th Jul 2016 at 10:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
Edit: could I delete the pbox resource from package? It will remain only the new suport for custom pizza...
@catalina_45, You can change the True to False.
Code:
<V t="enabled" n="use_ingredients">
    <U n="enabled">
      <T n="all_ingredients_required">True</T>
EDIT: I updated the Margherita Pizza to be Dine Out compatible, and added some new features. You can download it HERE.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 2:10 PM
Hi there Ohmysims. I haven't heard back from you since I posted the French language strings. I looked at the download page and I can't see if you uploaded it or not. Is it available ?
Cheers
Page 5 of 42