Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 3:22 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 8th Mar 2010 at 10:03 PM.
Default Neighbourhood theme, history
Here we can pursue our debate on the theme we would like to have for our neighborhood, and then discuss what we want to see in there, the storyline, etc...

To-do list:
* Find the name of the town.
* Finish and Write the Lilith/Ricci family story and their family-tree.
* Finish and Write the Alvaro family story and their family-tree.
* Imagine and Write the De luca family story.
* Develop the museum idea: what pictures, from what era, who, where etc.

HISTORY

Many years after the first Spanish settlers had reached the shore, a flame-haired woman set foot on the land in search of a new beginning. Locals were intrigued by her presence and soon came to see her as an outsider ("forastera") even after failed attempts on her part to fit in. Only one man out of the many had bothered to befriend her and it was then that she realized that what truly set her apart wasn't her appearance, but something that went deeper than that. Something in her had awakened and she knew that even before the birth of her first child, she would be to the one to unleash hell on earth.

By the time the town had caught up to her dark secret, she had fallen into the arms of her only male friend. Even when others were accusing her of inflicting illnesses on them, he had come to her rescue and refused to end their clandestine affair. They saw her as a witch but in his eyes, she was a goddess ("diosa").

Sadly, love wasn't enough to save her life and she was burnt at the stake three nights after the birth of their illegitimate daughter who was among the few survivors of the mysterious disease. It then became a common belief that those who opened their hearts would prosper, and those that refused to show kindness and love were bound to suffer.
Advertisement
#2 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:22 PM Last edited by CharmingFirewaller : 21st Feb 2010 at 10:58 PM.
I'm glad I finally found the group. I got lost for a while in the Social Groups section amidst all the teen and music clubs. Hehe. By the way, you might want to credit littl0_lia as a writer as well since she came up with a really good background story involving a woman immune to a mysterious disease and was executed for spreading it.

EDIT: I was just thinking, what if we called the character Lilith? In Jewish lore she is said to be a night demon and some believe that she was Adam's first wife in the Bible and not Eve. Some also link her to death and diseases which I think would be appropriate since that's what the character carries and what would eventually lead to her downfall.

Of course, she may not necessarily be evil, because Wiccans consider her a Goddess so there's two ways of looking at it. The man who falls in love with her sees her as this beautiful person while others view her as a threat.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 10:55 PM
I know, even after creating it, I spent some time trying to find it. Ther's too much in there! I subscribed to the threads and it made it way easier.

I added litt0_lia and I'm going to resume our ideas so that we could catch up here:

We thought of a fishing town, a warm, close-knit community where people can enjoy life's simple pleasures and old town charm.

CharmingFirewaller ideas:
-A background story that involves the sea.

-Museum idea: We could have a museum dedicated to the first man and woman to set foot on the land and have the sims currently living there share tales about the town's history. Maybe we could have a few sims whose storylines relate to the events that have happened in the past. One of them could be falling in love with someone they're not supposed to (due to reasons I have yet to come up with...lol) and when walking by one of the paintings in the museum, he/she realizes they have much in common with a (fictional) historical figure. Sort of like history repeating itself.

-Creepy spot : we could have a desolate spot in the darker side of town that only brave (or ignorant) sims would dare to explore because of something that happened many years ago. There's something there that's keeping them away, but those who find out never return.

litt0_lia ideas:
- The big central tree.

- The plague: what if a foreigner (girl) from an unknown country came into the world we are working on now. She falls in love with a boy, but she carried a deadly disease only she was immune to. Soon after her arrival, people begin to become sick. So she brings a plague upon the town, but the boy still loves her even though he is the sickest of them all. The girl was pregnant beforehand, because she was fleeing from an evil husband(Yeah, I know xP). A few weeks(?) after, she gives birth to a baby that is also immune to the disease. This is how they figure out it was her who brought the disease, who killed many of the towns peoples. So she ends up getting burned to the stake, executed, blah blah...the disease still kills most of the town's population. But only a few dozen survived the plague, these were the ones who didn't care she carried a disease. They were able to see past that, and see she didn't mean to do it. Then these people came immune, and so they began to make babies(for lack of a better word) to re-populate the island. So everyone is immune, but there is a warning outside the island, that says those without good of heart will definitely parish.
#4 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 11:24 PM
I've got an idea that could tie in with the rest of Littl0_Lia's.

