Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 2:31 PM
Default Hidden Mesh Parts
A quick question. When listing the polygon count for an upload do you include hidden mesh parts in the count?

e.g. If the outfit has shoes and barefoot options, but only one of them is set to show up do you need to list the polygons for the one you aren't using?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 5:49 PM
Hidden mesh parts are still part of the mesh. They're still there, even if they don't show. So yes, they count. It's not like they magically disappear just because you don't color them in.

Especially important if one or more of the shoe/feet options are high-poly.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 6:44 AM
Thanks. I think that I was indeed imagining them vanishing into the aether if they weren't showing. XD I'll fix the upload.
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 12:56 PM
If the mesh part doesn't have a texture assigned in the Shape nor is included in the Property Set then the game doesn't use or load it. It's only when those unused bits use transparent textures to hide them that they are wasting recourses.
However you should still include them in the mesh poly count since the parts that are actually used depend on the outfit which doesn't have a poly count.