Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Food Interactions (Update 19th March 2024)

by TheFoodGroup Posted 20th Jan 2016 at 2:30 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2024 at 11:11 AM by TheFoodGroup : New Resources

1033 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 821 Feedback Posts, 211 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 31 of 42
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#751 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 7:04 PM
Are ohmysims's custom foods usable with the new update? I'm so glad to see my favorite mod got updated!
Icy Spicy
#752 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brooke1995
hi im getting the same le error from the script & it keeps crashing my game please help

Can you send me the LE ?
Icy Spicy
#753 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Genji Takaya
Are ohmysims's custom foods usable with the new update? I'm so glad to see my favorite mod got updated!

I am not sure if they still work since OMS has not been around to update for a very long time. Use them with caution. Most likely they are outdated
Test Subject
#754 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Do you have any other mods altering the fridge/stove/recipes ? Do you get the menu option with the fork-knife icon (see attached picture) and nothing under it when clicked ?

@raspberryglance Can you check in a fresh save without any other mods +/- MCCC. That would be very helpful as I cant reproduce this in my game and this will help narrow down whether there is any conflict or not.

@icemunmun I actually don't have any other mods affecting gameplay at all. Only this, the custom drink interaction and then recipes and harvestables (all from you). Oh and the chicken coop!
I tried it and the exact same thing happened.
It works on microwave, put I don't have any custom quick meals downloaded so no options showed. BUT I noticed in my regular save that when I clicked on the high chair the custom food interaction worked, with all the recipes I downloaded. But obviously it only "places" the food and they don't cook it which is not really what I'm after. The custom drink interaction has always worked fine, if that is of any interest, as have the harvestables. I'm attaching pictures (accidentally did it with a sims with low level cooking skill but it's the same as with a maxed out one). 1. Fridge: nothing happens. 2. Stove: nothing happens. 3. Microwave: The menu shows up (but I have no quick meals downloaded). 4. High Chair: Menu shows and and food places fine.
Do you think I should I delete the mod and re-install it? I wasn't sure if that was a good idea or if anything would be messed up.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, I'm so thankful because this mod has me incredibly excited!
Screenshots
Icy Spicy
#755 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raspberryglance
@icemunmun I actually don't have any other mods affecting gameplay at all. Only this, the custom drink interaction and then recipes and harvestables (all from you). Oh and the chicken coop!
I tried it and the exact same thing happened.
It works on microwave, put I don't have any custom quick meals downloaded so no options showed. BUT I noticed in my regular save that when I clicked on the high chair the custom food interaction worked, with all the recipes I downloaded. But obviously it only "places" the food and they don't cook it which is not really what I'm after. The custom drink interaction has always worked fine, if that is of any interest, as have the harvestables. I'm attaching pictures (accidentally did it with a sims with low level cooking skill but it's the same as with a maxed out one). 1. Fridge: nothing happens. 2. Stove: nothing happens. 3. Microwave: The menu shows up (but I have no quick meals downloaded). 4. High Chair: Menu shows and and food places fine.
Do you think I should I delete the mod and re-install it? I wasn't sure if that was a good idea or if anything would be messed up.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, I'm so thankful because this mod has me incredibly excited!

Can you delete the mod altogether and then re-download and install from here and see if it works - http://simfileshare.net/folder/60125/

Its a really weird glitch which has been reported by 3 other people but majority of people say that it is working fine for them
Test Subject
#756 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 10:36 PM
Can you delete the mod altogether and then re-download and install from here and see if it works - http://simfileshare.net/folder/60125/

Its a really weird glitch which has been reported by 3 other people but majority of people say that it is working fine for them

I tried it, restarted my computer and all that but it's still the exact same issue. It's so strange that it shows up in the high chair and microwave but not for the fridge or stove. And I've tried it with both base game appliances and cc. Thank you so much for helping me though! If you ever find out what the issue is and/or how to fix it I'd love to know.
Icy Spicy
#757 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 10:55 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 29th Oct 2019 at 11:37 PM.
I tried it, restarted my computer and all that but it's still the exact same issue. It's so strange that it shows up in the high chair and microwave but not for the fridge or stove. And I've tried it with both base game appliances and cc. Thank you so much for helping me though! If you ever find out what the issue is and/or how to fix it I'd love to know.

One last thing - savagepoetry says ( look a few posts up - post no. 802) that they could get the menu to show once they removed the pumpkin stuff ( which is also really weird). You can try that! I will keep an eye out about this issue.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#758 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 7:05 AM
I've been looking for this mod for a long time ,thanks ~~~~~~
Test Subject
#759 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 9:49 PM
Hey, thanks for your awesome work. I've noticed with the latest update, the open interaction on refrigerator is gone. I removed both the food and drink mod and the option returned. I just thought I'll report it to you. Again thanks.
Icy Spicy
#760 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tmorris
Hey, thanks for your awesome work. I've noticed with the latest update, the open interaction on refrigerator is gone. I removed both the food and drink mod and the option returned. I just thought I'll report it to you. Again thanks.