Let's make the desolate spot the place where the girl was burned. Rumors have spread over the years and while they aren't certain, some sims suspect that the reason no one makes it out alive is that her ghost still haunts the place.

What happened to her baby, though?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 11:45 PM
I really like the idea of the plague, with the burning and all. It's appropriate since it was a close community back then (and still now but less due to the science progress etc) so a foreigner would take time to be accepted even more if he brings a plague And there could be the burned ghost indeed, great thinking! I just have one thing that bothers me, it's the fact that the nice one didn't die. I just would prefer a more realistic way to tell the plague story.

The baby could have survived and her/his great-grand daughter/son still be somewhere in the neighborhood.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to comment. Lilith is a good name, with a lot of meaning. I like that idea
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 1:26 AM
lol...but Littl0_Lia said that the girl did die. It's the evil guy who's after her that survived, I think. I'm not sure about her lover, though. I do think it would be great to have her descendants in the hood. They wouldn't know they're related to her and maybe the evil guy's great grandson would end up cheating with that girl's great granddaughter who happens to be married to a fisherman.

He catches them, drama ensues. And then he kills them both with his hook!

Oops...too graphic. Lol. Let's leave out that part and make it open ended so players can decide whether they want to pursue this forbidden romance (in more ways that one) or break it off.

Also, the sea could have this mystical effect on the town's residents. Evil ones, especially, get lured into the water in the middle of the night, unable to resist the enchanted melody that plays in their hearts and minds. This is because the girl's ashes had been blown away by the wind when she was burned and some had fallen onto the surface of the sea.

The Hydrophobic trait could play a part here. Should we give them to Evil sims (who Littl0_Lia said would perish) or to Good sims?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
Also, the sea could have this mystical effect on the town's residents. Evil ones, especially, get lured into the water in the middle of the night, unable to resist the enchanted melody that plays in their hearts and minds. This is because the girl's ashes had been blown away by the wind when she was burned and some had fallen onto the surface of the sea.

The Hydrophobic trait could play a part here. Should we give them to Evil sims (who Littl0_Lia said would perish) or to Good sims?

wow, all great ideas, but how can we effect the sims in these ways?
#8 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Beaversyeah
wow, all great ideas, but how can we effect the sims in these ways?

It's pretty much just the background story and we could leave it up to the player to decide how they'd like to continue it. Unless there's a way to make it possible?

I mentioned the Hydrophobic trait because that could help create sims who have a sense that things aren't quite right, so they'd be afraid to go into the water. Although if you think about it, it does sound kinda silly cause then they'd be afraid to take a shower...lol

We could pretend that one character developed the fear after suffering from a traumatic event involving the sea. Perhaps they had been lured by the girl's cries but somehow managed to survive.

The opposite could also happen. Certain sims could have traits (like the Angler and Loves the Outdoors trait) that would make them want to get closer to the sea. What do you think?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 1:54 AM
Beaversyeah, we will try to adapt the ideas to actual gameplay.

I didn't meant the girl survived I meant this:

"the disease still kills most of the town's population. But only a few dozen survived the plague, these were the ones who didn't care she carried a disease. They were able to see past that, and see she didn't mean to do it. Then these people came immune"

I didn't know that being nice gave some special illness resistance Since the evil guy survived, i've got a crazy idea but could lilith carry with her a jewel, like a precious stone that she think is a fortune make (you know like hapiness giver, not really something to be rich) and now it is in the house of the evil family.

Yes, it's better if we let the player decide what will happen with the girl's great granddaughter or son. We could just let them know who she is, her past. She could have finally be mingling with the locals or maybe she could be living hidden, like in a witch hut lol.

