Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1150
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1921 times.
Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2020, 3:45 PM DefaultDisable highlighting of objects and sims ? #1
sim2fanyea
Original Poster

Test Subject

Hi everyone !

I don't know if any of you already noticed (but I bet you did), but when you move the mouse cursor on an object, it gets slightly highlighted.
Here's an example :

And when you do machinima, while hitting the FirstPersonCamera TAB button, you sometimes get you mouse stuck on an object which will be highlighted and this can be really annoying...
Isn't there any way to disable this highlighting somewhere ?

Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 4:48 PM #2
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Only thing I can think of (because I mostly find this annoying when the cursor decides to linger on a sim or something else that gives a text bubble when hitting TAB) is to make sure you move the mouse to a patch of ground or a non-intrusive part of the sim panel first. Sounds obvious, but is easy to forget.
Old 13th May 2020, 6:53 PM #3
sim2fanyea
Original Poster

Test Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Only thing I can think of (because I mostly find this annoying when the cursor decides to linger on a sim or something else that gives a text bubble when hitting TAB) is to make sure you move the mouse to a patch of ground or a non-intrusive part of the sim panel first. Sounds obvious, but is easy to forget.

Yeah when I think of it I try to do that, but sometimes I just forget and realize later. I was really looking for another way, a modding way in SimPE...
Old 13th May 2020, 7:39 PM #4
simmer22
Mad Poster

3 Achievements

Could be one of those hard-coded things in the game. At least it's a bit less intrusive than in for instance TS4.
Old 13th May 2020, 9:15 PM #5
kacpi33
Test Subject

I think there is a cheat to make it disappear or make everything "highlighted".
Or maybe there was something about it in the Gunmod's radiance system. I'm honestly not sure but I think there is something there

Section jump: