Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 5:44 AM
Default Looking for a mesh in Seasons files
I've had the idea floating around in my head for a while to make a falling petals object that can be placed with trees during the springtime, and thought to pick apart the falling leaves effect that trees get in autumn as a base, since it would already be properly animated. I've successfully located the textures in Seasons' Textures.package file (ep5_leafparticle_txtr, ep5_leafparticle2_txtr and ep5_leafparticle3_txtr), but have been unable to locate a mesh that these textures go with. I've been going through the various ObjectsXX.package files in the same location but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 11:54 AM
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 3:28 PM
I'm quite sure you're not going to find it because it is an effect named EP5_leavesFalling, not an object. Trees have multiple 'fire grow' slots and the effect is placed in several of them by an animation. However we do already have a falling petals effect from wedding arches named wedPetals that you might get away with using.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I'm quite sure you're not going to find it because it is an effect named EP5_leavesFalling, not an object. Trees have multiple 'fire grow' slots and the effect is placed in several of them by an animation. However we do already have a falling petals effect from wedding arches named wedPetals that you might get away with using.

Thank you! I had assumed that whatever was displayed in the game must have a corresponding mesh to put it on for it to display, but I hadn't realized effects were handled differently.
In all my years of playing this game, I've actually never used any of the wedding arches--I had no idea they had such an effect! It looks promising!