For the hydrophobic trait could be nice to pursue, we'd just have to think it through, because it seems awful to be hydrophobic when life is so tied with the sea and water. So if we go this way, definitely an evil trait.

Edit: You posted before i finished writing (yeah, i'm kind of slow...) just thinking that the water thing may not be related to the girl but to another story that we would have to think about.
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 2:16 AM
Oh okay, you were referring to the others who didn't seem to mind that she was carrying a fatal disease. I suppose it would be realistic if they did die too. And I'm so loving the special gem idea. It would explain why he survived and so many people didn't.

A hidden witch hut would be nice. The girl's descendant could even have the Loner trait to make this more believable.

I guess we should only give certain sims the Hydrophobic trait so it doesn't get in the way of the player's enjoyment of the game, especially when playing a fishtown such as this one.

Maybe the story of the sea could revolve around the first settlers and how the town got its name.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 3:35 AM
Oh wow, while I was playing sims so many posts came along ;P
And, while I was building up my plot earlier, I was trying to tie it in with some of Charming's ideas. Anyways, at the moment I have an image in my head the front corner part of the island (it sounds like this is going to be an island?) is very desolate with skeletons remains, burned shrubbery, Lillith's stake, and a graveyard(could also be where criminal jobs location is). And then, it would be somewhat isolated from the rest of the town, with a wall of some sort or maybe a forest?

Ohh, and about that good people all living thing, that just came up from the top of my head. Like the disease was magic or something xP Maybe we should change that, right now. But since I have a brain fart the only idea that comes to mind is maybe they ate flame fruit, because she died in a fire. Also!! For the disease, what if their complexion turned pale blue, and had strange facial discolorations and markings. We could always use something like, subaxi's blush thinger and change it color. We could definitely utilize some of PMBD'S ugliest creation finds x x x
I still laugh at these, but of course we wouldn't include this in the actual world. Just utilize it in pictures of story telling, if we are going to do something of that sort.

And so, let me get this straight. Lillith has a special gem(In game diamond cut emerald/turquoise? Whatever her birth stone is?)which she leaves behind, because she is in such a rush to escape. The husband finds the gem, even though he is evil, he still has emotions for her perhaps? So he is sort of coo coo, and thinks that she was kidnapped and left this behind as a token of love. (He also doesn't have to be evil, he can just be an arranged marriage guy that fell deeply in love with her. But Lillith thinks that he just wants her for money) Keeping the jewel, he goes to the island,town(we haven't though of a name yet) to find her. By then all the stuff that we're brain storming has occurred. Or is this too much? Lol.

Also, Charming's witch hut thing sounds really cool. I remember in sims 2, in some of the neighborhoods they had hidden lots. I remember one in pleasantview and apartment life neighbourhood.

Overall, I'm sort of fond with the guy she runs away from is actually head over heels for her xP

And excuse me for all the 'also's and extremely long post o _ o
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 3:42 AM
I see how this could come together, but theres one other problem.
We need a world.
So, maybe we could launch a 'World Development' section of this group.
I, personally, think the world should be a small community that lays upon a sea shore. The area could be hilly and have a laid back feel to it, sort of like Riverview.
The world size could be medium or large, compensating for the hills and Distant Terrains. Lets throw in some farms, too.
The houses are medium to small, giving the world that village feel, and there can be a secret Island, concealing the Witch-Hut mentioned earlier.
I think that if we put our heads together, this can become a Featured Upload here in MTS.
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 3:53 AM
This is starting to get more and more interesting. I like your description of Lilith's execution site. I'm sure players would have quite an experience exploring that area and trying to picture what it must have been like for her.

And oh, the witch hut is actually Lanawinst's idea. I just agreed with her.

Making the husband madly in love with Lilith could be a fun challenge for players, Littl0_lia. He'd be a ghost by then since they'd be playing his grandchildren's generation...so they could maybe figure out a way to get him back together with Lilith.