In my game the open interaction is buried deep within sub menus....but I will check again and see if its missing.
Test Subject
#761 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 11:27 PM
Hey..I have recently updated all my harvestables and food ( including all the pumpkin stuff)...can you try with the new versions ?

can someone please help
nothing is coming up
Test Subject
#762 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 6:08 AM
[QUOTE=icemunmun]In my game the open interaction is buried deep within sub menus....but I will check again and see if its missing.[/

The Jambalaya file was the cause of it. Thanks.
Test Subject
#763 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 10:40 AM
One last thing - savagepoetry says ( look a few posts up - post no. 802) that they could get the menu to show once they removed the pumpkin stuff ( which is also really weird). You can try that! I will keep an eye out about this issue.

Hi!
I finally got it to work yesterday! My game kept freezing and glitching and a black box showed up on my lot so I figured it was cc/mods that didn't work since the latest update. I removed everything and re-installed the updates (which I had done countless times), disabled scrip mods, started new save files and all that stuff. I also deleted the chicken coup but was too lazy to check if there was an update. Then suddenly when I went to play it worked. I had already removed the pumpkin stuff prior to asking for your help so it wasn't that. I did however remove the Jambalaya when I saw the edit that it wasn't working.
I still have no idea if it was the chicken coup, jambalaya or something completely different that made it work but I'm happy it did!

Thanks @icemunmun for spending time helping me! This mod is just as great as I thought it was going to be.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#764 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 8:52 PM
Hello
Does this work with the latest Patch 1.58?
Icy Spicy
#765 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 11:30 AM
Hi!
I finally got it to work yesterday! My game kept freezing and glitching and a black box showed up on my lot so I figured it was cc/mods that didn't work since the latest update. I removed everything and re-installed the updates (which I had done countless times), disabled scrip mods, started new save files and all that stuff. I also deleted the chicken coup but was too lazy to check if there was an update. Then suddenly when I went to play it worked. I had already removed the pumpkin stuff prior to asking for your help so it wasn't that. I did however remove the Jambalaya when I saw the edit that it wasn't working.
I still have no idea if it was the chicken coup, jambalaya or something completely different that made it work but I'm happy it did!

Thanks @icemunmun for spending time helping me! This mod is just as great as I thought it was going to be.

It is definitely the Jambalaya! The chicken coop received an update on 6th october and is working with the latest Uni update! Glad you got it to work
Icy Spicy
#766 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by unnoticed
Hello
Does this work with the latest Patch 1.58?

Yep..its working with the latest patch
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#767 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 11:58 PM
Icemunmum,

Thank you for your quick response. It took a fresh download but it does seem to be working now.

Thank you!
Test Subject
#768 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 1:41 AM
I keep getting an LE, like 6 times when i load my university housing.
Exception during call to test method on <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.ohmysims:si_VenueFridge_BuySnackAutonomously'> (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'immediate')
Test Subject
#769 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 6:36 PM
Hi, I keep getting the previous problem mentioned, the menu will not pop up (fridge only) I deleted a jambalaya and pumpkin stuff. I do have the menu expander bu Lenaid and Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul
Icy Spicy
#770 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by danasims3
I keep getting an LE, like 6 times when i load my university housing.
Exception during call to test method on <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.ohmysims:si_VenueFridge_BuySnackAutonomously'> (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'immediate')

Do you have any foods by ohmysims ? They have not been updated for a long time. Does your university housing have a venue fridge ?

Quote: Originally posted by McSpanky
Hi, I keep getting the previous problem mentioned, the menu will not pop up (fridge only) I deleted a jambalaya and pumpkin stuff. I do have the menu expander bu Lenaid and Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul

Hey can you try without those mods ? Also can you find the recipes under the individual EA Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert menu ?
Test Subject
#771 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 9:25 PM
Do you have any foods by ohmysims ? They have not been updated for a long time. Does your university housing have a venue fridge ?

Hey can you try without those mods ? Also can you find the recipes under the individual EA Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert menu ?

I found the problem, there was an old version of a recipe buried in my folder
Test Subject
#772 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 8:10 PM

Yes I do. Deleted them. It's one of the EA made venues so no idea. It happens when i spawn in the "common area" lots.
I will let you know if it happens again now that i deleted my outdated food.
Test Subject
#773 Old 13th Jan 2020 at 7:26 AM Last edited by BeckyRAT : 13th Jan 2020 at 10:27 AM.
Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and didn't have Mods with scripts on... ugh.

Any chance any Ohmysims Mods will get updated though? They're the only person that made sushi and other Japanese styled meals. :/
Test Subject
#774 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 2:05 AM Last edited by WeirdlyUnique : 22nd Jan 2020 at 3:24 AM.
Bro, all of the foods and drinks I installed are all greyed out. They're all updated and full of the ingredients, but when I hover over, it says "no counter space available". There's barely anything on. I even tried re-purchasing them, the stove, and fridge. I didn't place the script folder in the "Tray" folder, but in "Mods".
Help!

Edit: Somehow, the new update fixed it.
Icy Spicy
#775 Old 21st Jan 2020 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WeirdlyUnique
Bro, all of the foods and drinks I installed are all greyed out. They're all updated and full of the ingredients, but when I hover over, it says "no counter space available". There's barely anything on. I even tried re-purchasing them, the stove, and fridge. I didn't place the script folder in the "Tray" folder, but in "Mods".
Help!

Make sure you have enough empty counters! Do you have scumbumbo's mod ? That may cause this issue
Page 31 of 42