Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 3:29 AM
oily skin for sims?
i tried to make a relfective skin in order to make it look like those skin's model from other games but..it failed...i tried to read the txm tutorial but I failed egain...
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/glori/Downloads/images.jpg[/IMG]
https://www.facebook.com/XxYuukiiAs...82415141951023/
is there an easy tutorial in order to help me fix the txm file? cause my sim head look shinny but green and only the head is shiny while the rest of the body of my sim still have normal skin :/ can somoene help me?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 12:10 PM
Skins have three parts - head, face and body. Make sure you change all of the TXMTs belonging to the age/gender you're changing. It's not enough to change just one.

The green color probably comes from changing the wrong number.

I think it's mainly reflectivity and stdMatSpecPower (usually set to 2 for skins) that controls shininess. StdMatDiffCoef controls color, so you'll want to stay clear of that one (should be 1,1,1,1 for skins). A little bit unsure of stdMatSpecCoef - it's usually set to 0.099,0.099,0.099 in clothes and skins.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 10:02 PM
The method explained in this tutorial (and Exploring the TXMT part 2) uses an EnvCube to get the shine/reflectivity effect. If this is what you tried, you'll also want to look at your green head's material and make sure the three values in 'stdMatEnvCubeCoef' are equal. These might be the wrong numbers Simmer22 pointed out.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 10:56 AM
Skins use a different shader than objects, so you'd need to sort that out, too.

The best would probably be to find another skin that does something similar to what you want to do, then look at the TXMTs and what's been done to the shader or if an envcube has been added, and basically copy it over, doing adjustments if there's something you're not happy with.

CAS items usually have the SimSkin (skin, anything overlaying skin like clothes, makeup, etc.) or SimStandardMaterial shader (anything not overlaying skin - accessories, anything with an alpha texture, extra clothing groups, hair, etc.), found in the cMaterialDefinition tab in the TXMT. Not sure if skins work with the SimStandardMaterial shader (special cases like invisible/ghost, maybe? Haven't checked).

I know about some ghost skintones, and some invisible ones, but they usually affect clothes, too. Can't think of any shiny regular skins.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 7:07 PM
I found the ones from the reference image. They use SimStandardMaterial with an EnvCube. Though the 'Shiny' versions don't seem to be set up properly. You might find it easier to clone and edit one of them, since the EnvCube stuff will already be set up.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 7:42 PM
^ That's usually a problem with adding effects to skins. Whatever you do to the skin affects the clothes, too (anything overlaying the skin, anyway). The way you get around that problem is usually by dressing the sim in clothes that don't use the SimSkin group for the actual clothes, such as 3t2/4t2 onversions or the like.