Unless she still doesn't want him even after all those years...lol

EDIT: Just read Beaver's post. Your World idea sounds really good and I think the witch hut on an island would be perfect too.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:02 AM
Beaver, I think it should be either medium or small, maybe not farms but fisherys. Since Lana was thinking european fisher town I think? I'm quite fond of the idea of a valley, I see a big valley where a bunch of very classic houses lay, nestled into the crevices. Not so much like sunset valley, less sunset more valley and sea ;P But the island, it would be problematic to get to unless we had a bridge. In WA at Champ Les Sims, they have an island that is unaccesible. So we would need a bridge that fits in well. I'm wondering what EP's this world would require. At the moment, I only feel Base Game and WA would be necessary.

Charming, I didn't realize that was Lana's idea! Must have got lost in my blur of absorbing posts. It would be pretty cool if ghosts could be able to maintain relationships after there dead, I'm not sure if awesomemod makes this possible though since I'm playing with it. It would be pretty neat if it did.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:05 AM
Wow! So much things posted, nice job everyone! I'm sorry I'm falling asleep now, I'll read everything tomorrow and give my point of view. Keep going like that and we're gonna have a great world
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:12 AM
Yeah, I think this town would be cozier than Sunset Valley, with homes real close to each other and with a warmer look cause I find the architecture in SV to be very cold and sterile (especially the supposedly modern homes that I don't think I've seen in real life).

I think what Beaver meant is that it would still be a fish town but similar to Riverview in a way because it's comparatively smaller than Sunset Valley and more quaint.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 5:10 AM
Ahh, I see. Sorry beaver and good night Lana. I feel sleepy too, But I'll be on for a little while longer.

OH, ALSO THE BABY. Remember Lillith, and her hubby that she despises, made a baby. So wouldn't it be like incest if her kids and the hubbys kids got together? Or could the baby be with Lillith and her lover she met on the island?

Well anyways, I'm just gonna post a picture of a Lillith I've been working on. I saw that she has red hair in the bible, but I haven't found a favorable color that is ginger enough. So right now she has sandy brown hair. And I have yet, to find proper clothes that fit the time period. Excuse the edge smoothness, as that kills my game XD

Tell me how I can fix her? Cheeks too fat(I like chubbeh cheeks)? Jaw too wide? Etcetera? I was actually wanting a longer hair, but too many pretty newsea hairs to look through @-@
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 12:35 PM
CharmingFirewaller, the girl's descendant with the Loner trait is an excellent idea.

litt0_lia, you are full of ideas, and that's great. Don't change I'm debating your ideas but that's why we're a group so we're going to try to make the best with everything's everyone gave. For the disease actually, we don't need a magical reason. People infected by new diseases they're not immune too because of foreigners happens. Ask the native americans if they liked the european encounter and their diseases . But that would be fun indeed to see physical ways that the disease affected the population and make pictures of it.

The location where lili was burned is propbably not the cimeterry, since it's a place of shame that the inhabitants tryed their hard to forget about. But actually building that place would be great because it would give more direct historical background to the world by making it the place where lilith's ghost wanders. It would be desolated, with the burn marks of the deed, somewhere out of the town. As for the criminal jobs location I'm imagining more that they would regroup in an old fishbuilding that's no longer in use.

As for the special gem, that's the kind of thing a person never leave without, no? I would have imagined more that it was taken from her by the leader of the people who burnt her just before they did the deed. It's now hidden or not somewhere in his house. But you can imagine a story involoving her husband arrival on the town if you like.

For the bridge, well, i'm guessing the only way to do it would be to make one on the CW tool or to make the sea between the isle and the land a buildeable terrain so that we could build the bridge.

Your lilith is such a cutie! Good job! One thing I've been thinking though is that if Lilith is a foreigner and the town is european, your lilith is maybe too european. Lilith is a jewish name, right? Why not getting inspired by this? But does not mean that we're not going to use that sim, we cvould always use her afterwards for someone else. And well yes, it would be incest... So you'll have to find a way to explainhow the father raised him outside and how the the child found a match to breed etc. With the imagination you and charming got i'm sure you're up to the task.

Beaversyeah, a featured creation would be great but I seriously doubt that. Not that we're not going to do a great world but having something featured is usually not only when it's great, but requires a mod to fall in love with it. Originality, playability might count too, so it's very rare.
You've got a lot of good ideas! You're right, it's going to be a small community that lays upon a sea shore. You can say it's going to be laid-back like Riverview but the feel would be really different. As Charming said, the houses are smaller, colorful and tied together. It doesn't look like an american village. The landscape is hilly, since the town I showed has mountains background, and having a mountain landscape helps differentiate it with Riverview. Also, the fact that it is a mountain means no real agricultural farm, maybe some breeding ones, and a lot of fishing structures (as litt0_lia said) like that:

As for the world development section, i'm still waiting for kiwi_tea answer to start it.

Wow, sorry for the long post.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 12:55 PM
Theres a fish hatchery in Riverview we can look at and get ideas from, just to have an idea about building it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 1:08 PM
Really? I haven't seen that. Damn me for not playing Riverview a lot! I'll check, thanks for the hint.
#21 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 1:32 PM
Your Lilith looks really beautiful, Litt0_Lia. Her eyes look very innocent yet captivating. I can already imagine one of the town's locals falling in love with her. And the incest thing hadn't crossed my mind actually. I guess it never occured to me that the baby would be hers and the husband's too. Now that you mention it, perhaps it would be better if their descendants didn't fall in love with each other.

Maybe they could be "just friends" and we'll let the players discover the they're related by dropping hints in their biographies and through pictures.

Also, if you'd like, your sim could be Lilith's descendant. It would make sense for her to have European features cause we could pretend that Lilith's son/daughter had gotten married to one of the locals and that's how this girl came to be.

I have a few things in mind involving the sea but I wanted to ask you all first if you'd like its history to be something dark/creepy or romantic. The latter might help us come up with a name for it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 1:49 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
Maybe they could be "just friends" and we'll let the players discover the they're related by dropping hints in their biographies and through pictures.

Also, if you'd like, your sim could be Lilith's descendant. It would make sense for her to have European features cause we could pretend that Lilith's son/daughter had gotten married to one of the locals and that's how this girl came to be.

I have a few things in mind involving the sea but I wanted to ask you all first if you'd like its history to be something dark/creepy or romantic. The latter might help us come up with a name for it.

The friends discovering their mutual past is a great idea. Very dramatic And yes, she could be lilith's descendant, you're right. That would be nice if lilith had a foreign appareance but we could still see the family resemblance, don't you think?

For the sea story, if you've already got an idea go ahead, either creepy or romantic or both, I don't mind, we'll it discuss then with everyone.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 3:17 PM
Hello people,

The pictures look great and I think the story is coming along wonderful. If you want, then I would love to help out by building some houses. Or maybe some families that live in the town.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:50 PM
Hello sleepyrose and welcome to our group!

Having another builder could be nice, since there's probably going to be a lot of lots to build. Have you pictures of buildings you built before? Have you something or some type you'd rather build? I'm just trying to get a more precise idea of who will build what.
#25 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:21 PM
Welcome to the group, sleepyrose!

Lana, I've been brainstorming for a while and have come up with a story for the sea. Let's say that around the time the plague was spreading, two young lovers named Beau and Wrenna were planning on running away together. Everything around them made them realize that life was too short and they just had to seize the moment so they decided to meet up at the beach on the night of the execution. I know you said not to make it related to Lilith but they haven't even met her in person so technically it's still about them.

Sadly, Wrenna's older sister finds out about their plan and thwarts it by keeping her locked in until dawn. Wrenna, of course, couldn't wait that long (because there were no cell phones back then) and Beau would be waiting for her at the beach.

Determined to get her way, Wrenna sneaks out in the middle of the night and runs as fast as she can towards the beach. The minute she gets there, she sees the moonlight gleaming on the dark water and finds her beloved laying still on the sandy ground. They were both infected and she knew that death was coming for him so she lay next to him, held his hand and fell into eternal slumber.

Page 1 of 8